Pawtrack's TLPD journal.

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Pawtrack's TLPD journal.

Unread post by Pawtrack »

To keep track of TLPD/Vyragosa sightings.

Found TLPD dead twice while looking for Skoll.

First time I didn't care much, was only looking for it for my friend.

Second time I was disheartened, as I was starting to want the TLPD, and only missed him by a few minutes.

And yesterday I started my real hunt for TLPD.
Installed NPC_Scan (Never used it before. Dun dun dun dunnn) and went off to camp by the frozen lake.

Killed Vyragosa near the frozen lake, patrolling up along the river forgot to get a screenshot until after she was dead and skinned.

And today, while sitting at my computer reading, NPC_Scan goes off. Vyragosa. She was patrolling down from the mountain near the frozen lake. Agro, daze, dismounted, die, rez. Wait for her to get closer near the vyrkul village. Killed her easily.

And that's it for now XD

...the hunt continues.

Also, anyone know what TLPD/Vyragosa's spawn time is? If they have one? Is it a 50/50 chance of one or the other spawning, or is TLPD rarer? Anyone? Would love to know.

Updates to come.
Attachments
DeadTLPD.jpg
DeadTLPD.jpg (243.56 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
TLPDDeadAgain.jpg
TLPDDeadAgain.jpg (213.63 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
Vyragosa.jpg
Vyragosa.jpg (58.14 KiB) Viewed 2847 times
Vyragosa2.jpg
Vyragosa2.jpg (222.53 KiB) Viewed 2846 times

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Re: Pawtrack's TLPD journal.

Unread post by Chimera »

i was told TLPD/Vyragosa have a 6-12 hour spawn timer.. Vyragosa approx a 4/5 time chance so.. 80% and TLPD a 20% (completely my guestimation based on seeing other peoples logs from all over the place).

I missed Time-Lost by a few minutes myself on my second day in the hunt cause i backtracked real quick down another route when i thought i saw a red border and thought i went out of sight (happened with me and Skoll, i flew for about 5min before _NPCScan finally told me what i had found)...

Damn draenei came out of Valkyrion or whatever that vykrul village with the valkyr is called parading his drake around TT_TT

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Ugh, that sucks. And 20% chance of TLPD spawning instead of Vyra... ouch. Hopefully I'll get lucky.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

I send you good luck vibes~ ^_^ ive been successful with things ive been trying to do these past few days, one of them was catching Madexx in glorious unrushed peace even though i saw at least 4 individual hunters within an hour of my searching for madexx/mysterious camel figurine... he was red though but i love him <3 *Scorpid sends good luck vibes to you as well*

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

For any questions you might have visit this site and the forum too!

http://tlpdresource.com/index3.html

And watch this video

Good luck!!
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Samskeyti wrote:For any questions you might have visit this site and the forum too!

http://tlpdresource.com/index3.html

And watch this video

Good luck!!
Can't get the site to load, but did watch the video and will take that advice. :D
Xakaal wrote:I send you good luck vibes~ ^_^ ive been successful with things ive been trying to do these past few days, one of them was catching Madexx in glorious unrushed peace even though i saw at least 4 individual hunters within an hour of my searching for madexx/mysterious camel figurine... he was red though but i love him <3 *Scorpid sends good luck vibes to you as well*
Yay! *steals friend's blue maddex luck and gives it to you* *takes tlpd luck*

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

scottyy
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by scottyy »

I was told/read that the spawn timer has gone down drastically since the shattering to only about 2-3 hours, and even then people have screenshots of seeing one after the other inside the same hour. I would also go look at his wowhead page comments. Good luck!

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Hmmmm.... could it be random? :\

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Theres a supposed rule that there can only be 2 northrend rares up at a time and the person in that video noticed TLPD (before Cata) was popping on an average of 6-11 hours at a time while they had their northrend rare killing squad camping every rare in northrend.

He did say the spawn has been reduced but i forget if he gave an estimated time or not-- i just watched the vid a second time while following his youtube video to the spawn points ^^ Im gonna camp toooo cause i want Time Lost sooooo bad

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

First of all let me say good luck! I just got my TLPD this weekend finally, and I have a thread here about it if you havn't already seen it.. I kept track of spawn times etc. so maybe it could help you get an idea.

In my experience Vyra spawns can be as early as 2 hours and as far as nearly 20 hours apart. I believe the TLPD has a very small chance to spawn instead of Vyragosa; I'm thinking way lower than 20%, maybe as low as 5%, which is why there can be weeks without a spawn. Whats unusual about when I got my TLPD is that it was spotted 4 confirmed times in a week, three of which were in three days.

Friday: 11:58am
Saturday: 11:30pm
Sunday: 11:48am

You can see the pattern in mine. :)

Regarding other rares being up: Its just a theory, and it's 3-5 rares up at a time. Don't leave storm peaks to kill rares! Camp camp camp. A friend was camping a second spawn for me, left to kill rares, and less than 10 minutes later TLPD spawned at the point she was watching and I missed it as I was not on that path. Stay in Storm Peaks! If you must, see if you can get another friend to travel and look for them and murder them. :)

I also recommend setting up a rig to stay logged in game with NPCscan running while you are asleep! There are two ways that I know of to do this.

1. Set up an analog clock with a second hand; take the face off it and tape an inch wide piece of paper etc. to the second hand, making it wide enough and close enough to the glass to be visible by a laser mouse when it goes by. Replace the glass. Have something heavy and small (I used batteries, and a friend used a roll of dimes) to tape to your left mouse button to keep it pressed down. Set up your mouse on the clock with the button pressed down, make sure your camera twitches when the second hand goes around, and voila!

2. This is easier but it involves white noise and I havn't actually tried it myself. Get a piece of paper, place your laser mouse on it, and use a fan to blow on the paper, causing it to vibrate and keep your laser always moving.

Its very helpful to get an extra 8-10 hours camping in while sleeping. I rode on my HH mount (so it didn't have noise), turned down my music and ambience, and had sound (including NPCscan) cranked! It works. :)
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Im gonna attempt that paper&fan technique since i dont got an analog watch :< i used to have one but it was worth like $200 from the store and i hate analog so i sold it to a shop for $300 >:D

Im camping the very first spot shown in the video that was posted, the one where his priest is sitting

Edit: I completely forgot to add this-- i made the guestimation of 20% based on the findings of others and the lower spawn timer (though now i have no idea if northrend rares even got a reduced timer or not anymore... im all confused now @_@)

Another Edit: The paper works!! I can sleep and still have my character active 8D I have my USB and Authenticator propping it up while the fan vibrates the paper xD

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Xakaal wrote:Theres a supposed rule that there can only be 2 northrend rares up at a time and the person in that video noticed TLPD (before Cata) was popping on an average of 6-11 hours at a time while they had their northrend rare killing squad camping every rare in northrend.

He did say the spawn has been reduced but i forget if he gave an estimated time or not-- i just watched the vid a second time while following his youtube video to the spawn points ^^ Im gonna camp toooo cause i want Time Lost sooooo bad
Yeah, heard that theory.... thought it wasn't true at first but now I'm beginning to believe it. Good luck with your TLPD! :D
Gumballs wrote:First of all let me say good luck! I just got my TLPD this weekend finally, and I have a thread here about it if you havn't already seen it.. I kept track of spawn times etc. so maybe it could help you get an idea.

In my experience Vyra spawns can be as early as 2 hours and as far as nearly 20 hours apart. I believe the TLPD has a very small chance to spawn instead of Vyragosa; I'm thinking way lower than 20%, maybe as low as 5%, which is why there can be weeks without a spawn. Whats unusual about when I got my TLPD is that it was spotted 4 confirmed times in a week, three of which were in three days.

Friday: 11:58am
Saturday: 11:30pm
Sunday: 11:48am

You can see the pattern in mine. :)

Regarding other rares being up: Its just a theory, and it's 3-5 rares up at a time. Don't leave storm peaks to kill rares! Camp camp camp. A friend was camping a second spawn for me, left to kill rares, and less than 10 minutes later TLPD spawned at the point she was watching and I missed it as I was not on that path. Stay in Storm Peaks! If you must, see if you can get another friend to travel and look for them and murder them. :)

I also recommend setting up a rig to stay logged in game with NPCscan running while you are asleep! There are two ways that I know of to do this.

1. Set up an analog clock with a second hand; take the face off it and tape an inch wide piece of paper etc. to the second hand, making it wide enough and close enough to the glass to be visible by a laser mouse when it goes by. Replace the glass. Have something heavy and small (I used batteries, and a friend used a roll of dimes) to tape to your left mouse button to keep it pressed down. Set up your mouse on the clock with the button pressed down, make sure your camera twitches when the second hand goes around, and voila!

2. This is easier but it involves white noise and I havn't actually tried it myself. Get a piece of paper, place your laser mouse on it, and use a fan to blow on the paper, causing it to vibrate and keep your laser always moving.

Its very helpful to get an extra 8-10 hours camping in while sleeping. I rode on my HH mount (so it didn't have noise), turned down my music and ambience, and had sound (including NPCscan) cranked! It works. :)
Might consider doing that if camping him gets to Hard. 5% chance of TLPD spawning? Yikes... reconsidering trying for this guy... but he's so pretty. My strategy is going to be logging on every so often to check, and maybe camping for a while every so often if I have something to do.

*crosses fingers*

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Gumballs wrote: 2. This is easier but it involves white noise and I havn't actually tried it myself. Get a piece of paper, place your laser mouse on it, and use a fan to blow on the paper, causing it to vibrate and keep your laser always moving.
I <3 you sooooooo much! :hug:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

I know people mentioned lower spawn times, I would simply (for sanity's sake) put him in the realm of 6-12 hours.

To quote what I put up on WOWhead a few weeks ago:
"If you're by yourself, I recommend camping the Frozen Lake spawn point, this spot covers 3 of the possible paths, and it also includes one direct spawn point. Problem is that you'll miss entirely the Brunnhildar Village spawn point. I got most of my information before camping from tlpdresource.com, the guy who makes it is obsessed (probably a understatement) over this drake and the new Cata-one as well.

Couple things for the camp:

Expect to see Vyragosa....ALOT. I killed Vyra either 11 or 12 times before even seeing TLPD. TLPD spawns roughly 1 out of 15 or 16 Vyras (according to some people) so it may be a while till you finally see a Golden dragon rather than the Blue guy.

NPC scan will go off 1-2 seconds before a dragon spawns. I camped the Frozen Lake spot and two different times Vyragosa spawned directly on me. NPCSCAN will go off and it takes a second or two for you to be able to see/target Vyra (i've seen him appear right in front of me).

If you download NPCSCAN and NPCSCAN overlay, I recommend having your speakers up loud, turn down ambience/music, and simply go do other things around the house. Play xbox, watch tv, socialize with others, etc. It helps make it much less tedious because this camp can make A LOT of your TIME LOST.

Also most of the spawn times for Vyra (eventually TLPD) were around 8-11 hours. I remember one around 630 and another was 13ish. I know I could have missed some being only there by myself (and if a brunnhildar spawn would have happened) but thats what i remember going through. Overall its "mostly" safe to assume that it'll be at least 6 hours, even though I've heard of other reports of a shortened timer since Cata, I didn't experience this though (please comment if you've seen under 6 hours).

Expect to go moderately crazy. You may start to name trees. You may even start to have RP conversations with trees. Anything is possible when it comes to losing your mind.

My kill I was fortunate to be sitting at the Frozen Lake and he came southbound from the Vykrul village just northwest of me. I believe he would have been a Ulduar spawn and made it all the way down to where I was, I am just fortunate that since Cata hit, theres generally very little traffic in Storm Peaks.
Heres my rantings of my forum topic (if you want to read for insight/motavation)
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=7343
I ended up killing Vyragosa 11 times before even seeing TLPD. 1st time was the charm though :)

Good luck! Stay on the frozen lake!
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Ok so im not gonna camp at night anymore... the person i grouped up with said he moved into my spot (previously his spot tho lol..) and caught Vyragosa at 4:30am, i was disconnected around 3:30am because my internet provider is Shaw and they have really been sucking the last couple months. >_>;; Least i got a very good sleep lol.

Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

You think seeing him dead twice is bad ...

At 6 times here. I know I missed him at least one of those times by minutes, and I think at least one other time I missed him by minutes as well. Anyway, good luck :)

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

I'm gonna try and camp, turn the sound way up, and read or paint or something. Hopefully at least one of them will spawn.

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Attachments
TLPD-Y-U-NO-SPAWN.jpg
TLPD-Y-U-NO-SPAWN.jpg (34.35 KiB) Viewed 2847 times

Death leads to life
Life leads to death

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

xD /pat pat Paw, how many Vyragosa spawns have you seen since the camp?

Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Since I first started? 2

Today, none. I almost feel sad XD

Death leads to life
Life leads to death