Sex and the (Stormwind) City

MeAjur
Realm: Trollbane, US

Sex and the (Stormwind) City

Unread post by MeAjur »

I hope the title doesn't get me banned... it was supposed to be a clever pun.

Anyway... So here I am in The Slaughtered Lamb waiting for the Confectioner's Sugar to respawn. But it's taking it's time about it which leaves me bored enough to read trade chat. Only I wish I wasn't because it's turned into Men who claim women are only good for a view vs. Women who CLAIM IN CAPITAL LETTERS THAT THEY CAN DO EVERYTHING BETTER THAN MEN!!!EXCLAMATION MARKS OUT THE WAZOO!!!

/facepalm
/facepalm
/facepalm

Not so proud to be Alliance tonight...
Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Re: Sex and the (Stormwind) City

Unread post by Felidire »

Haha, they're both wrong...

But when Deathwing came soaring out of the ocean, he shot a massive fireball towards Ratchet; he missed... It impacted a little further inland, leaving a massive trail of destruction.. and as a result, a small chunk of the barrens flew all the way across the ocean, and landed directly in SW park. Barrens dirt rained throughout Stormwind City, forever changing the manner of local chat, and the demeanour of the alliance therein.

-Fin-

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Felidire wrote:Haha, they're both wrong...

But when Deathwing came soaring out of the ocean, he shot a massive fireball towards Ratchet; he missed... It impacted a little further inland, leaving a massive trail of destruction.. and as a result, a small chunk of the barrens flew all the way across the ocean, and landed directly in SW park. Barrens dirt rained throughout Stormwind City, forever changing the manner of local chat, and the demeanour of the alliance therein.

-Fin-
TBH, my SW chat on my server has been like this for ages. I get so sick of it I just keep trade/everything besides general turned off, and even then I usually shut off General and Yell text if I'm not in the mood for stupidity.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Gimlion wrote:
Felidire wrote:Haha, they're both wrong...

-Fin-
TBH, my SW chat on my server has been like this for ages. I get so sick of it I just keep trade/everything besides general turned off, and even then I usually shut off General and Yell text if I'm not in the mood for stupidity.
Sadly the new expansion has brought back alot more trolls and just out right rude people.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I've always had trade be a horror show. I hate it. It's never intelligent, it's just a bunch of idiots yelling opinions (stupid ones) like they're facts.
Oh well. I tend to ignore it completely.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Ack, how I miss the days before a universal trade channel. ^^

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I always /leave trade until I have something I WTB/WTS then I join it, but only for about 5min, then I leave it again...anything longer then that is a waste of time.

I wish Blizzard would hire a few people to just sit in a major city reading trade chat and dish out "Trade chat bans" for the trollers...and do something abot the gold sellers...like "account ban" option.

Its not going to happen, though it'd still be nice if they did do that.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Felidire
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary(A/H), Wyrmrest Accord(H)

Unread post by Felidire »

It doesn't really bother me, tbh.. If a bunch of idiots want to act like retards in /2, then good for them; If they make a big enough name for themselves, end up in one of my pugs and I recognize them, i'll just remove them. X3

There's a handful of trolls in Orgrimmar trade chat on Nesingwary as well, most notably that shaman.

--

Haha, I remember when they first implimented the "World Chat" channel - It was just a constant blur of motionless spam. How long before they removed that one? xDD

|Felidire| - |Harkoa| - dA - |Kibblepaws| - |Tiril|
B/W: Feli // 0347 2599 7931

Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything better than you!

Let me say that facepalm worthy Trade is universal, not just restricted to the Alliance.
I keep my global channels tucked away in a sperate tab, hidden behind my general chat box. if I ever need anything from Trade, I switch over. Sometimes, I immediately regret it. Alas, it's part of the game these days.

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

my alliance raid chat on Lightbringer is usually nice cause most people are elitest there...

On Feathermoon... on a Rp realm... yea... not so fun...
MeAjur
Realm: Trollbane, US

Unread post by MeAjur »

Coincidentally here I am waiting in exactly the same spot, waiting for the sugar to spawn one last time and reading Trade Chat once again. Or would be if SpamMeNot wasn't reporting half of the people talking for doing Anal jokes. I don't have any real motivation to open up all the reports to hit the 'innocent' button. *evil*
Pokerfase
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Vek'nilash, Area 52

Unread post by Pokerfase »

Misogyny and misandry at the same time... how delicious.

Fortunately, WrA's Trade Channel has at least a few brain cells.

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

With judicious use of the expanded ignore list, I find trade to still be a useful channel. My ignore list still fills up over time, but it's easy enough to clear it out and start over again.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

So here I am in The Slaughtered Lamb waiting for the Confectioner's Sugar to respawn
Lol WoW.
Araela
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Araela »

When people tell me "GIRLS DON'T PLAY WOW!" I say, "You're right, but women do. :D" I have yet to get a good response to that one. Hahaha!
Loethlin
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Loethlin »

Cathyliz7 wrote:I have yet to get a good response to that one. Hahaha!
I tell them exactly that as well. But they usually have a response for me.
Go back to the kitchen.
/2/ turned into an imageboard.
heyitskat
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade. US

Unread post by heyitskat »

ROFLMAO, yea I think we all feel like that sometimes, no matter what faction you tend to enjoy more then others their will always be A-holes on either side... I still don't get what processes people to pay 15 bucks a month to sit and chat in trade though... that remains a mystery to me... but hey i have been that bored before to actually read trade chat.. LOL :D
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

MeAjur wrote:Coincidentally here I am waiting in exactly the same spot, waiting for the sugar to spawn one last time and reading Trade Chat once again. Or would be if SpamMeNot wasn't reporting half of the people talking for doing Anal jokes. I don't have any real motivation to open up all the reports to hit the 'innocent' button. *evil*
I've been noticing that it's been awhile since Alliance trade chat on Cenarion Circle suffered a flood of anal 'jokes'. Hoping it stays that way.
Loethlin wrote:
Cathyliz7 wrote:I have yet to get a good response to that one. Hahaha!
I tell them exactly that as well. But they usually have a response for me.
Go back to the kitchen.
/2/ turned into an imageboard.
And this is why you simply say nothing in the first place. You don't need to disprove them; you're not going to change anything by responding to them. They're just trolling for responses to their sexist comments.

Oh, and what a horror /2 would be if images were allowed... :shock:
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!