Petopia Forum Guild - US

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Petopia Forum Guild - US

Unread post by Ryno »

EDIT:Anyone looking here, wondering how to join the guild, can see updated information here.

I thought this would need it's own thread, for me to put up details.

Guild name: <Petopians>
Realm: Nesingwary.
Faction: Horde.
Person to mail on the realm if you want to join: Whododavoodo.

The goal will be to have people join with alts, hunter or other, in order to host events, test pets, help others tame pets, and just hang out with other pet lovers in the game. If you have any questions about it, please send me an ingame letter.

At this time I do not plan to get a vent for the guild, as I expect we won't have enough people active at once to use it, and I can't afford it.

If you ask about a guild forum I may be forced to roll my eyes at you.
Last edited by Ryno on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Petopia Forum Guild

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I love this idea. I like leveling characters just for the fun of it, not so much the raiding aspect, and I'm a Hordie all the way.

If we don't play too often though, is that okay? I'd love to roll a new hunter for fun, but can't guarantee I'd play it constantly since it's not my main realm.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm sure no one expects these characters to be full time or anything. I'd consider this a fun side-project where we can just start a new hunter and hang out together occassionally. :)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Yes, the idea of this guild is to have an alt you play occasionally. It is by no means supposed to be a dedication in anyway.

My goal is to get enough people in it and leveled so we can do events that come to mind later down the road.

Example: I thought we could later get everyone's hunter alt in the guild, and have a mass taming of one particular pet in a zone. If we get enough it could almost be a race.

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I just want to say that that's an awesome idea! I'll definitely be rolling something. Probably a hunter. Hmm *rubs chin* I'll get back to you on the details ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

sarayana wrote:I just want to say that that's an awesome idea! I'll definitely be rolling something. Probably a hunter. Hmm *rubs chin* I'll get back to you on the details ;)
Hehe, good deal.

And an update: I have a druid alt in the guild that can invite also, his name is Hibernate. If you want to join, check if he is on or the DK I have, Whododavoodo.

Vephriel

Well, I successfully created my Petopian hunter today (a blood elf named Veph....how original, I know xD ) and levelled her to 10. :) Of course that was when the fun starts with a first pet, and I knew that I wanted something special, something you don't see often.

I settled on a Daggercap Hawk - the only low level bird that uses that 'stormcrow' model. Of course they're situated at Utgarde Keep in Howling Fjord. It was quite a thrill to bring a little level 10 over to Northrend, but with only a few deaths I managed to tame one with relatively no problems. ^^

I feel pretty confident that not many other hunters of this level will own one of these birds. I've named him Tempest.

Anyways, if you haven't already I highly suggest coming over to Nesingwary and joining our little guild! It's really fun to start fresh on a new server, and it's great being able to chat with everyone as you level. =D
Last edited by Vephriel on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel

(sorry for the double post, but this is a different topic from my previous one so hopefully that's fine)

Guild Tabard Idea

(image created with the Guild Tabard Viewer)

So we were chatting about possibilities for the Guild Tabard today, and a lot of us thought that the 'paw' icon would be ideal. There are some other animal icons, however to me the paw can symbolize pets as a whole instead of anything too specific. It's simple and fitting.

I thought the furry border would likewise be fitting to go with the animal/pet theme, and the colours are inspired by the Petopia main page. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there as a possibility. :)
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:So we were chatting about possibilities for the Guild Tabard today, and a lot of us thought that the 'paw' icon would be ideal. There are some other animal icons, however to me the paw can symbolize pets as a whole instead of anything too specific. It's simple and fitting.

I thought the furry border would likewise be fitting to go with the animal/pet theme, and the colours are inspired by the Petopia main page. Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there as a possibility. :)
Hehe, looks good. I'll probably go ahead and get the tabard up soon. If we change our minds it can always be... well changed. ;)

Also, any member of the guild at the "Veteran" rank can invite. So just search /who Petopians on the realm Nesingwary, Horde side, if you are interested in joining. :D

Emowin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Several

Unread post by Emowin »

Oooo oooo creating a new toon RIGHT NOW!! Then.....I TAKE NAP FOR WORK...lol
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Well, I just hit level 10 in the new Petopians guild and tamed myself a raptor, since I've never had one before.

Me and Striker the raptor! You can also see the lovely tabard that has just been made :)

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Kaellan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Kaellan »

The tabard looks good...congrats on your new pet Taigi :D

Azrim

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Ah, also if you get a chance to read this Mania: is it ok if I say the guild is the "Official" Petopia forum guild? Didn't want to slap on that title for it without getting an ok from the higher ups.

Vephriel

And I've tamed pet number 2! (oh geez, I'm already addicted)

You may notice me looking a little green in the picture. Let's just say he didn't agree with me at first on some things, but we worked it out.

Now the Barrens trembles in fear at our approach!
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:Now the Barrens trembles in fear at our approach!
Simply adorable poses for you both, haha! :lol:

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

And don't forget you can roll other classes for this guild also.

Here we see my DK witness the Burning Legion's takeover of Azeroth. Hey wait a second...
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff27 ... 210240.jpg

Vephriel

Ryno wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Now the Barrens trembles in fear at our approach!
Simply adorable poses for you both, haha! :lol:
I was so pleased with that screenshot! :lol: It happened to be a complete lucky coincidence that right as I hit /flex for my character, my Scorpid also reared up. ^_^
Rexham
Realm: Rexxar

Re: Petopia Forum Guild - US

Unread post by Rexham »

I think I'm going to create some sort of orc lady for this :)
I'm also sorely tempted to transfer my abandoned lv 33 tauren hunter from Azjol-Nerob, just so I can do something with her. I haven't played that server in 3 years and all my buddies on it have been scattered to the 4 winds since :(
Pins on <Petopians> US
Khishay
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: US Trollbane

Unread post by Khishay »

I think I'll be joining. Posssssibly... It seems like too much fun to miss out on! :D

I vote for a pink flamingo parade! ... Or aqua flamingo parade? :shock:

My Dragon Cave...

Thanks so much to Ket Shi for the signature!

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Khishay wrote:I vote for a pink flamingo parade! ... Or aqua flamingo parade? :shock:
After a few weeks of leveling and getting more members, I plan to host plenty of events. Already have a few in mind. ;)