Switching factions and how it affects mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Switching factions and how it affects mounts

Unread post by Redith »

So weird question. With the new faction swap I was wondering do we keep our mounts? For example---
As a night elf who becomes a blood elf do I loose my tiger and it becomes a hawkstrider?
Saturo

Re: Switching factions and how it affects mounts

Unread post by Saturo »

Your mounts will change into the other factions mounts. It's the same for tabards and PvP weapons.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

Funny thing, the night that race change came out in EU, i changed my Night Elf into a Draenei and one of the things i was doing then was rep grinding at the argent tournament and i hadn't got exalted with Exodar or Darnassus, both were revered and the first thing i done was check my mounts. When they done the mount changes they added a new saber mount for level 20's, the striped dawnsaber. The striped dawnsaber doesn't have an equivalent for any other Alliance faction, so i was a Draenei revered with Darnassus with one of their mounts.

Unless this hasn't been fixed, the same happens if you are a Tauren with a white kodo and race change to any other Horde faction.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

The official WoW site has a nice listing of what becomes what. You can find it on the Faction Change page, under the Mounts tab. A note on the bottom says:
** Some races have three varieties of the normal-speed mounts (require 75 riding skill), while others have four. During a faction change, you may receive a random normal-speed mount of a race in your new faction to accommodate this disparity. Your total number of mounts will be unaffected by a faction change.
There is also an odd quirk where some neutral mounts actually have two versions, one with red trappings (Horde) and one with blue (Alliance). Apparently, if you faction change with one of those, you keep the old (now inappropriate) version and can also buy the new version as well.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I'm curious about one thing... If you go from Horde to Alliance and you have a Vemonhide Ravasaur... Those that Ravasaur become a Winterspring Frostsaber, or do you loose it?

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm pretty sure the Ravasaur becomes the Frostsaber, it was put into the game to even out the Winterspring Alliance mount.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yup, what Veph said. At least I got a ravasaur when I switched my rogue over.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Well damn. Since the Ravasaur grind is so easy, I'd almost assume people who have a lot of money of their hands would faction change to Horde, get the Ravasaur, then switch back to Alliance. BAM, easy to get Frostsaber.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

My paladin has the sabe for that reason sadly but I did not do it just for that.. My horde guild was very...rough at times and I found myself outof place with them on the server I was on so I returned to my server and had a human pally to my suprise I had the saber.

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!