Warcraft Mounts Armory Update Changes

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Warcraft Mounts Armory Update Changes

Unread post by Wain »

Changes to Warcraft Mounts mount collections are underway:

Blizzard have changed the way that mount collections are queried and I've had to implement the new way by March 16. It's mostly done now.

The good part is that now you only need one character to get your entire mount collection! This is already done, so next time you update a character it'll show (almost - see below) every mount you own.

As a result, the site now only displays a single collection page for your account, not for individual characters. Because aside from the Alabaster mounts they'd be the same anyway.

The less good part is that some mounts are still missing from the new method, but it's only the Gladiator mounts (as far as I know). Also, the new Alabaster mounts are still only appearing for same-faction collections. Blizzard knows this and will hopefully fix them soon. In the meantime you can add them manually. Also, if you own any of the Gladiator mounts I'm really impressed.

I've left all the rest of your characters for now, even though they're technically redundant. I may remove them later and get you to just nominate one character.

But I've added filter buttons so you can hide mounts that are specific to certain factions/classes/races/professions. It may look a bit "busy" right now, so I may need to tweak it. Feedback is welcomed :)

Please let me know if anything breaks or is missing. Thanks! :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Warcraft Mounts Armory Update Changes

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I get this error when trying to update my main:

Fatal error: Uncaught Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Data truncated for column 'race' at row 1 in /srv/php_lib/ZendFramework-1.9.2/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:221 Stack trace: #0 /srv/php_lib/ZendFramework-1.9.2/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(284): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array) #1 /srv/php_lib/ZendFramework-1.9.2/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(468): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /srv/www/heimburg/www.warcraftmounts.com/classes/Character.class.php(86): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n UP...', Array) #3 /srv/www/heimburg/www.warcraftmounts.com/classes/Character.class.php(415): Character->save() #4 /srv/www/heimburg/www.warcraftmounts.com/classes/Character.class.php(574): Character->setNumMounts(685, true) #5 /srv/www/heimburg/www.warcraftmounts.com/htdocs/user/char ... t.php(264): Character->updateMountsFromArmoryProfile() #6 {main} thrown in /srv/php_lib/ZendFramework-1.9.2/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 221

Tried deleting and re-adding too. She's vulpera if that's why :s

Edit:

Also have this lol.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Lupen202 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:18 am I get this error when trying to update my main:
Hmm, crap. I think I fixed it. Could you please try re-adding your vulpera? And delete the other one (which probably popped up as a result of the error). I hope it now works and thanks for reporting it :)
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

All good now :D

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know 😊
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Latest update: I've done a major overhaul on the way you add mounts to wish & exclusions lists (or ownership of mounts that are missing from the Armory) on the individual mounts pages. So far I'm pretty happy with the result, but I appreciate some testing :) It's now a simple radio button-style list that works with your account-wide collection. So it's much easier to use than the old system where there were a bunch of messy drop-down menus for every character you owned.

For a regular, unowned mount it displays options for adding it to your wishlist or exclusions lists. For mounts that are bugged on the official Armory it also gives options for setting the mount as owned or unowned. There are a few other tweaks for certain situations, like for retired mounts it doesn't offer an option to add to a wishlist.
As an example of a mount that is bugged on the Armory (at the time of writing this): https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/a ... mtalon.php

It seems to be working right to me, and I spent a long time testing it, so I've set the changes as active. Which of course means someone will find a hidden flaw in it as soon as I head to bed.

TBD:
The only major change required WCM now is to remove all mention of multiple characters per account. I was going to allow the user the option of deciding which of their current characters to keep, but I've decided that's too complicated for a short changeover period, so instead I'm going to auto delete all characters except for the one most recently updated when a user logs in, and add a note explaining the change. I'll remove the add character option (unless you have zero characters) and instead just let users change the details of their current one.