Crappy Groups

Falconer
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Garrosh

Crappy Groups

Unread post by Falconer »

So I don't have a normal group that I raid with, I just use random dungeon finder. I have always had pretty good luck with groups, but in the last few days I have had a rash of idiots and tards by my side. Tanks who run off and don't wait for the healer then leave the group when they die, or just now we went through two tanks in one run that pulled a bunch of mobs then left. Or people killing and running with out looting anything. Or calling me a ninja cause I skinned the kills when no one else was skinning. Or not communicating at all........Grrr...... :evil:

Saturo

Re: Crappy Groups

Unread post by Saturo »

All this happened to me in one run. We votekicked almost every new member the random finder got for us. In the end we were stuck with a retadin wielding a two hander as tank, a Druid healer that refused to switch out of cat form, a rogue that needed on everything, a nice Mage and me.

Me and he Mage cleared it, using careful pulls and a lot of Mend Pet. We let the other guys die. They deserved it.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Grr....rage face insert.
Yes been having these, the tanks have been my main bitch point because they seem like they are on fire and need to do things in 5 seconds! I'm grateful that a tank actualy asked us once was the pace too fast.
We died because I mistaked the Death and Decay of the enemy mob for our Unholy Death Knights own, tank left with the bitch out because I died, saying I was noob healer.

Aaand the dungeon tool bugged and wouldn't teleport me to the dungeon me being forced to fly to the dungeon. Tank and the rest didn't notice that I wasn't there and started the dungeon...blaming me for NOT clicking on the clock that teleports...when it doesn't WORK..

...whats with people not accepting deaths these days anyway.

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Sonata wrote:Aaand the dungeon tool bugged and wouldn't teleport me to the dungeon me being forced to fly to the dungeon. Tank and the rest didn't notice that I wasn't there and started the dungeon...blaming me for NOT clicking on the clock that teleports...when it doesn't WORK..
Actually if you give it some time and just give a shout in party chat that it's buggered for a bit, it'll work. It usually takes a little bit but I've found that you don't always have to go hurtling off for the dungeon...

But by no fault was it yours that they did NOT wait.

I always wait for the healer when I tank on Caim :D

cause I am only imba with my little tree friend. [well usually are resto druids on my runs. Or priests. Forsaken priests usually too lol].

Worst group I had for LFG was yesterday. Ariamodasu and I get SFK done, then we head to do the daily dungeon. 4 seconds into queue blamo we had healer and 2 moar dps. We go in, 3rd time in a row it's Halls of Stone.

Ok, so this would be an easy 6 emblem run. I think goody; and already it starts to go downhill. Mage is pushy, and forcing me to pull more than I want to at first. I get oom halfway thru the trash to the first boss, sit down to drink as ofc we all know paladins make threat from mana.

When you have no mana, you have no threat. Barely get 2k back when LO I SHALL PULL NEXT TRASH.

I AUUURGGGEllsdaadfsadf and facesmash so hard to get threat up cause the mage overgears me that much.

He does it again and again and again and as I'm doing a readycheck of my spells, mana and buffs. HE PULLS THE BOSS.

But that gets over and done with; we go out, I want to do the maiden next. EMBLEMZ.

Then the mage and priest start yacking that 'omg we farm heroics you get moar emblems doing speed runs we don't give a flying damn you only do random dungeon once a day usually we want our speed run you damn tank get in there and be our flesh shield now!' basically.

Now.

I have had abuse, and I have had bad groups, but this was pushing it. So I stand back waiting for them to realize they can't advance without me, I want my emblem, and I try to explain again, while losing my temper, that I only do the daily once per day/only really have time as now that I've gotten well geared up for the most part, I don't have to do 2/5 dungeons a day for gear, emblems or anything else.

They basically do 'careface' responses and start pulling trash.

I let the mage die and the healer nearly die cause tbh it was their fault for going and pulling when I was BEHIND them.

So I still get more slack and I idle and the vote kicking fails so then they are like lol then leave.

So I did.

Aria told me the group basically dissolved at that point as no other tank came.

So as on apology for Aria, I got her into my random HoL run after a DK leaves without warning, and then queue with her again for random as evidently my thinking was skewed and she didn't get frost emblems like I did [thought it would count for her but eh].

And the worst pugs period tho? SFK event bosses.

Aria, Tailcoy and I use a simple system for taking down the bosses. It usually results in an easy, laidback for the most part, event. I OT Baxter. Tank and everyone else focuses on Hummel and Fyre is optional. Thanks to the colonge I am basically immune to damage except when Fyre crackghouls to me high on his meth and throws these poisonous presents at me.

You have no idea how much fail we have encountered. From people not using perfumes. From people not understanding we do it the easy way [aka seperate tanking] or getting called noobs when a tank was dumb enough to stand in puddles of poison try to tank both and dies because of it.

Leaving me to scramble for aggro and kite everything around like a bouncing loldin I am.

He tried to act macho and called us noobs and left.

I chewed him out saying we have had BETTER tanks than HIM [and myself] who NEVER complained about the strat we used as to be honest it is easy and allows us to squeak away with no healer.

Since tbh any melee dps could do this, with a big enough health pool AND a healer. Cause seriously, after they changed the AoE damage to pets? my pally was SAVED by a Devilsaur of a nice hunter we know, when both mobs were putting to much hurt on me [the tank for that run, you guessed it, left too.] And all I had to do was heal/shield the pet and it held up pretty well.

edit: by no healer I mean no one in the group specced for healing. Aria heals us and she's a boomkin.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Argh, I was practically slamming my face against the keyboard last night while running randoms on my Paladin.

I'm gearing him up for tanking, but it's really a pain to tank before level 20 with a lack of any sort of AoE taunt ability. So from 17-20 I was just queuing up as DPS, and god I was put into some of the most terrible groups!!!

Now, I understand at those levels a lot of people are still getting the hang of things and may not have much experience, but some of these people just lacked effing common sense!

In one group the tank would aggro a group of mobs, then for some inexplicable reason start backing up, dragging them with him. The ranged dps were tearing out their hair because as they're trying to cast spells, the mob would go out of line of sight, and the tank just kept backing up into more groups!

Then I ran Deadmines where the tank was using Intimidating Shout any time he aggroed too many things!! All the mobs ran away to grab like half the dungeon and bring them back to us. I even mentioned this, thinking it was maybe a mistake, but he kept doing it! It was ridiculous in those close quarters. Also, when we were going up to the ship he used a bow to shoot that Goblin boss and aggro him......only the Goblin was on the top deck, and we were down below, so it ran down all the ramps and brought every single pirate with it. We wiped.

Then, towards the end of the night, when I only had half a level remaining until I dinged 20, I got into an SFK run. I'm excited because I know that this instance will level me, only I zone in to find....they're practically finished and already at Arugal. A little irked, I start running through the entire instance to meet up with them. From what I see in party chat they're trying to down him but the healer seems to be AFK. They wipe. When I finally get into Arugal's room the mage is asking for a rez, but I can't find her body anywhere. I keep asking where she is and she was like "I'm right there, in the room." *facepalm* Eventually she just runs back.

Anyways, they bitch out the healer for a while since he went AFK without telling them, and then we're ready to start again. The tank was being all haughty and snobbish in party chat, but when he goes to pull Arugal he can't hold aggro.....at all. I'm barely even hitting him and I get full aggro, so I end up tanking him but dying because no one else was doing anything. They manage to burn him down, and as soon as I was rezzed I left, pissed that I had wasted so much time on an instance that didn't even give me XP.

Thankfully the final run of the night was much better, but at this point it's so late and I really had to go to bed so when I dinged to 20 I apologized and left group, learned my mount, and logged.

*deep sigh* So, suffice to say I'm looking forward to tanking tonight and being able to do it properly. ><
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Oh my... nasty nasty runs. I must say, all in all I've been lucky. I've only had one (knock on wood) "prank," where the tank zoned in in a level 40 robe and proceeded to pull in nelf form! He then yelled for heals... /facepalm. I saved the day by switching growl on (/flex) then feigned when he ran for more. Needless to say, that group fell apart.

Actually, my low level runs have been much worse. I think people think that because they have a level 80 of another class, they're pro... Most recently, a RFC run where a lock and a rogue bullied a tank out of the run. :( Flip side of that is that I've had runs where everyone is just giving each other good advice on their class cause they have an 80 of that class and know the pitfalls. I love those runs! :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aye, the annoying runs end at about 40, when people start learning their class.

I've had to tell people not to sign for every role just because it's faster, and been called noob by a retadin signing as healer and then insisting on DPSing. /sigh!

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh yes, I almost forgot about my RFC run with the biggest huntard I've ever encountered. -_- He was meleeing mobs....his pet was on aggressive, and he was needing on everything. So he was a ninja on top of it all.

There was also a gem of a hunter in SFK that I forgot about...his pet was going dashing off into mobs before the tank even pulled, so I asked him if it was on aggressive. He said "No, I just know what I'm doing." >_> So yeah, he was pulling mobs before the tank almost the whole run. One time he nearly died because of it.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Vephriel wrote:Oh yes, I almost forgot about my RFC run with the biggest huntard I've ever encountered. -_- He was meleeing mobs....his pet was on aggressive, and he was needing on everything. So he was a ninja on top of it all.

There was also a gem of a hunter in SFK that I forgot about...his pet was going dashing off into mobs before the tank even pulled, so I asked him if it was on aggressive. He said "No, I just know what I'm doing." >_> So yeah, he was pulling mobs before the tank almost the whole run. One time he nearly died because of it.
Sounds like a Huntard I had in an SFK run on Rashika when she was still in her 20s, was having to tank lol, anyways asked Aria to come as all we needed was a healer and I've seen hybrid healer/dps classes heal in lowbie dungeons so was worth a try.

Anyways the hunter was a bit of a moron at first; then he started to like use distracting shot on mobs I was tanking. He would zerg ahead of me and pull crap. He pulled to much after I and the rest of the group said no don't do that. So I let him die thinking that'd teach him his lesson. Nooo. Up untill Arugal he keeps pulling that same crap and his pet has growl on which makes tanking hard so I stop trying to save the pet and just let the poor thing flounder as well, he should have learned.

He then pulls Arugal and then there's worgen everywhere and just oh my god.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Vephriel wrote:Oh yes, I almost forgot about my RFC run with the biggest huntard I've ever encountered. -_- He was meleeing mobs....
That reminds me! I pulled a major huntard moment and ran out of ammo in the middle of SFK (well, I had been out questing a lot that day, so that's an excuse... right? Right? /pleady eyes), so I told the group I'd port out and buy some, then run to catch up with them. The mage thanked me. What? Yes, thank you, the last hunter I encountered that ran out of ammo just melee'd the rest of the way to the boss. /facepalm. And we wonder why people call us huntards. (well not me, I know why... >.>)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Hrm, I know what you mean. During my weekend run-through-every-single-dungeon extravaganza, the tank deserted us on the first pull. Not once, but twice. I'm not exactly sure how it happened (I've been told you can't leave while in combat?) But all I know is that in HoL and HoS, two different tanks plowed into the nearest group of mobs, collected them all, then everything went to hell and when we manage to recover...the tank is gone. lolwut?

In fact we wiped in HoL because our tank pulled the first BOSS on top of everything else, ran him towards us, and then disappeared from the group. Whaaaaat?

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

VelkynKarma wrote:Hrm, I know what you mean. During my weekend run-through-every-single-dungeon extravaganza, the tank deserted us on the first pull. Not once, but twice. I'm not exactly sure how it happened (I've been told you can't leave while in combat?) But all I know is that in HoL and HoS, two different tanks plowed into the nearest group of mobs, collected them all, then everything went to hell and when we manage to recover...the tank is gone. lolwut?

In fact we wiped in HoL because our tank pulled the first BOSS on top of everything else, ran him towards us, and then disappeared from the group. Whaaaaat?

~VelkynKarma

Leave Party -> Exit Dungeon. Probably what those lovely people did in your runs.

Speaking of tanks, my mage had the lovely chance to run into a group where a DK didn't wait for healers, couldn't understand the meaning of LoS pulling, didn't wait for the healer to refill mana three times and didn't give a damn when I died trying to keep mobs off healer and went to grab more mobs after I asked 'can the squished mage get a rez plz'

:|

Then next run it wasn't a bad tank BUT A BAD MAGE! All he did was cast a few instant spells, flameshock or whatever it is we have that's instant fire, I forget I've rarely used it since hitting 60 8D and cone of cold... seriously he rarely used anything else, barely summoned his water elemental and when I barked at him to pick it up and help AoE the adds on the last boss for Mana tombs, all he did was dps badly on the boss :|

The rest of the time he just stood around. Doing nothing. Staring at the mobs the tank was tanking and or dying because he seemed to think you have to cast 2 feet from the mobs.
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

well once i did a raid in halls of lightning and it took us like 3 hrs to finish because we kept on wipeing like about 10 times possibly more we went thourgh 3 tanks lots of dps and 2 healers and ugh i will never foreget that raid
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

@Ryai: I *hate* when people pull packs I'm not ready for. -_- Drove me batty on my druid, but less so on my pally, now that she's decked out a bit. As one pally tank to another, here's a tip: get the divine plea glyph and start getting into a rotation on trash packs where it'll never fall off. Between that and getting mana from getting healed, you should never oom! Unless of course people are being morons and pulling crap all over the place, which messes up the rotation...

Very poor form on the part of the mage/priest to not roll with you on that. If they're that geared, they can help the group blaze through the optional bosses. I tend to ask at the beginning of runs if everyone's okay with a shorter run (they usually are) and try to help out the people who need more badges. Ie. I'll pull Maiden, but not the rock guy, since his trash takes a bit and he tends to do the annoying stoning skill at the end of the fight, so everyone's stuck in place for a good 30 seconds...

We tend to roll the V-Day bosses with no healer too. Ugh at pugs.

@Veph: omg, lowbie nightmares. >_< Classes with fears generally learn pretty quickly that FEARING IN INSTANCES IS A VERY VERY VERY BAD IDEA. -_- Looking forward to running with ya later on, at least! ^_^

I think my favorite pug ever was back in BC. I needed Heroic Shattered Halls for something or other, so I got into a group with a tank in like....dps blues and greens and no shield. He charged in without warning on the first pull and got one shot. The group fell apart, needless to say, but it was quite hilarious.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

The stone boss was only annoying when the dps was to much. We were stuck there for 30 seconds lol.

And another crappy pug.

So I get into sfk on a lowbie warlock terrokar side. We all start zooming forth, we get to the second boss. The 1h melee sword drops from the butcher. Tank needs and the ret needs Idk why he had the BoA reaver.

The HUNTER needs.

Tank ofc loses roll, tank begs for the sword, doesn't get it. And looking at what he's currently using, a +7 agil sword, yeah he needs the strength/stam. Hunter denies, tries to cause lulz. The others deny. They try to treat him like a meat shield. Tell him to basically move on or leave.

So he leaves.

So I left too.

So far I've not seen much of a good side from hordies on Steamwheedle Cartel :|
Sharilar
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Sharilar »

Saturo wrote:Aye, the annoying runs end at about 40, when people start learning their class.

I've had to tell people not to sign for every role just because it's faster, and been called noob by a retadin signing as healer and then insisting on DPSing. /sigh!
That's what it seemed like to me... until I hit BC. The Death knights.. oh god the death knights... >..< *facedesks*

It wouldn't have been so bad except the character I'm leveling right now is a dual spec resto/boom druid, and 99% of the time it throws me in as heals. (At least it's an instant queue!) And when I'm playing heals I have a compunction to try and keep everyone up if I can help it, even the idiots(unless it gets to the point I have to hold heals to make a point).

Besides the stereotypical "I'ma DG everything :DDDD" DK, I had one lovely tank that had NONE of the 5/5/5 first tier tanking talents. When I asked why he didn't spec into them? "I'm unholy." The only upside was he at least did know the basics of tanking, even if he was relatively super-squishy(which was what prompted me to inspect him to find out why). I can't say that of a couple other DK tanks I've had to deal with.

At least I can say I haven't seen any real huntards since the 30-40 range, just (mostly) quiet, competant hunters.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ryai wrote:The stone boss was only annoying when the dps was to much. We were stuck there for 30 seconds lol.
When your toons/friends' toons are geared, this happens almost every time. >_< Well, unless dps is such that he dies first, but that doesn't always happen. D:

Thanks for the reminder on how idiotic DKs can be; Nas is going to hit Outland levels in the near future....well, provided that I can survive the PURE AND UTTER IDIOCY of BRD groups. At least that frost mage with his terrible Chuck Norris macros for his frost skills was hilarious...

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Ugh...don't even get me started. I usually end up in decent groups, but lately I seem to be getting in groups with the pooheaded tanks. One pulled an extra group, asked who pulled it, the healer said, "Um...you did when you pulled that one group," so the tank says, "Don't blame your mistakes on me!" and then left. O.o This is after he was getting all impatient because our healer had to switch to healing spec (assuming he queued as both tank and healer, and found out he had to change for this group) and buff everyone. SORRY. In the 50's range I was in some bad bad bad BRD groups. One was with two mages that didn't even try to give the tank a second or two to get some aggro, they just went in trying to blow everything up, died more times than I could count in the process. One of them needed a tank ring. It wasn't like a kinda-tank ring, the thing had DEFENSE AND STAMINA. He's like, "I need stamina". >.> /headdesk

But yeah, it's like all the morons can be morons because you have no way to ignore or avoid them. Argh. It's even worse when you're dps because you gotta wait like half an hour to get into a group to begin with. I generally try to stick with it no matter how bad it is because I don't want to wait another half hour or more to get into another group. But sometimes, I just have to leave.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Not really the same kind of group, but I was trying to capture Halaa on Stereo. Seeing as Bloodhoof is 2:1 Alliance:Horde, I get some guys together, a lvl 68 Hunter and a lvl 64 Rogue. When the guards are almost dead, the Rogue disconnects.

Anyhow, we kill the guards and camp out on the flag. Guess what shows up! A lvl 80 pally, who proceeds to kill us and camp our corpses. After the guards respawn the pally disappears, and the Rogue comes back on.

His greeting?
"I PWNED U SONS OF BITCHES!"

I am seriously hating world PvP right now...

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo: Do what I do if you ever see him again. Ask him, is his male member really so small and pathetic that the only way he feels good about himself is by tricking others? Is he really such a pathetic person irl or on a game that the only way he ever kills anyone is if they are 20 levels below him?

:| I had to deal with a guy who was acting as bloiting bait for other horde for an ally. He was farming fire elementals- his friend was stealthed. We all horde thought he was alone and no ally were there. Go to do the WG weekly...

OH GOD FERAL DRUID FROM BEHIND.