Mount Acomplishment Thread

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Re: Mount Acomplishment Thread

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Been working on Pandaria rep mounts (I didn't play much during that xpac). Now to decide which mount to work towards next. Probably a shadopan tiger, since I'm revered with them.

I love this direhorn mount!

Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

It was already 1 and a half week ago, that Finduilas also could add a flaming chicken to her collection! Yay, member of the club!
Now I only have to farm the ground mount (which I was originally after).

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Since finding out it was possible for hunters to solo Horridon (and possibly further - not got the gear for that myself) I've been attempting it myself. Not 5 kills later (23 total including guild runs when ToT was current content)...

Pretty darn pleased :) Now to figure out how to solo Council and onwards so I can farm Ji-Kun :lol:

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

Oh, very cool, Varethyn! Congrats! Is there a particular guide you'd recommend for those of us wanting to try to solo? I haven't looked into it, but if it can be done, I'll add it to my weekly legacy raid roster. I absolutely adore the Horridon mount and can never manage to convince my guildies to run ToT again.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wow congrats Vare! I had no idea that was possible, I may have to give it a shot myself some time. :)
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Thank you both :D

I found a post on Warcraft Hunter's Union that briefly describes how to solo some MoP bosses. Horridon's really quite easy once you get the hang of it, just bring a Tenacity-specced tank pet and some decent gear (I started soloing him at ~ilvl640 and currently have 664 but it might be doable with lower gear and some good survivability skills).

I start by bursting him where he stands, then drag him over to the first door when it is about to open. I personally like to keep my pet on Assist to help with the trash but it might be easier to avoid the double-swipe if you put it on defensive/passive and Move To near the door. Misdirect and focus the small adds when they come out; they can easily be AoE'd along with Horridon. Same with Dinomancers - be ready to interrupt their heals to keep Horridon from getting too high, though if he gets close to 30% later on and you're worried about Jalak coming down don't be afraid to let the 'mancers heal him a bit. Remember to pick up the orbs the 'mancers drop!

The third door is where you want to be careful as the small adds that come through the door apply a nasty stacking 5 minute debuff that deals damage to you if they manage to melee hit you. They need to be kited and nuked fast as they tend to fixate on you, but if you're far enough away they should run for your pet instead. If you do get hit try not to let your stacks get too high or they'll kill you fast. Bring potions just in case.

Once all four doors are broken get ready to misdirect Jalak when he jumps down once Horridon reaches 30%. He hits hard and Horridon enrages when he dies, so also be ready to revive your pet, but he dies pretty quickly so burst him out of the way then finish Horridon.

If you need tips on Jin'rokh too it's pretty simple. Pet tanks, and avoid the Focused Lightning when it reaches you. Be sure to spam misdirection though - I always have aggro issues wherein he'll randomly come over and attack me instead, which is not good because if he grabs you the fight will reset. He can't grab and throw your pet. No water pools for extra damage will spawn though but he will still cast Lightning Storm. The damage is pretty low though especially if you use Spirit Bond.

As for glyphs and talents, I use Spirit Bond and Glyphs of Mending and Misdirection. You'll need the extra healing and misdirect spam. Exhilaration and Glyph of Liberation might work too if you need to quickly heal yourself and your pet.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh wow vare thats impressive!! I will have to try that sometime :) Enjoy your gorgeous dino!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel

Just had a VERY lucky night! :D And ran into a familiar face~

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kalhoun »

I just woke up and logged on to do Garrison chores (about 7:30am), hadn't had my tea yet, was not awake. Checked the Custom LFG panel to see what Trader was up and saw a group titled "POUNDFIST IS UP ON MY REALM!" I proceeded to have a fit and a half as I mashed keys, joining the group and began flailing my way to Gorgrond. I threw myself into the tunneler outside of my garrison and then feathered through the air, freaking out the entire way.

My hubby came out of the bathroom, as he was preparing to go to work, and I think I shouted something incoherent about fists and pounding and mounts at him.

Pretty sure I was the last person to get there before they pulled.

And I ran into Veph! What a crazy morning.

Still not totally awake... lol!
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Thanks for the Horridon guide, Vare! I will have to give this a shot. Fingers crossed!

And many congrats to the Poundfisters! How wild that you'd randomly find another Petopian. That's very cool!

I've noticed a distinct lack of Poundfist groups in the group finder lately... or any real mount-finding groups, for that matter. Used to see all sorts of advertisements for MoP world boss tours, and now they're few and far between. Even Ruhkmar is a wasteland...
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Uhh thanks for the guide :D

pulled myself together and got Glory of the Cataclysm Hero

hardest one was the rockbreaker in blackrock caven.. can be 2 manned so i duelboxxed with husbands char for this

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Got Silthide this morning. I think I now have all of the Draenor rare mounts.

Vephriel

i'm too exhausted to do anything but sob incoherently and praise the gods that this camp is over with
voidtalon portal spawned for me on my draenei this morning after the rolling restarts
i took a chance and it paid off
i'm honestly crying i'm so relieved i've been losing sleep for 3 weeks over this dumb mount that i told myself i wouldn't even try to get

Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

Grats Vephriel!! The relief is huge, enjoy your mount and not having to worry about it anymore! :)
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Hooray! Congratulations Vephriel!

Had a few strokes of luck here myself these past two days...

Experiment 12-B, so hideous. I love it.

Not quite sure how I found the print screen key as my eyes were bugging out of my head.

How I felt... OMG OMG OMG~ :D

A purple shiny all my own!
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Vephriel!! Congratulations oh my goodness! I'm so happy for you. I felt so bad when you said you missed it!
Hope you get lots of enjoyment with the purple birdy!

s1ncer1ty, congrats to you too! I love that dragon and you got a purple bird too! Yay!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Grats on the purple chicken, guys! \o/
Vephriel

Thank you guys!!! And congrats s1ncer1ty, I know exactly how you felt. ;u;

Some better images now that I'm awake again.

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Grats Veph! Just the other day, I was just wondering whether or not you'd had any luck with that. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

Pretty! I love your gif Veph!

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."