Crappy Groups

Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Crappy Groups

Unread post by Feath3r »

fatman wrote:Weeelll, it wasn't a bad group but definitely the ending leaves a lot to be desired.

I was healer on a Wailing Caverns PUG and we killed all the Serpent Lords and the giant shambler and that thunder lizard, then our tank just says kthnxbai just as we started the awakening quest. The remaining members wiped.

Later in the day, on my second WC PUG, we killed all of those mentioned again and the whole party just left without doing the awakening quest. Sheesh, I hope they realize that you don't get the achievement without killing Mutanus. :-/

I'm going back there some other day when I could solo it, as a Priest. Good luck to me. :-/
Wait until, oh, 60 and clear house. It's fun. >:)
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'm sitting here, looking at my guide. It tells me to run an instance for XP and whatnot. Despite my loathing of PuGs, my guild tank tells me BC isn't that bad, not until 70. So I go in. Slave Pens is our run, and I pull out imp when there's no priest. For the buff or whatever. It's all going along okayish, we pulls a few extra packs, but we take care of them without issue.

We get to Mennu, and the tank pulls a group. Boss is aggro'd, heads for healer. Tank continues smiting his group, ignores healer. I blink, do a bit of DPS, and tank still does nothing. DK is off elsewhere. The other lock begins tanking with their felguard, while I pull out my voidwalker, Hathkrit. I send in Hathkrit, spam their taunt, and he's tanking.

So Hathkrit tanks the first half, DK shows up and helps, tank has finished and stands there. Okay, fine. Hathkrit is merrily tanking, I'm taking out totems, and healer is healing. Finally, tank gets his act together and finishes tanking.

So he goes down, and I'm healing up, getting ready to bring imp bac-oh. They're moving again. Fine. Keep prepping, join in. Again, all is okay till tank pulls a pack...then another pack. First pack goes for healer, and again, total disregard from tank. So other lock and I try to AoE them down, as does the DK. DK dies and OHGODSTHEY'REALLONME. I die, healer dies, tank dies.

We're running back, and other lock pipes up, "Hey. I'm over here. Rez me. In the water." I'm facepalming, because he's too lazy to corpse run...Healer drops. We all stare at each other...There goes tank and DK. Finally, with the lock still dead, I leave. Don't know how he ended.

Eeeergh.

>.>; Go Hathkrit and your awesome tankyness.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Poor Azu. BC isnt so bad but good god, I've met some morons......

Should I mention the shaman healer that asked me if Elemental is the healing spec?

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

If it makes him feel better, I don't know the healy spec.

If it makes him feel stupid, I've never got a shaman past level 6. Yeah.

As for a plus with the above instance, I got the one hand spell sword, and paired that up with some random quest off-hand, so I got more tasty spell power! And a level!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Azunara wrote:If it makes him feel better, I don't know the healy spec.

If it makes him feel stupid, I've never got a shaman past level 6. Yeah.

As for a plus with the above instance, I got the one hand spell sword, and paired that up with some random quest off-hand, so I got more tasty spell power! And a level!
See such a question doesnt bother me except if you're in a RANDOM playing said role. XD

shammies have three specs....Elemental, Enhancement, Restoration. I bet you can tell what is for what.

LisaaraPokefarm

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Restoration is obviously healy. Enhancement is a mix...support spec, and Elemental is damage?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Azunara wrote:Restoration is obviously healy. Enhancement is a mix...support spec, and Elemental is damage?
You're pretty close...hehe.

Resto is healy, yes. Enhancement is the melee dps of the shaman class. Elemental is the ranged DPS of the shaman class. Basically kinda like how druids have Tree, Kitty, and Boomkin.

LisaaraPokefarm

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Okay, then. All I know about shamans is Enhancement summoned wolves.

...Right?
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Azunara wrote:Okay, then. All I know about shamans is Enhancement summoned wolves.

...Right?
Correct! And though I hear Enhancement is amazing fun, I've tried it out a few times, only to fail miserably and get bored somewhere around level 20. Elemental however...one of my favourite classes and specs of all time!

On topic:

My pet hate is...well...pet-less hunters. I can deal with jerky tanks, ninja:ing morons, bad healers and over-eager dps, but if I see a hunter that has no pet, and I am in a position to punish them for it, I always, always do (after repeatedly, and politely, asking them to take out their pets, of course). Sometimes it's nice to have the power of a healer. "If the pet doesn't appear, or you don't tame one within the next few minutes, I am not healing you." Luckily those hunters tend to also be the ones that pull constantly, so end up dead very fast, and very satisfyingly.

Going to level my Druid healer a bit today, so I may have some juicy stories later! :D
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

*Is one of the hunters who runs without a pet fairly often*
Punishing them is a bit rough, don't you think? As long as their DPS is good and they play well, proper CC and stuff, I don't see why they should be punished. The ones who pull and die, however... Feel free to kill them. ^^

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Saturo wrote:*Is one of the hunters who runs without a pet fairly often*
Punishing them is a bit rough, don't you think? As long as their DPS is good and they play well, proper CC and stuff, I don't see why they should be punished. The ones who pull and die, however... Feel free to kill them. ^^
No, it's not severe because the Hunter is a Pet-Using Class. You dont want a pet? Roll something that doesn't require one. You got plenty to choose from. Not trying to be mean about it but this is the truth. It's how this class was designed.

LisaaraPokefarm

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Saturo wrote:*Is one of the hunters who runs without a pet fairly often*
True, true. If only their dps WOULD be good. But it never, ever has been so far. Granted, I've only been healing for about half a year now (on and off) so I obviously haven't yet come across those who know what they're doing! As for CC, I doubt those people even know what it is. Also, I always ask why they don't have a pet on them (obviously I even consider a "I'm here to tame so-and-so" as a good enough reason), but the only time I ever even got a response, it was "I do better dps without one." Needless to say, he wasn't great and we ended up dead, after an impressive Scarlet Monastery cathedral pull. Our tank and healer left after that (I was on one of my hunters).

Oh I remember one hilarious character from an Uldaman run I healed once! Everyone else in the group was fine, so we had no problems, but I did meet the most confusing Boomkin ever. It was a Nelf female, dressed in a mix of agility and intellect gear. Everything from caster cloth to kitty leathers, spirit thrown in now and again. What was most mind-boggling about this person however, was that she ran around in Boomkin form, but as soon as we entered combat, popped into her Elf form and ran to the mobs where she madly flailed at them with her strength and agility dagger. We didn't even have the heart to kick her. Her dps was abysmal, and she was constantly trying to push our tank to move faster (he was more than adequate in speed, I hasten to add). Ah, good times.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ah, fair enough. :)

If they're bad, go ahead and kick them. I was just thinking you kicked them right away if they didn't have a pet, regardless of skill. The reason I run without one is because for a MM hunter it's pretty much nonexistent DPS and I actually do better DPS and CC without it, I have a hard time focusing on keeping that mob trapped and killing that one if I have to make sure my pet isn't getting itself killed in the meantime. ^^

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

Saturo wrote:Ah, fair enough. :)

If they're bad, go ahead and kick them. I was just thinking you kicked them right away if they didn't have a pet, regardless of skill. The reason I run without one is because for a MM hunter it's pretty much nonexistent DPS and I actually do better DPS and CC without it, I have a hard time focusing on keeping that mob trapped and killing that one if I have to make sure my pet isn't getting itself killed in the meantime. ^^
No, no, I never kick ANYONE right away for any reason since everyone deserves a chance. I usually don't like initiating kicks anyway, makes me feel like a jerk. And should I ever come across a hunter who dishes out adequate dps, even attempts using CC and is generally a nice person who doesn't ignore the party chat, then fine, I won't moan about the lack of pet (though I can never understand it myself, even if I had to keep the pet on passive, I simply must have my beauties by my side ! :lol: ).
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

ugh i get this every other random. its not so bad on Sylvia now bc she is a geared-to-the-teeth- 70 who usualy runs with other twinked 70s who know what they are doing. but during a few of my rep grinds i had to do more normal randoms then heroic and i got a nasty reminder of how things usualy seem to go. healers who dont feel like healing, Dks who dont know thier class yet and pull half a zone down on them, hunters who melee and tanks who cant hold aggro. *sigh* 50% of the time i end up in a group with 2 other dps where i end up tanking the whole thing bc the tank and healer bailed. i got used to it though and it was kinda fun having to 3 man it as long as the other dps where nice guys...

things are different on my shammy though. once she was high enough to get in to the high lvl SM stuff it became a nightmare. Tanks tanking in the wrong spec/fourm and dps who ran off and pulled whatever they felt like pulling. everyone is CONSTANTLY screaming at eachother. every other word is "lololo u r bad" "lolol no r u bad l2p" (exsampled toned down from all the cussing involved of course) unlike in the lvl 20 stuff where its ok to do some of these things while everyone is still learning to play a new toon, once you near the lvl 40s you need to fill your roll acording to your spec or you risk a wipe or getting kicked. yet with all the boa gear you can get now, you have so many ppl out there saying "i have gear i can do what i want" makes it so stressful to be a healer when the rogue and hunter run ahead of the tank and ninja pull everything before you even zone in T.T so now i have a macro that i use saying if you arnt a tank and you pull i wont heal you untill all the mobs are dead. if you continue to pull i will vote to kick >.>

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'm with Mozag on this one. I always nudge a petless hunter about getting one out, or ask them if they're intending to tame a beast from a particular instance, where appropriate. Sometimes the hunter simply hasn't noticed that they don't have a pet out. Other times....well....they appear to be a little slow. -_-

My favorite noobie hunter story is from DTK, where the little dwarf hunter wanted to tame one of the orange raptors leading up to King Dred. I told him that they weren't tamable and he wasn't really thrilled that we were killing them. He was a level too low to tame them, even if they were tamable. >_< Which is ultimately why he couldn't tame the actually tamable raptors before King Dred either. Oh, that was a fun run....thankfully, it was mostly a guild run, so it was no problem, but still, lol.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Kalliope wrote:My favorite noobie hunter story is from DTK, where the little dwarf hunter wanted to tame one of the orange raptors leading up to King Dred.
Heh, that reminds me of the time when I soloed through the first part of DTK so that I could tame one of the color changing raptors there. Of course, once I got up to King Dred I realized that I'd misread the location of said color changers, and I really should've just taken a stroll into Zul'Drak... /facepalm
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Anyia wrote:
Kalliope wrote:My favorite noobie hunter story is from DTK, where the little dwarf hunter wanted to tame one of the orange raptors leading up to King Dred.
Heh, that reminds me of the time when I soloed through the first part of DTK so that I could tame one of the color changing raptors there. Of course, once I got up to King Dred I realized that I'd misread the location of said color changers, and I really should've just taken a stroll into Zul'Drak... /facepalm
The killer was that I *told* him they couldn't be tamed and he tried anyway. Sure, I wasn't on my hunter, but c'mon...

Adding today's regular VP group to the list. Druid healer was rude, calling out the warrior on his (truly) terrible dps. He was running with his warlock lady friend, who was good dps, but was incapable of CC. Her fear wasn't glyphed and apparently banishing escaped her. I was on my pally tanking, so I just tanked away. The mage was fine, thankfully. We managed all right until the cat people groups. I wanted a fear on one of the adds, but only AFTER I pulled the adds up the steps. The warlock of course did so at the wrong time, pulling the final pack of cat people. This happened twice. The druid argued that I shouldn't call for a fear. I called his girlfriend out on being terrible and got her kicked from the group. He left and the mage left. The terrible warrior stayed. The replacement healer/dps were fine and the instance was finished without incident (well, one incident...I sorta got myself knocked off the edge on the last group. oops. first time tanking that instance, so I call noob mistake on myself there). The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth, though. Sigh.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Basically same shit different day for Vaekath- I guess it has to be because I'm going to be race and gender changing him soon [he looks like edward THIS IS NOT RIGHT]

Anyways. Get VH earlier today, all seems well, everything starts.. tank is afk!

Druid decides to pull the first mob anyways- and think started the event. Or afk tank did, I don't know, I'm more concerned on flipping to blood presence and scrambling to keep aggro onto me and my ghoul and I can tell the healer is having a hard time even though I'm death strike spamming, how do I know? Oh the fact the healer is actually having to heal spam me and even with that spam I dropped to 4k once!

This douchebaggary continues up until the first boss we get thrown at us, Lavanthor, and for the most part it was mostly me picking up adds, me picking them off dps, me making sure they were ragefaced at me enough to focus on me instead of the healer and squishy dps.

So everyone else with the luxury to type, mostly the mage and druid, and healer between portals snap a WTF at the tank. WTF are you doing you idiot, etc etc etc.

Evidently his response was he was either pissing about, or taking a piss.. I was kinda to busy keeping a squad of 4 dragons content on omnoming my face.

Luckily we kicked him, and a tank joined for Lavanthor. I praised the priest for his/her healing as it was really him/her who kept us from wiping, I was a sorry excuse for a meat shield. And understandably we were both relieved my squashy ass wasn't tanking anymore.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Taluwen wrote:Poor Azu. BC isnt so bad but good god, I've met some morons......

Should I mention the shaman healer that asked me if Elemental is the healing spec?
Eh, once Aquiyand hit Outland, I only queued him as a tank (rather than tank or DPS). This was to avoid getting a DK tank, right?
Well, I underestimated DKs, it seems. Just because a DK winds up in a group as a DPS doesn't mean that the DK won't try to tank...

At least I leveled out of that content fast. Now I'm to Northrend, and need a gear overhaul to keep on tanking. Bleh.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!