Flying Before 60?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Flying Before 60?

Unread post by Acherontia »

Heya folks! I've been away from WoW for a few months. I just came back; wondering how people are flying before level 60.

They seem to be using the sparkleponies, and are in their 50s. I wasn't aware (and can't find info) that people could fly before 60! What's up with this?
Britany
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Kargath (US)

Re: Flying Before 60?

Unread post by Britany »

Are you sure they're flying? The sparkleponies can be used as ground mounts too. As far as I know, that's not possible.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nope, definitely flying, seen it in Org and in UC. 100%. Must be an exploit :lol:

P.S. I wasn't drunk (I double-checked) in-game, so their levels were definitely not 60 :)
AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Acherontia wrote:Nope, definitely flying, seen it in Org and in UC. 100%. Must be an exploit :lol:

P.S. I wasn't drunk (I double-checked) in-game, so their levels were definitely not 60 :)
hmm that's weird, got any screenshots ?
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Believe it or not, no :lol: Considering I get thousands of everything else, I'm surprised at my failure here lol.

The level 54 rogue landed on one of the walls of the UC courtyard and started his HS when I went to screenshot it, so he'd dismounted by the time I thought of it : /
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Were you drunk in game? That makes people's levels look lower than they really are.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

what doomcookie said! also if you use a tooltip addon (like Tiptac) and the person you are targeting has unspent talent points, it will show them as being lower level than they are.

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If you look at my above comment--nope, wasn't drunk :P And no, I don't use any addons. They were definitely flying, and definitely below 60.
Loki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Loki »

There are a few achievements that grant flying. I guess they could be completed under Lv 60 ?

Avatar made by the awesome LupisDarkmoon. Tameable giraffes please!

Pets Wishlist:
Goats
Yaks
Shoveltusks
Stags
Talbuks/Gazelles
Giraffes!

WoD and Legion best expansions! 6 down, 1 to go!

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Loki wrote:There are a few achievements that grant flying. I guess they could be completed under Lv 60 ?
Loki wrote:There are a few achievements that grant flying. I guess they could be completed under Lv 60 ?
Really? O.o Which ones?

I know long, strange trip grants Violet Proto-Drake & master flying, but I thought you needed a high lvl to get that one done? Like, actual heroic TBC dungeon access, or something along those lines (level-restricting)? What else is there :O
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Interesting. Were they on standard windrider mounts or something else?

A couple possibilities spring to mind:
-Could they have been aboard an X52 nether rocket as a passenger and you just didn't see the other character piloting it?
-Are there any quests that give you free a non-taxi ride to UC or Org? I know that there's one in Northern Barrens from Nozzlepot's out but that goes to the southwest corner of the zone There's also one from Burning Steppes that takes you to SoS. I don't recall seeing any that take you to UC or Org though.
-way back in Vanilla, there was a lag-induced bug that could get you when on a taxi flight. Once the flight landed, you were stuck on the wyvern with no way to get off and unable to log out of WoW. You had to pretty much kill WoW and restart it. Unless you did that, you looked to others as if you were flying (though you could only travel on the ground). Annoyingly, if someone reported you, GM's would ban you for an exploit. Had that happen to a friend who couldn't figure out how to get off. I've not heard of that bug since Vanilla though.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Nah, as mentioned in the OP, they were both on sparkleponies, and definitely manually flying--one landed to hearthstone on top of the UC walls.