"Where are you, rare mounts?" Magic Luck Thread

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Re: "Where are you, rare mounts?" Magic Luck Thread

Unread post by Varethyn »

Anzu, give it up already. I've been fighting you for 2 years now and I'm sick of the sight of you. Just give me your damned mount.
And Poseidus. You were late. AGAIN.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Isjaki
Realm: Eu-Teldrassil

Unread post by Isjaki »

Dear Mr. Poseidus,

i'm still mad at you, you did it again...

you're a bad, baaaad seahorse!
Zenali
Realm: Stormscale, Shattered Halls

Unread post by Zenali »

Dear Green Proto-Drake,

My boyfriend has you on two characters, and my friend also on two. I could show you love far better than either of them could. You would look gorgeous with my purple hair. Oracles are cute but I'd really like to work on rep with the Puppymen. Please come to me and we can fly off into the Sholozar sunset.

Love, Zenali.
Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by Phaul578 »

Come on TLPD and Altarius...give up your mounts so I can sleep please, thanks! Love ya...I have chocolate!
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Clearly the magic doesn't work for me.

Anzu: I hate your guts. Give me your stupid bird mount so I can finally be rid of you.

Poseidus: You've not only missed all our dates but forgot my birthday too. We're through.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Come on, Midnight, I've been killing you for weeks now and yes, I do see that troll face you give me every time I loot you and your reins aren't there. So stop being such a meanie and please let me take your reins? I promise to take mighty good care of them, I do.

And Skadi, when I get round to killing you more often too, please don't hesitate in dropping those Proto-Drake reins. Please.

And you too, Time-Lost. Camping for Aeonaxx may have been long and hard but I'll be coming after you sooner or later, so let's get this over and done with asap, kay?

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Back to farming mounts! I'm at 84, but I can still get a bunch of easy ones... If I only include hard to get ones, I only need 14! (That includes Argent Tourny and PvP mounts.)
Well?
Polar Bear! Drop! Please!
And Green Proto Drake! You finally showed yourself to my troll.. How about my dwarf? Eh?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Dear Blue Proto Drake, please accept me as your friend and rider. I find it rather annoying to fly our to Northrend to try and find you, then miss the Time-Lost Proto Drake and find his corpse like I did today.

Dear Time-Lost Proto Drake, c'mon, I'm sure you can wait a little bit longer to spawn, just 'til I get there! If you do, I'll make sure you're never lost again. :)

Dear Green Proto Drake, I'm getting closer to revered with the Oracles, could you make this simple by hatching from the first egg I buy? My favorite color is green but I lack a green colored mount that I love, and I would LOVE you!

Dear Midnight, you're the most awesome pony ever. Why? Because you have fangs! Night Elves have some decently sharp canines as well, how about a partnership?

Dear Sea Turtle, you have been fished up by my two alts, how about my main?

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Dear.....ALTARIUS...210 TIMES AND YOU'RE STILL WILING TO TAKE A BEATING, PLEASE MAKE ME STOP AND GIVE IT UP ALREADY!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Phaul578 wrote:Dear.....ALTARIUS...210 TIMES AND YOU'RE STILL WILING TO TAKE A BEATING, PLEASE MAKE ME STOP AND GIVE IT UP ALREADY!
... Wow, and I thought my 65 runs for the Vitreous Stone Drake was bad. I just HAVE to wish you good luck! o.O

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Chaoyll wrote:
Phaul578 wrote:Dear.....ALTARIUS...210 TIMES AND YOU'RE STILL WILING TO TAKE A BEATING, PLEASE MAKE ME STOP AND GIVE IT UP ALREADY!
... Wow, and I thought my 65 runs for the Vitreous Stone Drake was bad. I just HAVE to wish you good luck! o.O
It's the curse of 12 runs in Stonecore and getting the drake from there that's doing it. He's teasing me, I'm at 215 now.
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Phaul578 wrote:
Chaoyll wrote:
It's the curse of 12 runs in Stonecore and getting the drake from there that's doing it. He's teasing me, I'm at 215 now.
You've just put me off from ever wanting to farm that drake now. :P

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Phaul578
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

220 and counting...but I've reduced my runs to 5 a day max. Takes me 40 minutes to do so now I don't obsess. 1 Setthek...1 UP...5 VP. If they never drop, no biggie.
Airwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Crusade (A)

Unread post by Airwyn »

Look Anzu, Kael'Thas and Skadi, I have been killing you guys for a long time now and I think it's time you drop your respective mounts for me. The firelands just opened up so i'm giving you guys a bit of a break while I camp pets. When I get back I really hope that there will be some shiny mounts waiting :)

Airwyn on Scarlet Crusade US

Amazing sig made by Ashaine! Thank you!

Zeilla8
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ravenholdt EU

Unread post by Zeilla8 »

I really, really hope this thread might help me get my Aeonaxx. I'm starting to think this is a camp I will never win. Tonight my NPC scan went off and it was finally my beautiful drake and not that pesky bat. I instantly try clicking the NPC icon of him that comes up and couldn't target him. I flew around my camping area frantically and no drake in site. No other campers were out (that I saw) either. Today was my 25th day of camping. I'm here 12-18hrs every day with a few 24+ shifts. I cannot even express my heartbreak and dismay at loosing him tonight. This is only the second time that I have EVER seen him.

We get the patch in the EU in a few hours and I'm hoping against hope that he will be there waiting for me when I log in when servers restart.

Thanks for listening, sorry for the vent/rant. Keep your fingers crossed for me please!

WoW Hunter vids, Vlogs and Cooking!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeilla8
Arrol
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by Arrol »

GL Zeilla. i havnt seen much of you on the forums lately!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Christ, Zeilla, that's harsh. And I thought my eight days of waiting, around 12 hours every day, was bad. I didn't see him once until he finally spawned and I grabbed him. But don't ever give up no matter what, because it'll just make it the biggest waste of time ever. And it's worth it just to feel that rush of adrenaline and wash over of relief when you're finally chipping down Aeonaxx's health bar.

Good luck!

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Zeilla8
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ravenholdt EU

Unread post by Zeilla8 »

Thanks for the support and empathy. :) I wrote a ticket last night to see if I couldn't find out WHAT happened. I don't need to know who got him, but just what went on. The GM said that my addons may have been malfunctioning. He could not see that Aeonaxx had been killed in the last 24 hours. So either NPC scan was playing a prank (a very evil prank) on me or Aeonaxx spawned on some lowbees head and the lowbee died instead of killing him and Aeonaxx despawned again. I have to say I do take some satisfaction in the fact that no one else has had the privileged of owning him!

I'm going to still camp, but just not as rigorously as I was before. Think I'll sit out here for a bit at a time and do a BG and then then sit again. Thanks again for listening!

<3 Z

WoW Hunter vids, Vlogs and Cooking!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeilla8
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Server restarts are in 15 minutes...if there's indeed any luck here, I could use it for Aeonaxx! <3 A last minute spawn would be thrilling. ^^
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Ok... I am convinced mounts must hate me.
The only mounts I have are ones that are purchasable with gold; night elf sabers, gryphons, the Traveler Tundra Mammoth, brown bear, and for some $'s I even have "sparkle pony."

I have camped hours upon hours for TLPD and Aeonaxx. I have searched Uldum several times without finding any figures, let alone one that would actually work. I have killed Skadi many times but no drake. Every couple days I buy a new egg from the Oracles, but no luck there either. I've done the cata dungeons that drop the other stone drake mounts lots of times as well, but I haven't even seen one drop before. Heck I even ran the raid with the belf boss that drops the phoenix mount once. I have never ever seen a mount drop or a rare spawn corpse. It's actually quite infuriating (or depressing, either way >.>)

I should not wish people luck. I am mount bane! :(

Sorry about my rant, I had to vent >.< anyway, WoW gods, give me a mount! Any mount! Please? D: