Petopian Alliance Rules and Codes of Conduct

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Petopian Alliance Rules and Codes of Conduct

Unread post by Ceravan »

So here I am, revising our strategy to get Petopian Alliance off the ground, so first off is to put out there the Rules and Codes of Conduct, a lot of this is similar, or even copy and pasted from Petopians, as most if not all will be the same for either side.

Treat others as you would be treated:

Remember that behind all of these toons sits a real person, just like you. Respect that. Remember that this is a game that we all play to have fun, burn off stress, etc. If someone asks you to stop an action, change a topic, stop a certain joke, please do it. Be respectful to other players, and basically treat them as you would want to be treated. This goes for people both in and out of the guild.

Guild Chat Guidelines:

Simply put, keep things PG-13 unless it's during "late night chat". "Late night" usually starts around 10-11pm server, and is usually noted by someone *hanging the late night sign*.

Late Night chat isn't a free for all, though. Rated R topics are allowed, however, we must still respect the other people in the guild and stop or redirect when asked.

Some topics are NEVER ok in guild chat. Period. Politics, religion, hate speech, abuse, assault and "being creepy" are the main ones. The general guideline to this is: if it's a volatile subject, take it to party or whispers before you are told to do so.

One other thing to note is: Never post any personal identifying information in guild chat. First names are fine, general area in which you live is ok. Don't give out your e-mail, address, etc. in guild chat. If you really want someone to have said info, take it to whispers.

Remember, everything is a matter of perception, how others perceive you and what you say, and how you perceive others. If it's something you feel you'd take the wrong way, the rethink the way you would say or do it. In the end it's a game, not a job. We play games to have fun, and it isn't fair to others to interfere with that fun.

Rare taming:
As we, like Petopians, are generally hunter oriented, this is a fairly important topic to us as a whole.

Lowbie rares have a fairly quick spawn. They also have lots of tasty tasty XP. If you come across a tameable lowbie rare, offer it up, first. If you have a horde toon in Petopians, feel free to hop over there and offer it up too, but this is not a requirement. If no one wants it, get your XP.

Higher-level, long-spawn-time rares, however, offer to both sides of the guild, Petopian Alliance and Petopians, and to other hunters in the zone that may be camping for it. In the end it's also a first come first serve tame. If someone is in the zone and wanting to tame it, they have first dibs over someone half a continent away, especially considering we don't have guild summon as of yet.

It is never acceptable to harass another camper or to kill a rare so that another person cannot tame it. That, once again, interfere's with someone else's enjoyment of the game. You wouldn't want it done to you, don't do it to them.

Guild runs/loot drops:

If a person is running in a dungeon, they are allowed to roll on any item that drops. They are doing the work, they are allowed the loot. The only exception is if a run is set up for a specific reason, or a specific drop for a specific person. If such rules are made, they MUST be clarified BEFORE the run starts.

Officers:

The officers are there to keep the peace, we are here to help, we are here for the guild as a whole. Please please PLEASE let us know if something's going on that we can take care of, help with or answer. But also, remember, we are only human, and sometimes there are things even we can't help with, or we have our own distractions going on. Don't hold it against them if they are unable to help.
Last edited by Ceravan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Petopian Alliance Rules and Codes of Conduct

Unread post by Ceravan »

Guild Ranks and what they mean

Here is a list of our ranks, they are similar to horde side, but we have our own tweaks to them. In order from the lowest, to the highest ranks

Scout - This rank is the rank given to any member that does not have a forum account, or who's forum account we don't know. It is the first rank that people get invited to.

Missing - This is our MIA rank.

Tracker - These are people, new or otherwise that we know their forum name and have it listed in the officer note.

Ranger - This rank is for well known members of either Petopians or Petopian Alliance, those that have proven themselves on either side, and have been in one or the other guild long enough to be familiar to people. These people can currently invite other into the guild.

Sentinel- This rank is our officer rank, which we currently have none of at this time. It used to be Game Keeper, but that name just didn't fit the ranking system.

Ranger General- Co leaders of Petopian Alliance and their alts. As of right now, that just means me and Giordana.

Ranger Lord - Me, Myself, and I.... Guild Master of Petopian Alliance.
Last edited by Ceravan on Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Ceravan »

Our officers, here is a contact list for those that can do something about any problems you may have. As of right now, it is just two of us, as we are co-leading Petopian Alliance until we find we need more in the way of officers.

My board name is Ceravan, in the event you need to PM me. You can also look for me in game on my toons, or mail me in game if need be. My list of toons are as follows...
Gräves, Xaira, Kizuna, Totemìc, Nöx, Cervano and Arcwolf

My co-lead's board name is Zedxrgal, and her characters are as follows...
Giordana, Stealssocks, Jobiensis, and Littlebopeep

Another note, anyone of Ranger rank can invite you and your friends to the guild. We don't have a strict boards only requirement to join Petopian Alliance, but we would prefer you to have one. And most likely if you are reading these you do. Please have the board name handy when asking for an invite into the guild.

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I am planning to be back into game this weekend probably. At the absolute latest Tuesday 3/20!! Look forward to seeing everyone. ;)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!