Crappy Groups

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Re: Crappy Groups

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Heroic Halls of Stone. I need gear in there, and badges, but that's beside the point. I'm in there to level Lillie (Gondria), since I was debating not keeping her by Ten's side (don't worry, Herc ensured I would XD). Anyway, there's a DK tank, in blues; a Shaman in blues, a Warlock in Blues and a DPS Pally in all ICC25 purples. I start to worry. Sometimes those in all epics are rotters, holier than thou attitude. Ten's in BM spec with Lillie out. I say hi, get a nice response from the DK who pats Lillie and says she's really pretty. Could be a good run I think...

Not even third trash pull - the paladin pipes up and starts ordering me to switch specs. Whispers me to spam Volley and MD to the tank, because clearly, he's of the superior mindset. Then in party goes and says:
"Hunter do you have an MM or Survival spec? BM is JUST for levelling/solo PvP, you idiot!"

I try ignoring him. The DK goes "It's a heroic, not a raid, chillax dude, look at my gear and tell me how to tank plz". But he keeps going. He calls me a an effing C for being BM, for having an exotic pet, that he's seen better huntards in greens...Now, the one way to get me really angry is to call me a "huntard". Don't appreciate that shit thanks. When it's from people I know, I smile sweetly then MD their asses and most of my crowd knows I'm a wee bit touchy about it. With unknown people in a 5-man however, that's a different story.

I had a twelve hour day yesterday, starting from 7am to 7pm, mainly as a damned door greeter. I was epicly exhausted. I dealt with a whole slew of retardedry there that I didn't want to deal with on WoW. I ask the paladin does he have a hunter, and he tells me "don't change the subject, moron!" and keeps going with his abuse. So I whisper apologies to the Shaman Healer, the DK Tank and the Warlock...MD'ed the jackass paladin and pulled the whole damned room and left group. I'm really starting to think that the players I'm encountering from the Cairne Server are utter fuckwits X(

Oh and to cap off my night, an ICC25 geared tank with everyone else including heals in blues. Heroic Halls of Lightning.
Keeps running off then screaming at the healer to "keep him the fuck up". Anyway, long story short, he pulls three sets of trash AND the General. Of course, healer goes down first, then me, then the mage and then the warlock. Tank chucks hissy fit. Healer doesn't even rez and has a second to drink before the tank lays into him, screaming for healing. Of course, poor shammy goes OOM. Tank dies. Tank bitches to high hells. Poor shammy doesn't know what to do, he's whispering me and the mage and begging for an excuse to just leave. I feel for him. I'm newbie again on Ten, that sort of abuse just never fucking helps ANYTHING.

I should have kept my mouth shut, but after the HoS run, noooo, asking me to shut up was a bad idea. I lay into him.
I ask the tank what sort of heroic did he expect to be dropped into, and if he had an actual coherent brain cell in his damned head, he'd run an inspect on everyone else, but no! Simple assumation that everyone is geared out the wazoo. The poor shammy is first-time healing any heroic whatsoever! The warlock, the mage and myself are out to learn strats and have fun..not be dragged around by a halfwit fucktard whose only excuse is to lay fault at the healer for TRYING to keep up with his asshole demands and who doesn't wait for 4 mana users to GET mana up. I told him if he wanted to get in a geared heroic, to get the fuck out of this one and stop laying shit on the healer for being a newbie. I told him I knew tanks like him and half the time the healers DON'T heal them in ICC25. I told him his attitude is probably why his guild's healers hate the fuck out of him and let him die on more than one occasion.

Stunningly enough, holy shit, I got through to him! He slowed down completely, let us get mana, and was totally silent the rest of the run. It was beautiful. Had a couple blue BoE's drop that we gave to the shammy. Made a few new friends from that run and beat some sense into that warrior with his own shield - I bet he wasn't expecting that to happen...

But of all the runs I've had, these two are thus far the worst and the best thus far.
I hope today runs smoother, Ten could use some gear >_>;

Magyck
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Magyck »

I had an interesting group yesterday on my baby healer. And another one on my even younger baby healer (started it to do a couple dungeons with a guildie).

First, baby healer group. We enter scarlet monastery, and I notice that the tank has 800hp. I puzzle over that for a minute until I notice the debuff; he had rez sickness. I assume he'll have some sense and wait a couple of minutes until the rez sickness is gone before pulling. No, he immediately pulls a full room and by some miracle I keep him and everyone else alive. I sit down to drink, tell the tank to stop pulling until his rez sickness wears off. And.... he goes and pulls the next room before I even have 25% mana back. I get a couple of whispers from other people in the group telling me to let him die, which is exactly what I did. I rez him, and he drops group. He had never said a word during the whole time. Very strange.

Next group on younger baby healer, going through ragefire chasm. The tank dinged after a few pulls and asked if he could go train taunt, which we all agreed, so he hearths out. At this point we're on the bridge just before you get to the trogg area. The hunter starts inching to the side until he's barely still on the bridge. I was wondering what on earth he was doing, and was about to ask as much, when he fired an arrow at one of the troggs on the level below and dropped group. I told everyone to run to the exit, but they didn't see the hunter shoot and were slow to respond - I made it out, but the other two were steamrolled by every trogg in the zone. Ugh.
Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Magyck wrote:Next group on younger baby healer, going through ragefire chasm. The tank dinged after a few pulls and asked if he could go train taunt, which we all agreed, so he hearths out. At this point we're on the bridge just before you get to the trogg area. The hunter starts inching to the side until he's barely still on the bridge. I was wondering what on earth he was doing, and was about to ask as much, when he fired an arrow at one of the troggs on the level below and dropped group. I told everyone to run to the exit, but they didn't see the hunter shoot and were slow to respond - I made it out, but the other two were steamrolled by every trogg in the zone. Ugh.
Wow. I can't even... wow. Why would someone do that??? I don't get it! Just wow. :shock:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Wow. I can't even... wow. Why would someone do that??? I don't get it! Just wow.
I shall sum it up in a simple way

Retard vision:

ROFL this'll be awesome! They won't know what the hell happened! -shoots random mob and pulls whole/half of room- -Insert dropping group
(Insert your own chatspeak into it, I'm too tired to do so.)

Group vision:

OMFG why the hell did he just do that, the fucktard!

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Had a crappy rogue the other day, kept pushing the tank to pull more and more/go faster and faster, and on Anetta to much of a strain can hurt since I don't have a HoT and my healing totem can only do so much atm. She also caused 3 deaths, none of which her own unfortunately.

The closest she did come was she hurtled into the murlocs, pulled 3 and we flat out ignored her as the murloc boss dropped nothing we all wanted/needed and honestly by the time we got to there we all just wanted the damn dungeon done and over with. So I just flat out refused to heal her as it wasn't worth ripping all that aggro onto me.

And note we had already been going past/were going past the murlocs and a bit away from them when she pulled this stunt.

Then ontop of this she- which probably was really a he, told a dps to suck him off when he complained about the rogue ninja'ing a staff the warlock really needed.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

A few days ago I was that hunter that EVERYONE hated, I admit. Here I am, on my little BE, Terania. Queue up into an instance, check my food, check my arrows, get upgrades and spells where possible (I had just dinged 30.) when RD grabs me. Okay, SM Graveyard. Doable. In we go, and starts the Chamber of Atonement.

Turns out I forgot growl, and didn't realize half way through. We pull a pack, a runner pulls a second pack when the tank went after it, then my dragonhawk pulled a pack when chasing a runner. Shaman accidentally pulls the boss.

So here we are, our group is crashing, I'm weakly DPSing in the chaos, my dragonhawk besides me out of embarrassment. Just the boss, a mob, a mage, and I. Freeze boss, kill mob. Mage dies. Dragonhawk picks up boss....And he dies. We're the last ones standing, looking like complete idiots. Or heroes.

So yeah, had a flying pet no one likes, forgot growl, and accidentally pulled guys.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Eh, pets chasing runners don't pull packs; the runners themselves pull packs.

Sounds like the majority of that almost-total wipe wasn't your fault. >_>

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kalliope wrote:Sounds like the majority of that almost-total wipe wasn't your fault. >_>
^this

the only thing that could have been done was to dps down the mobs before they reach more, or, someone slowing them. It's why I've taken to throwing Earthbind and Stoneclaw totems down half the time on my shammy, even when tanks bitch and it's like, ffs I have 4 mobs on me or 1 on me 2 on dps and I'm trying to heal you while you're tanking 3 others and ignoring us, stfu and do your job.

Besides, atleast your pet didn't do one thing; Skidded to the groups with no reason. I had a pet skid in an instance the other day, almost pulled another pack.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

DOUBLE POST :O

so I decided to respecc Sendeni on Bloodhoof to holy. With the boa armor for caster it shouldn't matter either way tbh right. Right. So get armor get another piece of caster gear get specc change queue for dungeon.

Get BFD.

First attempt; bitchy, whiny good for nothing tank screeching at one of us to leave so he can invite a lv 80 for a boost. We ignore him and finally kick him.

Second attempt: Scrub Bear who leaves after one wipe. Why? Because evidently EFFORT is to hard for people.

Third attempt: Another wipe, causing the third tank to leave. Why? Asshole shammy who I thought was somewhat alright, not alright alright but bearable for a run, turned into a major fucking ass for the boss beforte Aku'mai, pulled entire room evidently AND touched all 4 fires. Then started mocking me for a spelling error.

Lovely.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ryai wrote:DOUBLE POST :O

so I decided to respecc Sendeni on Bloodhoof to holy. With the boa armor for caster it shouldn't matter either way tbh right. Right. So get armor get another piece of caster gear get specc change queue for dungeon.

Get BFD.

First attempt; bitchy, whiny good for nothing tank screeching at one of us to leave so he can invite a lv 80 for a boost. We ignore him and finally kick him.

Second attempt: Scrub Bear who leaves after one wipe. Why? Because evidently EFFORT is to hard for people.

Third attempt: Another wipe, causing the third tank to leave. Why? Asshole shammy who I thought was somewhat alright, not alright alright but bearable for a run, turned into a major fucking ass for the boss beforte Aku'mai, pulled entire room evidently AND touched all 4 fires. Then started mocking me for a spelling error.

Lovely.
In that case it was obviously all your fault.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sarayana

Saturo wrote:
Ryai wrote:DOUBLE POST :O

Get BFD.

Lovely.
In that case it was obviously all your fault.
ˆ

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Is it just me or is every group crappy when you're a BM hunter. I am so freaking tired of getting kicked from randoms for my spec and pet choice, that I don't even do them anymore. As soon as people see you without a wolf, you get kicked. I, for one, am tired of it. Things better get better with Cat, or I'm going to find another game to play. The aggrivation outweighs the fun at this point.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I've actually never encountered any grief for being BM in randoms. I don't recall anything being mentioned to me for having a Devilsaur/Spirit Beast/Tallstrider/etc. I bring whatever pet I feel like to random heroics, and I've never even owned a wolf. I even pugged ICC 10 with Skorn and had people loving him.

I suppose it must vary with servers/battlegroups. I've had the rare experience of someone walking up and whispering something like "Lol BM n00b", but that hardly ever happens.
Sarayana

FuzzyDolly wrote:Is it just me or is every group crappy when you're a BM hunter. I am so freaking tired of getting kicked from randoms for my spec and pet choice, that I don't even do them anymore. As soon as people see you without a wolf, you get kicked. I, for one, am tired of it. Things better get better with Cat, or I'm going to find another game to play. The aggrivation outweighs the fun at this point.
You know, it's never happened to me. I have had a handful of compliments on my spirit beasts and that's about it. I think perhaps it's because people in my battle group (Stormstrike) tend to give people a chance to prove themselves (I've seen it happen a lot when people zone in and say stuff like "I'm new to tanking/healing" or "this is my first time in here" or whatever) - I've gotten pretty good at proving myself as BM, so I never get any flak.

I know that's totally not helpful, but you know, perhaps it's a battle group issue? Which one are you on? Also, is this at lower levels or heroics? My experience is that (summer holiday kids aside, screw them little b@stards and their foul mouths and epeen stroking! :evil: ) people are generally very accepting of a low dps (or someone they expect to be low) if everyone's overgearing the instance, which tends to be the rule in heroics now.

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

Ive never had anyone complain to me in heroics about being bm spec but i pull my weight and top the dps chats unless someone is in full ICC gear then i am right underthem. unless i forget i have aspect of the viper on -_- lol i forget to turn it off at times. I get complaiments on my Duilwen (KK) and my spirit beast. Ive done toc25 in bm with duilwen and nothing was said but again we were pulling our weight and doing like 5th, 6th in dps. I think like most said could depend on server or battlegroup. i havent had a problem yet. thank goodness. I got ol Ironjaw and now last night i swear im seeing everyone with him :|

But on lame groups i was running a instance yesterday and i was in draktharon keep and OMG fail i keep pulling aggro off tank, or Duilwen did and i had growl OFF o.O and then heal was spamming flash heal ( holy priest) and i was like errr that aint gonna do beans for us when at points we were taking alot of damage cause of aggro, posion, aoe etc. we wipped one to many for that place even on heroic. my gold repair was more then what we made or close to it.
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

No one EVER complained to Kalliope when I rolled as BM, and my battlegroup is known for harboring jerks. Maybe our jerks are smarter than I've given them credit for, since I've never heard of a hunter getting kicked from a group based on their spec.

Course, when you roll in the gear I do, no one's going to say anything to you about your spec/dps. >_>

Also, I know that there are many jerks alliance-side, but it tends to be the horde who get mouthy about spec, at least in my experience.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Magyck
Realm: Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Magyck »

I had to resurrect this thread due to the HORRENDOUS groups I've had last night and today (do all the morons come out on the weekend or something?)

The worst I had was in Dire Maul. Joined the group as my healer priest, buffed everyone up, and we pulled the first pack. A couple of runners get loose and pull another couple of groups, but we've got two druids and a mage so I figure with the AoE we should be able to do it. The mobs end up taking a lot longer that I would expect to get down, and I'm OOM at the end. The mage has full mana. Turns out that as soon as she joined the group she buffed us, went afk, and put me on follow. We wait a couple of minutes for her to come back, then tell her to give us some warning before she goes afk next time.

We carry on, fairly comfortable pace. The tank pulls a couple of ogres, and suddenly there's 30 more mobs on us. Turns out one of the DPS had stepped over the edge, aggroed everything down there, then alt + F4 and left us to die to the huge train of mobs. We all released, ran back, and vote kicked the offline dps.

Here's where it got fun.

The mage proceeded to go afk every single time we pulled. She would come back to loot, then go afk and put me on follow. We ended up wiping to a similar situation as above with runners getting away, then she came back from AFK to bitch at us for being a fail group for wiping and demanding I rez her as soon as I run back. Yeah. No one was able to kick her, because we'd already used up the votekick. She absolutely refused to drop group so that we could get anyone else, and was basically forcing one of us to get the deserter debuff.

I wrote a ticket on her for griefing and dropped group, leaving her dead. What the hell is with some people, that they have to get their kicks by upsetting other people who are just trying to relax on a Saturday? ARGH.
Sarayana

I actually just opened a ticket about something similar, Magyck... I had a healer zone into heroic HoS, not say a word, and start making bolts of frostweave. We found out when we almost wiped on that first trash pull... For a good 15 minutes he was doing that. Being "afk" at the front, leveling his tailoring. I tried to start a vote kick but couldn't cause apparently I'm one of those people that have used it too much and have a 30 minute wait. (I think I've used it 5 times or so, every single one justified, like this one.) Needless to say, I was pissed. >:(

Why on earth would someone do something like that? What did he think, that we wouldn't notice our healer wasn't healing???

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

I'll admit.

I've left Afkers to die- when I notice they're attached to me and they never said Oh shit I need to brb for 5 mins, healer can you watch me? I've got you on follow. Mean the ones that do that usually come back in 5 mins- and never really afk again and do their jobs.

The ones that don't? Well when I notice I just get them stuck and ignore them, I've actually left some to die. And when they come back whining for rezzes, I either ignore them or snap a I don't heal afkers.

Tho on the other hand I've actually been insulted for having a real life 'emergency' of sorts, when my dad without telling me BEFORE I started queuing up on my pally tank that he was moving the fridge and that's not a one person job. Instead of dropping group, a shammy dpser kept giving me flack while I was afk, as the 5 mins turned into 15 and evidently he didn't want deserter debuff and didn't drop group. So I snapped at him, called him an ass and left when I got there as I didn't want to ruin Aria's daily run.

It's also when I learned you can actually use intervine irl <_>
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I had a sort of crappy group today. I've started running Taigi through one random a day for the badges, now that she's hit 70. The group today was pretty fail...me the hunter, plus two pallies (one healer, one tank), a DK, and a mage.

The DK and mage were pretty good, they knew what they were doing. At first I though the pally healer was pretty bad--she was burning through mana and nearly running out on basic TRASH in regular UK. Our tank kept mobs off us for the most part and kept aggro pretty well, but mob piles and bosses hit her like a mac truck. The healer complained about it once or twice, and tank apologized, saying she was 'still new to tanking as a paladin.' Which is sort-of fine, I guess; you don't learn without doing, and in a situation like tanking it's kinda hard to practice, so mistakes will happen.

But when I hovered over the tank real quick it said she had 12,000HP. I don't know anything about tanking, but I assume this is a pretty fail number for even a level 71 tank, 'cause two cleaves from the main boss would wipe her right out. That's when I realized the healer was doing a DAMN fine job keeping her alive, especially as a pally healer, which I know isn't an easy class to heal with.

After the first wipe on the last boss, I Inspected our tank. She was wearing mostly ret/healing gear. Also, she didn't know anything about a few of the fights, we had to explain it to her. Shouldn't the tank brush up on that sort of thing, seeing as it's usually their job to direct the bosses where they're supposed to go?

In the end almost the entire group was lecturing the tank on what to do for gear. I felt a little sorry for her if she's new to it, but at the same time, geez, get some defense gear!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons