Not "clicking" with a character?

Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Not "clicking" with a character?

Unread post by Miraga »

So I can totally understand not clicking with a pet. You don't like the way it looks, it's idling animations or whatever but have you ever made a CHARACTER that you just couldn't get into? I don't mean a specific class necessarily. I made a worgen hunter named Braith and I had some fun being a worgen. When I got to about level 20 I started to lose interest. I really started to notice her sniffing and none of the pets I could find/tame looked RIGHT beside her. I would do some 5 mans and I would be 1 of 4 worgen in the group. I guess I can't really explain it but I just don't like playing this character! I got so fed up that I made a night elf hunter named Amaranthe. She looks EXACTLY like my druid did pre-BC and I feel so much better. So anyway, has anyone else experienced this? I'm just glad I caught it at a low level and starting over isn't a big deal...
Minifig
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draka

Re: Not "clicking" with a character?

Unread post by Minifig »

Usually if I'm not happy with a character feels post level 15, I'll chuck all the money to JPWorgen (my bank alt), and delete them, then reroll.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

I've deleted and re-rolled a Nelf druid because I didn't like her lips...so yeah, I know where you're coming from. :)

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

It happens. We've all been there. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Oooh definitely. While part of it is sometimes class type for me, other times it is entirely the specific character.

For example I tried to roll a mage probably half a dozen times before. I tried trolls a lot, a draenei, even a gnome. I could never, ever seem to get into the mages I rolled; although I loved trolls, for example, they just weren't clicking with me as mages.

Then I rolled an undead mage, who is now in Northrend leveling like crazy. Hadyn the Undead Mage just CLICKED with me. It felt right on all levels: the race seemed to really suit the class, the character himself started generating his OWN backstory just by being played, and everything just worked perfectly. Success!

I've done the same with a number of other race/class combos; sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right match.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kamalia
Realm: Kael'Thas, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kamalia »

Oh, yes. In the case of classes, I've tried out rogues a few times. I figured I would enjoy it, seeing how I love druid kitty form, but I never got a rogue past level 15. I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into them.

Now, as for races, I thought for the longest time that playable Worgens were the best thing to ever come to WoW. I dreamed about rolling one from the day those masks were found, heh heh. But then on the day of Cataclysm, I decided to roll my Goblin first, figuring that the Worgen area would be flooded with players. Que myself falling utterly in love with the Goblins.
The Worgen are still neat, but my little Goblin mage has been ridiculously fun to play. Plus I like the Kezan/Lost Isles quests much more than the Gilneas ones. Whenever I go on my Worgen I find myself wanting to go back on that little green moneygrubber of mine. :lol:
I am considering rolling a male worgen instead to see if I like them better than the females, though.
Last edited by Kamalia on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chibi-Jen signature done by Sat, all other sigs and avatar done by me.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Yup! My lock is a perfect example.

Ravynira was rolled as a mage, caster heirlooms selected for her and everything, to try a totally new class. I got her to ten and finally just decided it wasn't worth it. Couldn't do it. Now, I had rolled a lock a few times before and never had much luck with it. So I figured what they hey, I'd try again. This was a bit before big patch o'doom, so it wasn't requiring much relearning anyways.

Raven the lock got to....10? 14? before the big patch. Then, when I got Maxwell the felguard, I was hooked. Within a few days I rocketed to 40, loving the new content and Raven all the way. Now I love my lock and she's quickly becoming new favorite second character, unable to stand against Azu. She'll hit 85 next, even if she's only 50 now.
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

I have a level 80 Draenei shaman who I just can't bear to play any more. I love the class and I enjoy the race, but... I dunno. I just feel so put off playing him these days.

I've also never been fond of the priest class. Which is strange, since my brother's main is a priest. :| They just seem to have way too many situational buttons. Admitedly, it's been a while since I played one, so I may have to give one another chance. Maybe I'll roll one for the Fight Club. :>

Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

That's why I can't play a gnome....well that and the fact that I find them to be vile evil little creatures. :D

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I think this may be pretty common. I have done this a couple times. One was a higher level Tauren huntress I had. I have not played my worgen but I, for some reason am having a hard time wanting to play her. She looks good but the sniffing. Oh that sniffing just annoys the bahjesus out of me. :lol:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Magli wrote:I've deleted and re-rolled a Nelf druid because I didn't like her lips...so yeah, I know where you're coming from. :)
Deleted a level 80 warrior with the 232 gear back in wotlk because I changed his facial hair and his lips were awkward looking :S

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I cant stand my Worgen DK as a two handed weapon weilder. Everytime I use an ability, he flips....Not cool. He ALLMOST got deleted until I saw how badass he looks with two weapons so he is frost spec now.
Mustafah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Mustafah »

yeah, happend to me alot, i just got tired of a character, and I change my mind very fast, except my hunter though, never got tired of him :P

and about the sniffing worgen animation, i dont find it annoying to be honest, keep walking or stay mounted if you want it to not happen.

Lots of thanks for TygerDarkstorm for the awesome sig!! =D

Mustafah wrote:Playable Pandaren with racial camel mount!!!
Itana
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Itana »

Oh, dear, I've had so many characters I disliked and deleted, it's scarry. It usually happenes around levels 20-30 for me.
Worse than that: my main used to be a BE priest I never really managed to start loving, but couldn't give up since I was playing with my friends with this character. I hoped she'd grow on me over time, but it never happened. She's been abandoned for more than a year now, and it seems to me the only way I can start playing her again is to race-change her to undead. I can barely log on to her anymore, although she's done nothing wrong. :)
My point is: it happens to all, and neglecting this fact can be bad for your experience in the long term. If something's not working, just reroll and feel good about it.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Redith wrote:I cant stand my Worgen DK as a two handed weapon weilder. Everytime I use an ability, he flips....Not cool. He ALLMOST got deleted until I saw how badass he looks with two weapons so he is frost spec now.
Awww, I adore my Snarltooth's flipping! D: I guess I like races that have a lot of motion, I dunno. I can never click with Dwarves, no matter what I do. And I can't seem to keep blood elves except for my level 41 rogue and 30 warlock.
and about the sniffing worgen animation, i dont find it annoying to be honest, keep walking or stay mounted if you want it to not happen.
And I barely notice when my worgens starts sniffing, honestly. Even when I do have my WoW sounds on cause I'm not listening to music at the time.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Davarra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kargath, Suramar, Eitrigg, Korialstrasz, Nagrand

Unread post by Davarra »

I'd gotten annoyed with waiting and rolled up a planned feral on my main server to at least cement the decision of tossing my lock, named and picked her appearance based on the original version elsewhere, didn't click. Gutted it out to 26, miserable the whole time...I'd really wanted a worgen and got "pushed" into the whole thing between impatience over the wait and my sister wanting a lowbie to level with on a server where my lowest toon was mid 60s.

Ganked her and rolled up a puppycat the first afternoon and haven't looked back.

Sig and av by the very talented Kurenio!