Why so much negativity?

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Why so much negativity?

Unread post by Cozzene »

The last several dungeons I've been in, I've been healing. The 32k hp, ungemmed, 187 blue'd paladin tank just screaming very nasty obscenities at me because his health was dropping in PoS. (Shocker! Not sure how he even got in there). Prior to that, had a tank drop mid-1st boss pull in HoL because he wanted Lightning Struck, and the boss had been pulled uncharged. AN, they wanted the 1st boss achievement. We wiped. In a different PoS group, I was queue'd in after a wipe on the hill. We wiped there (again for them).

Nothing but lousy, awful groups, some of them getting abusive towards me (healer). I'm not healing anymore. I need 400 JP, but the faster queue isn't worth how awful it's been lately. I'm close to crying. Over a video game =(
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Why so much negativity?

Unread post by Rawr »

:hug: So sorry that happened to u hun :hug: ppl can be soo uptight, never understood why tho. Im sure you're a GREAT healer and just got some bad groups (and some stuck up think they can take on everything cus the wear plate idiots) You shouldn't stop healing if u like it and if all else fails and the tank is stupid/WAY under geared drop group after the 1st wipe, thats what I do. They won't have you to kick around and they will have to wait for another healer and find its the lousy tank's fault not yours, in the mean time you are happily in a another group almost finishing your instance :D hope you feel better :hug: :hug: :mrgreen:

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

People are bad players and they don't even realize it. So they blame everyone else. Usually the healer. >_< Cataclysm dungeons will eat them alive.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

It's always easiest to blame the healer. Healer's job is to make people not die. If people die, clearly the healer is not doing his/her job. This would be the train of logic, even if it is unfortunately wrong most of the time.

I've noticed (largely studying...well myself really) that since most people play dps in one way or another, that's really the only angle you see. It's hard to tell if somebody is a good/bad healer or a good/bad tank unless you've played either role, or you've been doing dungeons for a very long time. I myself still have trouble remembering numbers...how much health should a tank have for X instance? How much of Y stat should they have to get Z amount of damage reduction/whatever? Unless mobs are all over the place and the tank isn't holding a one consistently, it can be hard for non-tanks or newer dungeon-runners to tell the tank just isn't ready for the encounter.

But even a newbie dungeon trawler can tell when they're dead, and if they're dead, clearly it's the healer's fault, because it's their job to make people not-dead. See, the logic, it...

It...makes no sense at all. /sigh

Just keep doing it though, if you really like healing! Don't let a few runs slow you down. Maybe choose a dungeon you like to run, instead of doing it on random? I do that sometimes if I've had a bad run; you'll still earn points, but you also know you are going to have fun in the instance too, which is...y'know...the point of playing a GAME.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Heuristic
Realm: Firetree

Unread post by Heuristic »

Kalliope wrote:People are bad players and they don't even realize it. So they blame everyone else. Usually the healer. >_< Cataclysm dungeons will eat them alive.

And when Cata's dungeons eat them alive, they'll still blame others....*sigh*
Andine
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonglade

Unread post by Andine »

Heuristic wrote:
Kalliope wrote:People are bad players and they don't even realize it. So they blame everyone else. Usually the healer. >_< Cataclysm dungeons will eat them alive.

Most likely Blizzard. AND the healer.

I don't know why, but this sort of behaviour certainly is getting more and more "popular" with time. Perhaps because more people get to play WoW and more awful people, that don't usually play those games, get to it, showing true colors of our usual behaviour? In the beta, at least the last one, dungeon groups in the beginning were better too - when more people from "outside" got in, it started going downhill.
More people = bigger chance to get an a**hole in the group.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

I just healed H HoR in shadow gear yesterday because I switched specs, totally forgot to switch gear (I'm s-m-r-t!), figured that cemented me as a non-failure. I was like "Wtf mana bar??" Then when we left, I realised my mistake >_>

But, I came here to get a little reassurance for the now ruined ego. I'll eat the 20min queue, just to avoid the nastiness I keep running into =\ WoW is scary. Thank you for helping me get back on my feet ._.;

ETA;
Maybe choose a dungeon you like to run, instead of doing it on random? I do that sometimes if I've had a bad run; you'll still earn points, but you also know you are going to have fun in the instance too, which is...y'know...the point of playing a GAME.
I like this idea a lot. I'm actually a big fan of Nexus. Go figure, lol.
Kalliope

Heuristic wrote:

Sadly yes. >_< I forsee myself withdrawing further into guild runs anticipating this.

And totally agreed, Vel. :/ That's the logic. And queuing for specific dungeons is a good idea in some brackets. Some dungeons are just notorious for fouling up the bad tanks. Like BF could be bad if you have a melee heavy group and they choose to eat all the land mines on the floor instead of mitigating damage. (I have chain heal, so it was okay! But not everyone can be a shaman in BoAs...)

YouTube Edition

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Maybe we should ask Santa for PuG school this Xmas?
Lazuly
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Lazuly »

A side effect of cross-server grouping is that there is no social consequence for treating groupmembers like crap. Before, if you were a dbag, word got around on the server and hurt your ability to make a group. Now, there is no such penality, so people feel free to treat others like garbage. Very sad.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

Wonder if they'll ever add "Ignore Server" as a feature...
Kaleos
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul/Nesingwary

Unread post by Kaleos »

You can ignore the player and you'll never get a queue with them again. Though sadly people don't read patch notes. So they think everything is still pull all and AOE, while the healer just spams heals regardless of gear. Not realizing all the changes that went into health, and healing and everything. Hopefully Cata will weed out some of the more abusive, impatient ones. >_<
For just one click a day, you too can sponsor a squiby pet. Do it! :D
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Dont worry. I got a crappy group early this morning too for SFK. This mage was bitching the entire time for NO reason, especially about our healer(pally who was doing just fine, I might add). Just nagging on the healer the entire way, especially about our healer using HealBot instead of Grid. We get close to the last boss and I lost it(I was already not in a good mood due to ANOTHER death of a friend but thats another story). I just went OFF on her and was like "ENOUGH! Just STFU already! You've been whining this entire instance for no freakin reason! The healer is NOT a n00b for using an addon that helps him do his job! Just because it's not one that you use doesnt make him a fail heals! Unless you're healing, then STFU about how he does it! It doesn't matter what he uses as long as it helps him get us through the goddamned instance!"

The mage shut up after that. I got a whisper from the healer, thanking me for sticking up for him. I told him it was no big deal and I was already on edge as it was and people like that mage really piss me off, especially since a lot of the best healers I know use HealBot.

Though the healer let the mage die on the last boss. It was amusing. I /highfived him. The mage had it coming and deserved to die.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

I tried again, after getting a perk here. Said in party I needed mana. Tank plowed forward. He died. He then goes "WTF???" ... Yeah, no more healing fer me =\ Good thing my healing set isn't TOO great (5/5 t9 with a few 232/245 off pieces), just a shame it'll gather dust now.

I'd love to join you guys in a run. I bet that'd be a blast. Sticking up for other party members takes guts, that's admirable.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Cozzene wrote:I tried again, after getting a perk here. Said in party I needed mana. Tank plowed forward. He died. He then goes "WTF???" ... Yeah, no more healing fer me =\ Good thing my healing set isn't TOO great (5/5 t9 with a few 232/245 off pieces), just a shame it'll gather dust now.

I'd love to join you guys in a run. I bet that'd be a blast. Sticking up for other party members takes guts, that's admirable.
See, I would've called the tank out and been like "They said they needed mana. Dont go plowing into mobs when the one keeping us alive needs to rest a moment. So Your Death = Your fault".

I don't like it when people scream at someone for no reason. I know i personally hate being blamed for something I didnt do. It hurts and is very discouraging so I guess I take it upon myself in WoW to stand up when I know something isnt right.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope

Cozzene wrote:I tried again, after getting a perk here. Said in party I needed mana. Tank plowed forward. He died. He then goes "WTF???" ... Yeah, no more healing fer me =\ Good thing my healing set isn't TOO great (5/5 t9 with a few 232/245 off pieces), just a shame it'll gather dust now.

I've been getting tanks like that constantly as I've been leveling through Outland. I run around as elemental while waiting on queues, so I have to respec/drink upon entering instances. I've had a grand total of two actually wait while I spammed party chat saying I was drinking. Most are lucky that I'm a good healer because I hop up and heal them on fumes. >_<

YouTube Edition

Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

My favorite is when I was healing on Bellatryx my holy Pally and I was out-healing people with better gear than me because they were bad or just lazy. If the group wiped due to craziness they'd immediately jump to blaming me or the other healer in the most immature and disrespectful ways.

Even as a hunter the last PoS group I did the tank insisted on skipping the first bit of trash on our way to Scourgelord Tyrannus and I ran up the hill.. and everyone else started panicing when the mobs started spawning. I knew since they weren't situated they wouldnt aggro until they were in their spots. At the last moment the mage gained aggro and died..the next person on the aggro list was me and big surprise.. we wiped. The moment we started rezzing. "Hunter you went too early." I replied with, "I'm not sure what you mean, I didn't have aggro at all until the mage died."

Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

I left that last PoS run lol >_< tried to save the wipe but it didn't happen, so I just left. I wasn't going to put up with that abuse... again =(
Naiaara
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Naiaara »

I have three healers: an 80 druid, 80 shaman, and almost 70 priest. I got in to a pretty bad Stratholme run the other day... as soon as we get in, the rogue stealths and doesn't realize that all the mobs can see him. He pulled the entire room just about. Then, after another wipe because we got extra mobs pulled in by a hunter, everybody ran back except the druid.

I'm like, "Druid, run back." As I get back to where we died, I see the pally resing the druid. I say, "You're nice. I wouldn't have done that."

The druid, after everybody else had run back, proceeds to say "Resing is the healer's job." I retorted, "Not when everybody else ran back."

Normally people aren't so lazy, but I've gotten to the point that if everybody else runs back, I am not going to waste my time resing the one lazy person who didn't want to spend the effort to run back. It's not like the runs are even that far! Grrr ><

I agree, though. When I have a crappy tank, I used to feel like I was a bad healer. Now that I really know what I'm doing, I know different. Tanks and dps can be nasty when they think the healer is doing a bad job.

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

"You want me to take blame for your mistake?" Is gonna be my answer if someone starts moaning at me about them dying in fire because I chose not to life grip them. If it sparkles, it's very likely it wants to kill you.

I don't think i'm the right person to comment on what goes in the minds of elitist pugs, because I'm not very good with words.. xD But there was a really good post about cata dungeons on mmo a little while ago (it got on the front page).

I'm in a pretty fortunate position myself because my guild is active and we've got superb healers and tanks, so I very rarely have the need to pug. I honestly don't believe I'm going to do it in a long while once cata goes live.

But don't take to heart any of the nonsense people spit at you in pugs. I got loads of crap from some elitist punks when I was practicing kitty dps in my bear spec in pugs (I was far far behind in gear at one point), but I just kept going. People enjoy the anonymity they seem to think they're blessed with on the internet, and think they can say anything they want. But in the end, that's just what they are. Anonymous, sad little bullies with nothing better to do in life but grief.