Horde on my server cheating with Tol barad

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Horde on my server cheating with Tol Bard

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ahh, I missed seeing that the alliance list was so much higher up on the scroll. All right, that's definitely enough proof. Sorry for the confusion; my brain is rather melted after today's raid. -_-

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Kalliope wrote:Ahh, I missed seeing that the alliance list was so much higher up on the scroll. All right, that's definitely enough proof. Sorry for the confusion; my brain is rather melted after today's raid. -_-
I've already opened a ticket and made a post on the battle forums. I also managed to also get a screenshot of the Horde guilds in the battle as well.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic ... 0#new-post
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

AdamSavage wrote:EDIT: I used far less info on the battle net forums and nobody there is having an issues understanding me.. I have no idea why I'm hitting a brick wall here.. It's not like I'm making this up.. I have better things to with my time then to do this. I've been playing the game long enough to know when this many people are talking about something like this then there is something up for sure..
Tbh it was the screenshots because both said 49 people found. So one would assume Horde actually had LESS people there than alliance. I didn't realize that I'd have to load both and flip back between to get that the list was actually shorter :/

And really just, what can we do Adam, we're just normal players. You're bringing us a near isolated incident as I've not even heard this mentioned on MMO afaik, but we're powerless outside of saying that yes they're exploiting or no they aren't exploiting or maybe ally are afking out or if they are exploiting, report it.

It's not that we're brick walls, we are just UNABLE to do anything. There's a difference.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ryai wrote:
AdamSavage wrote:EDIT: I used far less info on the battle net forums and nobody there is having an issues understanding me.. I have no idea why I'm hitting a brick wall here.. It's not like I'm making this up.. I have better things to with my time then to do this. I've been playing the game long enough to know when this many people are talking about something like this then there is something up for sure..
Tbh it was the screenshots because both said 49 people found. So one would assume Horde actually had LESS people there than alliance. I didn't realize that I'd have to load both and flip back between to get that the list was actually shorter :/

And really just, what can we do Adam, we're just normal players. You're bringing us a near isolated incident as I've not even heard this mentioned on MMO afaik, but we're powerless outside of saying that yes they're exploiting or no they aren't exploiting or maybe ally are afking out or if they are exploiting, report it.

It's not that we're brick walls, we are just UNABLE to do anything. There's a difference.
Me saying there was 40 Horde and 29 alliance didn't suggest this at all to you ? The brickwall isn't for anyone helping it's for lack of understanding of the point I was trying to make. Like did you want me to dumb it down to the point where I say ok you see these screenshots..There is 40 horde players in battle over 3 screenshots. Ok now on to the next.. These screenshots over here are for the number of Alliance players in battle.. This probably would of made it clear beyond on a doubt but I never thought of doing that because I didn't think I would need to go that extreme to explain something as simple as how many players where in the battle for Tol Bard for each faction..

EDIT: I found another thread reporting the same issues. There is unbalance in the faction vs faction player numbers.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Ryai wrote:Tbh it was the screenshots because both said 49 people found.
I believe 49 is the magic upper limit on how many entries a /who request can return. Whenever it says "49 people found" it really means "49 or more people found".
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Anyia wrote:
Ryai wrote:Tbh it was the screenshots because both said 49 people found.
I believe 49 is the magic upper limit on how many entries a /who request can return. Whenever it says "49 people found" it really means "49 or more people found".
Yah it is. When I did a /who on only the questing area I got 10 people so in total on both the actual battleground and questing are there was 59 players. 40 where fighting for control and the rest where waiting to get in or just questing.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: Horde on my server cheating with Tol barad

Unread post by Acherontia »

Ugh, one of the posts on your thread:

"I have seen people who have alts in the opposite faction log on queue up and then log off to fill their raid group so the other side could have more people."

That's pretty awful -.-
Burnice
Realm: Aggramar EU

Unread post by Burnice »

TBH, you can report cheating on Tol barad as much as you want, blizz will turn a blind eye. They deny any unbalances at all and yet people have proven it from both sides. Worse PVP zone ever. Their lame hotfix will not fix that crap. People yelled and complained on beta how hideous it is and yet it made it live.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

AdamSavage wrote:So I've been hearing more and more reports from players that the horde are cheating to win Tol Bard. The more people I talk to the more It's confirmed and nobody is happy about it. Today we got tol bard back once then magically they got it right back.. What has been said to what there doing is say they have 30 people in the raid. They will get say 10 people to one by one drop raid after gaining some honor. This triggers the game to bring more people into the fight. So then you have 40 horde vs 30 Alliance. This makes it even more unbalanced and pretty much impossible to win the match..

This comes to no surprise to me at all because the Horde on my server love to play dirty when it came to Wintergrasp and now Tol bard. Is there any way to confirm if this is actually true and if anything can be done about it ?
why cant horde on my server do this! I wanna win more!
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Looks like Alliance is doing the same on my server, although I'm Alliance so it doesn't hurt me...
I wish we'd fight fair, though. :-/ Thought, admittedly, Alliance on my server sucks epically at PvP so it's the only way we could ever win... /fail

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Looks like Alliance is doing the same on my server, although I'm Alliance so it doesn't hurt me...
I wish we'd fight fair, though. :-/ Thought, admittedly, Alliance on my server sucks epically at PvP so it's the only way we could ever win... /fail
I think Alliance is doing it on Nesingwary unfortunately :( I think we only own TB about 15% of the time
Kalliope

I think alliance outpopulate the horde on Nesingwary, as I recall. Back in LK, they usually had control of WG too.

YouTube Edition

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Kalliope wrote:I think alliance outpopulate the horde on Nesingwary, as I recall. Back in LK, they usually had control of WG too.
its probably because a good population of the horde on Nesingwary seem to like to camp for rare pets during PVP battle times :)
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So this patch didn't fix anything for Tol Barad in the way Blizzard wanted. On my server it's gone back to win trading. From what I've been told it's like this now Alliance=>Horde=>Alliance=>Horde=>Alliance and so on...
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Looks like Alliance is doing the same on my server, although I'm Alliance so it doesn't hurt me...
I haven't touched Tol Barad much lately, but I do remember a few days ago I tried several times to get into games by queing up at the 15 minute start... Never got into ANY of those matches. =/ Apparently, several of my guildmates are having the same trouble.

Also, I don't think you guys really suck at PvP... I just think it has to do with a lack of interest on your side there. It is an RP sever after all. XD

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Aleu wrote:
I haven't touched Tol Barad much lately, but I do remember a few days ago I tried several times to get into games by queing up at the 15 minute start... Never got into ANY of those matches. =/ Apparently, several of my guildmates are having the same trouble.

Also, I don't think you guys really suck at PvP... I just think it has to do with a lack of interest on your side there. It is an RP sever after all. XD
Good point.
A couple of friends Horde-side were complaining about it the other day. They ended up sitting on the bridge (couldn't get in the battleground) and killing all the Allies that tried to bug it. xD
But yeah, lack of interest is big. At least Horde has Keithoo.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Kalliope

It's not really win trading so much as it is INCREDIBLY easy to win on offense now if defense is basically afk.

YouTube Edition

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Well I like it the way it is now. They better not change it. Both factions get access to the raid and bonus quest everyday.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

i think its stupid when I queue at 14 min 57 seconds till Tol Barad and I don't even get in. Just sayin'
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ok so I went to a battle where we where the Alliance was the attacker.The horde are actually trying to win but the way they changed it now we end up wining. The other factor is it's coordinated. You will have someone say ok hold and defend the other 2 bases and everyone else go to the last one.