TLPD????

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

TLPD????

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Anyone camping TLPD???

I want to start camping him but don't want to step on anyones toes etc. I've wanted a Proto Drake since time began but haven't been able to get one. Didn't /don't really know how to get the others. I would be making the camp on Rexiah obviously since she's the only one with the flying level to ride one.

Any help in this camp and his take down would be more then appreciated but if he goes down the reigns will be going to me of course. :D 8-) I hope that makes sense.

I may try to grind or whatever I need to do to get a different Proto Drake but this seems like it will be the easiest method to getting something I've wanted for so long.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Re: TLPD????

Unread post by Acherontia »

The Oracles egg has a *very* high droprate of the green proto-drake now, and only a 3-day wait--I'd get that while you camp, so at least you know you'll have a proto-drake of one color or another soon enough. Also, if you are in a guild with some free time, they could easily do the WotLK achievement runs for you for the red proto-drake.

The TLPD isn't "easy" by any means :lol: It will take away your time & your sanity, so if you think you can get another, and aren't desperate for the Time-lost, I'd skip it.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Acherontia wrote:The Oracles egg has a *very* high droprate of the green proto-drake now, and only a 3-day wait

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

It's not exactly camping, I just bring my bf along every day while looking for rares for the Frostbitten achievement, he starts at one end of the zone, I start on the other, and we take half his patrol together. I've seen him dead a few times, always by the Frozen Lake (near Bor's Fall), but that could just be coincidence. Sorry I'm not more helpful, and best of luck! It's a gorgeous Proto-Drake =) (I still love my Green one, back when it was rare and everyone hated me because I got it within a week of dailies, haha!) x

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Dakona
Realm: Scilla, Nesingwary

Unread post by Dakona »

It took me 3 nights to get TLPD but that of course was on chance and luck. If you're on a high populated server then I suggest "camping" at night. I also did a /who Storm Peaks to see if any other 85's where in the area before I would camp, not that it should matter but always good to know who your competition is. If they weren't Hunters looking for Skoll they were probably camping the TLPD. My advise, (since it's boring to do laps around Storm Peaks hours on end) would be to find a nice spot at Bor's Breath when you have other things in your room or around your house you can do. You definitely need to get NPCScan and I recommend RareSpawnOverlay as well if you want to know the exact routes he spawns.

If you're serious about getting him then get ready for a lot of sitting. I ended up doing work near my computer and a lot of T.V watching while bumping my mouse every so often to keep from AFK logging. I've induced some pics of my TLPD. Good luck, he is worth it I promise!

Million thank yous to Daranara for Signature!
My Blog

zedxrgal

Because of having to work long time night camping cannot and will not happen. This will be a camp when I can thing. Bummer but that's the breaks. :D
I do have NPC Scan, NPC Overlay and Silver Dragon. So I'm covered on the addons. :lol: But thank you.

I was at the top of the Frozen Lake where the two points converge which is where Ponderance's guide said to be.
Ponderance's Guide to TLPD

Maybe I will get uber lucky and he'll spawn today.

Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

I wish you luck and sanity. You're using one more addon than I did, so maybe three will be the charm. He's a pain though and only one of two rares to cause me to swear (a feat in itself, lol). The only other advice I can offer is persevere; it can be a long crazy camp, but patience is worth its weight in gold.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Good luck with that camp! I'm not hunting him myself, but whenever I pass through Storm Peaks I usually take a quick sweep around for him. If I see you around though, I'll leave him alone :D

As for proto-drakes, Acherontia already mentioned two others you can try: the Green Proto-Drake is just a matter of luck, and the Red Proto-Drake you can get via getting WotLK Dungeon Achievements. There are two others available though for non-Raiders (I dunno if those raiding ones even ARE available anymore with Cataclysm out now).

The first is the Blue Proto-Drake which is an extremely rare drop from the third boss (Skadi) in Utgarde Pinnacle. I've run UP a lot and never once saw it drop, but he might be more farmable now if you're level 85 with decent gear. I believe he only drops the drake in Heroic though.

The second is a year-long endeavor; if you complete all the meta holiday achievements, you'll get a purple/pink proto drake. This one can be a pain in the butt to get, but it also grants you with 310% speed and automatically gives you the final rank of flying with no cost whatsoever, so it might be worth it. It's also quite flashy :D

Whichever drake you choose, good luck gettin' it :D

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kaleos
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ner'zhul/Nesingwary

Unread post by Kaleos »

Like Vel said, the red one can be done through LK achievements. If you ever wanna give those a shot I'd be done for trying them.
For just one click a day, you too can sponsor a squiby pet. Do it! :D
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Just a quick update for ya!

I'm playing right now and I just killed Vyragosa at 11:08 server time. As I understand it respawn times have been altered slightly, but there's a time for you, just in case! :)

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

zedxrgal

I won't be home in time if he spawns so I will probably miss him. :(

I started the rep grind yesterday to at least try for the green proto from the Oracles. Dailies aren't yielding a whole lot of XP so it's going to take a while.

I am more then willing to try and run the heroics in the hopes for a drop but I don't know the entrance locations and would prefer not to go alone since I seem to get my ass kicked easily when I do that. :oops: I know I've been to UP but have no clue where the entrance is as I've done most of these from random dungeons only. :oops:

Soonest I can log in will be 6pm pacific time 8pm server. If I get home on time. *rips hair out*

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Wish you luck. its likely that you'll see ALOT of Vyragosa.

Heres my thread for good luck:

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7343

I recommend doing other things while camping the frozen lake (around the house, watch tv, etc)

I would suggest the Oracle Egg as well. When they lowered it to 3 day cooldown the first 5 eggs I opened were:

Green Proto Drake
Green Proto Drake
Green Proto Drake
Proto Drake Welp
Green Proto Drake

150+ Brunnhildar Village dailies and no White Polar Bear yet. RNG is silly sometimes
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Purrverted

Unread post by Purrverted »

For those camping TLPD now and for those trying to in the future and even those campers looking for Aeonaxx, I strongly suggest going to http://aeonaxxresource.com/index2.html and the forums at http://board.tlpdresource.com/index.php. Has helped me greatly in my camping and killing 3 of each of those rare drakes.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

zedxrgal wrote:
I am more then willing to try and run the heroics in the hopes for a drop but I don't know the entrance locations and would prefer not to go alone since I seem to get my ass kicked easily when I do that. :oops: I know I've been to UP but have no clue where the entrance is as I've done most of these from random dungeons only. :oops:
Daw....which toon are you running it on? I'd be happy to go with you Alli or Hordeside, UP is one of my faves and I can show you how the fight goes XD I'm not sure if we'll need a healer or not though...Skadi's gauntlet is kinda bizarre and I dunno how much damage he does now to Cataclysm chars.

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

zedxrgal

Rexiah - Horde. She's the only one with the high enough riding training.
I'm about to log in to do my dailies for the Oracle egg.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

A note on the Oracle egg - while I know some people had incredible luck with it once the time was lowered, DON'T expect that yourself. It's much more likely to drop now, but it's not a 20% chance or something like that.
My brother got it pretty fast after the change... I've gotten eggs very nearly every three days and I still haven't gotten it.

Aaand after that downer, I wish you good luck! I have no mount luck to give you, but if I had any it'd be yours.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:A note on the Oracle egg - while I know some people had incredible luck with it once the time was lowered, DON'T expect that yourself. It's much more likely to drop now, but it's not a 20% chance or something like that.
My brother got it pretty fast after the change... I've gotten eggs very nearly every three days and I still haven't gotten it.

Aaand after that downer, I wish you good luck! I have no mount luck to give you, but if I had any it'd be yours.
I'll trade you my extra Green-Proto Drake for a White Polar bear? You think a GM could do that? :)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~