Female Worgen - Changes before launch?

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Re: Female Worgen - Changes before launch?

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'm not a fan of the model either. I'll roll a male,but I hope they fix the sniffing. I mean it seems like such an obvious problem I can't see them not doing something...then again two fix it patches and my bug pet still doesn't work.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I wish they would have given options in both sexes between "OMFGSCARY" and a more calm look. Hell, in my mind, worgen casters (and especially druids and healers) shouldn't look like they're about to tear your face off; I picture them, at most, as being cold and calculating.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

Ok, I was expecting them to look a little rougher in the face.. and they would look so much better if they had a damn tail.. '.'`
TygerDarkstorm wrote:I have a love-hate relationship with the female worgen models. =/
I dislike their prego bellies and square butts
At least their butts don't sag, as is the case with NE males. (I realize they're insanely old and all, but come on..)

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Felidire wrote:Ok, I was expecting them to look a little rougher in the face.. and they would look so much better if they had a damn tail.. '.'`
TygerDarkstorm wrote:I have a love-hate relationship with the female worgen models. =/
I dislike their prego bellies and square butts
At least their butts don't sag, as is the case with NE males. (I realize they're insanely old and all, but come on..)
Hey, blood elves and high elves are also old and they have the bods of sexy call boys.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Keleri
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by Keleri »

I'm ridiculously disappointed in the female models. :/ They look like a cleaned-up Second Life model.

I had a special name picked out, backstory made up in my head... and ended up scrapping my plan to roll a worgen priest and instead made a tauren. I'll still be race changing my rogue to a male worgen, but yeah. Very disappointing. The other races at least let you choose your character's face, so you can have a "fierce" face if you want or a "nice" one.

I'm also disappointed with the female goblin faces, every single one looks bizarre and spaced out on the model viewer. Male goblin mage it is.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

They turned out a lot better than they could have been, with the original cutesy vixen faces and wig-on-a-dog hairstyles. I just wish there was more time for refinements, but, welp, they're probably finished working with them. Once they make something playable on live, they rarely change it, thanks to community backlash.

Would be great if they fixed the boxy butt/shoulders and gave more face styles. (All of the "faces" slightly recolor the eyes and move the facial patterns around, instead of, well, altering the actual eye style/facial structure like every other race.) Still rolling one, just using the "cat silencer" trick.
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Ket Shi wrote:They turned out a lot better than they could have been, with the original cutesy vixen faces and wig-on-a-dog hairstyles. I just wish there was more time for refinements, but, welp, they're probably finished working with them. Once they make something playable on live, they rarely change it, thanks to community backlash.

Would be great if they fixed the boxy butt/shoulders and gave more face styles. (All of the "faces" slightly recolor the eyes and move the facial patterns around, instead of, well, altering the actual eye style/facial structure like every other race.) Still rolling one, just using the "cat silencer" trick.
I think some of the boxiness is from the fact the models can't have an excess of polys or the game would unnecessarily lag when someone tried to view them. Not even sure if their modelers originally work the models that low poly or if they use a script. When ever I adjust the polys in my models, it takes atleast an hour to fix the adjustments. I really wish I had their terrain edit (wowedit). Thing is sweet, from what I hear, it's like an awesome SC2 edit on roids.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

I decided to respec my alt, so I went to the druid trainer in SW..
Lets just all be thankful the worgen models don't look like this... XD

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

At least that actually looks frightening! :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Minifig
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Minifig »

The 'Sniffing' is supposed to be an "idle" thing now, it doesn't happen often.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Minifig wrote:The 'Sniffing' is supposed to be an "idle" thing now, it doesn't happen often.
God I hope your right. would hate to play wow with the sound off ><
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

I think I'll make my worgen a druid, since I like the natural colors of the worgen druid forms better then the night elf colors anyway.
That way she can be in human form while not in combat, in cat form while fighting and in fast travel form until I've ground out rep with Stormwind and I can buy her a horse.
That way I won't have to look at her worgen form too often and I can still see the worgen starter zone and enjoy the race from a RP perspective, but won't have to look at the bad model or listen to the sniffing :D
I don't like playing male characters, and I don't want to play Horde so I think this might be the best compromise for me.

Vespias
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Vespias »

For the first time in 6 years Mrs Ves will be rolling a male. But I do like the femal worgen flirts and jokes. Do I smell bacon....?

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Female Wrogen, the new replacement for Female dwarfs in the under-used departmet.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I know I'll be rolling a male. At least they look like they have an IQ above 20. :cry:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Rhyela wrote:I'm still hoping they're going to surprise us at the last minute. And yes, now that you mention it, they totally look like that dog. I saw another caption somewhere that said something like, "Jeff put on his 'casual' face, hoping no one would notice he farted." Now every time I see a worgen female, I'm going to think they just farted. :lol:

I HATE you!!!

it's been a while since I saw this thread, and I'm STILL laughing at this comment.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.