Kuraine ♥'s Her Mounts!! - Quitting WoW.

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Re: Kuraine ♥'s Her Mounts!! - Quitting WoW.

Unread post by Atalanta »

Have fun Kurry, which is the most important thing. :) I'll miss you too.

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Ooo! GW2! I'ma looking forward to that!!! :3
Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Meggers wrote:I'll probably be playing GW2 as well, I can't wait till it comes out!
It's an amazing game from the 30 minutes of demo time I got to play. They've taken everything bad about MMOs and made them amazing. WoW really needs to update and fast if it ever wants to be as good as some of the MMOs coming out these days. (Apart from Rift, that was a terrible game, lol) I think if WoW ever stopped asking for a monthly fee I might come back though.

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I know someone who plays rift and it looks LAME. D: WoW isn't going anywhere. Rift has the 2nd most players worldwide... WoW has the first. Rift has around 10,00 players. WoW? 11 MILLION.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I played RIFT, it wasn't that bad I actually had a good guild but they all started fighting with eachother and drifting apart so that killed it for me and I quit. XD

I do have a guild wars account and I need to go back and work on more of my HoM points/achievements so I can get more GW2 rewards.

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main ... MsQAAAAAAA

So much left to do, but I got hacked and they can't restore items so I haven't been able to get myself into it again. xD luckily the hacker was dumb and left a lot of things but I had a lot of plat so blah. I wasn't even a hardcore player. :/
ImageImage
Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

Cyas Kuraine - take care and good luck in whatever you choose to do! :hug: I will miss you! x <3

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising

Echo
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Echo »

Aww good luck in your future gaming! :) and I hope one day you come back to WOW. :hug: thanks for your support in my TLPD hunt :)

I want to play GW's too when it come out!! :D

1 TLPD-Oct 16th 2011 (63 days of camping)
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

If I ever do come back, I'll let you guys know. :) I've cancelled my sub now and it'll run out on October 14th, so I've still got some time.

The chances of me coming back are slim though. Now I've cancelled my WoW sub, I can pay for XBL instead, which I'm a lot more interested in atm. I've played WoW for three or so years now and so the game is getting a little old to me. Unless they remove the subscription fees as I said before, I doubt I'll be back. Or unless I see massive improvements in the game, which I also doubt will happen. Personally I think they need to start a new game, a kind of 'WoW 2' thing. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for WoW updates and I'll still be collecting the merchandise and books as I do. I love the figure collections and the lore for the game, I just don't feel I should pay for something I'm not interested in right now. Guild Wars 2 really opened my eyes to that.

So good luck everyone in your lives as well as your pet and mount hunting. :)

The Stables - 110 Mounts

meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

:hug: We'll miss you Kuraine. Have fun with XBL.
I myself have thought of quitting WoW, and I am also close to speaking I am playing Minecraft more.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

I'm also considering playing LoL with my boyfriend. I've never looked into Minecraft properly as I never thought it would interest me.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

Oh man, you have to have a very good outlook on life to deal with the LoL community, I swear its worse than WoW. I played that when it first came out of beta and I liked it a lot but its 100% competitive and that tends to bring the worst out in people.
ImageImage
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

I'll only be playing with my boyfriend and his friends. :P Plus I never care about randoms on these games anyway, I ignore them because they're all idiots and not worth bothering with.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Meggers

Unread post by Meggers »

They are they just frustrate the hell out of me especially when they try to make you lose, bah!

I hope you still hang out from time to time and chat! I know I've had a few "quitting forever" breaks of a year but I end up coming back again. Its really good to take breaks from things for a while to help you enjoy them again when/if you do come back.
ImageImage
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

There is nothing fun about WoW anymore though. :P I considered leaving ever since Cata came out, and I've finally made my mind up.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Atalanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Daggerspine/Frostwhisper EU

Unread post by Atalanta »

You don't raid or PvP? I find that if I'm not active in one or both of those things, the game quickly becomes very boring and chore-like to me. If I wasn't raiding, I'd definitely quit and find something else to play as rare hunting and playing alts can quickly become very old.

Druid // Hunter

"There is only one God and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today."

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

What about trying another server on another faction? sometimes that refreshes the feel of the game for me :)

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I got bored on Feralclaw for a bit and made an alt on Nesingwary. Felt great to start fresh!
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Guys, I don't think you get it. I'm NOT paying for this game anymore. It's a waste of money. I'm never going to pay monthly fees to play a game ever again. I did raid, I did PvP, I did almost everything, but nothing is fun anymore. It's all samey and boring and so, so repetitive and the only people that can raid Firelands properly are those top raiding guilds that spend half their lives on that game. I don't want to spend half of my life on that game, but I wanted to raid. But for casual raiders like me, it isn't possible. And I don't want them to make raids easier for us after certain periods of time, I want to be able to do all the new and fresh gameplay when it comes out.

I'm honestly afraid to say it, and I don't want to sound snarky or cocky when I say it, but since I study Games Development at college and aim high for uni courses to do with the topic next year, I have to know lots about games. Especially about new and fresh games and lots of things about them. Since I'm interested in MMOs, I kept my eye on up and current ones. I wasn't impressed at all with RIFT. It was just old-WoW with a cover of new and shiny graphics. To anyone who played it without having played WoW before I'm sure it could be alright, but it was the same old thing again only with MORE boring and easy quests. TOR looks alright, but I'm not a Star Wars fan therefore won't be playing it. I have watched gameplay of it before though and the PvP system especially looks wonderful. But Guild Wars 2... Now, Guild Wars didn't impress me at all. The whole world basically being instanced was a major put-off. But then I heard about Guild Wars 2... It sounded good. Really good. And once I got my hands on it to play it... I honestly couldn't believe my eyes. It was as if ArenaNet had been constantly browsing Blizzard's forums and actually reading what players had to say about WoW. What was good, what was bad. I'm not comparing WoW to GW2 here, what I'm saying is that Blizzard, no matter how much they say they do, they DO NOT listen to what we want. Sometimes they'll observe our ideas and then they'll take those ideas and turn it into something THEY want and hope we'll be okay with that. And a lot of people are, because a lot of people suck up to Blizzard for what they are. The creators of the biggest MMO in the world. Biggest =/= best, mind you.

What ArenaNet has done is taken aspects of MMOs that we don't like so much and, not gotten rid of them, but changed them into something enjoyable. They've thought and planned and worked hard to make it something amazing. I hate questing. It's a big part of any MMO, but I always hated it. That half an hour of demo time spent on GW2 at Eurogamer this time was packed full of questing, and I LOVED it. Not only were most of the quests new, original and exciting and REALLY envolving with the player, but even the simple 'collect x of these' quests were made to be REALLY fun. No joke. It's kind of a 'you have to play it to understand it' experience, which is why I'm telling everyone know to seriously consider this game. You don't have to move from WoW to GW2, that's not what I'm saying, play WoW all you like but consider GW2 as well. Oh, there will be no monthly fee for it as well when it's released.

The reason though that I am leaving WoW for GW2, despite no additional fee for me being required, is that GW2 opened my eyes to what WoW really is like. 6 years now of the same game... And barely anything has changed. If anything, it's gotten worse. If you want to raid, your guilds expect you to do 7 dungeons a week, and this is just a simple example. 7 dungeons every week. And there's two dungeons to be doing. TWO. The same two, over and over and over and over. Not just that, but the graphics. They say that they'd like to keep people with older computers at bay, but that's a terrible excuse. They need to stop sucking up to the minor demographic of the game and apply better and more up to date graphics. It's a simple thing, but people WILL play the game more if the graphics looked nicer. I'm not saying the new models are bad, actually, since I think they're nice. They have a stylised look to the game that makes it unique. But the problem is that they're not updating everything along with it. Some player models look totally out of players next to other players or in certain armour sets. The trees look like they're made of five pixels whereas the water is perfection now.

This isn't a 'She'll come back to WoW. They always do.' kinda thing. I know what I'm doing. I'm not ragequitting. I'm looking at what is best, and it took me over six months of thinking to come down to this. WoW isn't important to me anymore. It's a game. An old game. As I've said a good few times, I would consider coming back if they made it a free to play game. But the thing is... They're not going to. Blizzard don't like to think that their game is failing and if they remove the subscription fees it'll become apparent to the entire world that they're failing, despite the fact we already know.

WoW won't be here forever. And neither will I. I need to move on to better, new and fresh games while I can. Not only because I want to, but, hopefully, one day it might be my job to.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

the only people that can raid Firelands properly are those top raiding guilds that spend half their lives on that game. I don't want to spend half of my life on that game, but I wanted to raid. But for casual raiders like me, it isn't possible. And I don't want them to make raids easier for us after certain periods of time, I want to be able to do all the new and fresh gameplay when it comes out.
Totally not true. You're in the wrong guild then. I lead a casual raiding guild. Last night we got 40% on Rag. But we also like to prove the haters wrong. :D

I do ''get it'' but I'd rather not see you leave the game. There's always something to do, always. You'll be missed, and I'm really sad you and I never really talked.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Zhuge
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Kul'Tiras (EU)

Unread post by Zhuge »

I respect why you're leaving hun, but I do agree with Nili - theres always something to do, and I also don't think that just because you aren't hardcore means you can't achieve anything! I also love proving the haters wrong, it feels good :3

I envy you're college course! I want to work in game design, but I can't afford the £10k fee for the 2 year course in my area -_-" (and thats with reductions if I use the 'first of the family into higher education grant'!) Uni's n colleges don't 'do' video games round here - tutors at my college were shocked when we (me and 2 mates) used to discuss WoW and our game career ambitions in history and classics - they didn't understand the popularity or size of the game market xD

I tend to break up my WoW time with other games, so for the last few months I've been having time off to complete some achieves on RE5 and AC2 :3 This way I don't feel like I'm burning myself out online, nor am I logging on just to say hi, as the little breaks mean theres something to do when I do get online! TBH its ppl who feel the need to complete everything all in one go that have spoilt WoW imo - Blizz feel like they need to keep shipping out updates harder and faster to accomodate the no-lifers who now sit in capital cities lamenting that Raggy is down :roll:

Have fun, good luck and take care :3 You will be sadly missed, I'm sad too that we didn't get to chat more, we seem to have alot in common! <3

Click to enter my lair

Zakarya on Flight Rising