Mists of Pandaria Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
yaginoashi
Realm: Uldaman

Re: New MOP Mounts Inc

Unread post by yaginoashi »

sqeeeeee!
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Looks like the Onyx panther is Alliance Only.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Jessibelle wrote:Looks like the Onyx panther is Alliance Only.

Well Alliance doesn't get cool mounts often, so that means the Horde must have a REALLY awesome mount. XD

But seriously, so I read the cloud serpent is the pandaren mount. According to this post:
"The Pandaren have trained and raised these cloud serpents as mounts. Would you like one of your own? Of course you would! You can work with these guys over the course of 20 days or so to raise your own cloud serpent. You find an egg, choose what color of cloud serpent you want, then you will get a tiny pet cloud serpent with you for a while. You will have to do daily quests with it to train and raise him until you get a full size dragon that you can ride, then you have to train your cloud serpent by doing some more quests until you have finally trained your cloud serpent which you can ride around all of Pandaria. One of the things you will have to do is race through stone pillars. There will be Pandaren in the stands, cheering you on as you come roaring across the finish line. That is just one of the things you can do at max level."

That does mean non-pandaren can get one right? I want to make sure before I get too excited.

Talaridan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard (US, Horde)

Unread post by Talaridan »

!!!! :shock: :cry:

Awww. That makes me sad. I mean, not end of the world depressed, but damn...

I liked that mount and usually I'm not even fond of cat-mounts.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

O.O *looks at cloud serpent* squeeeee! *dives into the thread of fainting couches* I can die happy if i get the black one.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Rikaku wrote:

Well Alliance doesn't get cool mounts often, so that means the Horde must have a REALLY awesome mount. XD

But seriously, so I read the cloud serpent is the pandaren mount. According to this post:
"The Pandaren have trained and raised these cloud serpents as mounts. Would you like one of your own? Of course you would! You can work with these guys over the course of 20 days or so to raise your own cloud serpent. You find an egg, choose what color of cloud serpent you want, then you will get a tiny pet cloud serpent with you for a while. You will have to do daily quests with it to train and raise him until you get a full size dragon that you can ride, then you have to train your cloud serpent by doing some more quests until you have finally trained your cloud serpent which you can ride around all of Pandaria. One of the things you will have to do is race through stone pillars. There will be Pandaren in the stands, cheering you on as you come roaring across the finish line. That is just one of the things you can do at max level."

That does mean non-pandaren can get one right? I want to make sure before I get too excited.
It sounds more like the Wintersaber/Ravasaur mounts. I think the Pandaren mounts will be the dragon turtles. Plus it says you do it at Max level too.

I'm half expecting the Horde to get a gem raptor, heh, with the way they seem to do equivalent things (Wintersaber/Ravasaur; the ZG mounts).
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

SylviaDragon wrote:O.O *looks at cloud serpent* squeeeee! *dives into the thread of fainting couches* I can die happy if i get the black one.
AFAIK the black one is just an NPC, probably one of those two rare world bosses I recall being mentioned somewhere. They ARE supposed to drop mounts though. c:
ImageImage
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Rikaku wrote:

yes. at least thats what it sounds like.
the daily quest system for it sounds almost identical to the horde raptor mount and the winterspring sabre for alliance.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

Meggers wrote:
SylviaDragon wrote:O.O *looks at cloud serpent* squeeeee! *dives into the thread of fainting couches* I can die happy if i get the black one.
AFAIK the black one is just an NPC, probably one of those two rare world bosses I recall being mentioned somewhere. They ARE supposed to drop mounts though. c:
Ive seen black ones in the pandaren dragon-stable-thing staying next to a npc in livestream so i would imagen it to be a color to chose from.Or at least i would hope.

Dident they state that boss-drop mounts wouldnt simply be recolors but different models all togheter?

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Thanks for the info guys :D Oh I can't wait to see how that works now. I won't lie, I really liked the Horde's ravasaur quest dailies to 'raise' your mount. Wintersaber just made me run back and forth across Winterspring a million times.... not nearly as fun. XD

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rikaku wrote:Thanks for the info guys :D Oh I can't wait to see how that works now. I won't lie, I really liked the Horde's ravasaur quest dailies to 'raise' your mount. Wintersaber just made me run back and forth across Winterspring a million times.... not nearly as fun. XD
Well they did change it tho so it's the same as the Ravasaur (thank Primus!)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:
Rikaku wrote:Thanks for the info guys :D Oh I can't wait to see how that works now. I won't lie, I really liked the Horde's ravasaur quest dailies to 'raise' your mount. Wintersaber just made me run back and forth across Winterspring a million times.... not nearly as fun. XD

Did they? I got my Wintersaber years ago, so I haven't rightfully paid attention XD If that's true, BRB to go get it on my alts.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Rikaku wrote:
MaximumOverdrive wrote:

Did they? I got my Wintersaber years ago, so I haven't rightfully paid attention XD If that's true, BRB to go get it on my alts.
Yup. You raise a cub now...and get a photo of it with its first toy!

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Jessibelle wrote:
Rikaku wrote: Did they? I got my Wintersaber years ago, so I haven't rightfully paid attention XD If that's true, BRB to go get it on my alts.
Yeah, even though I had the wintersaber mount from the horrible grind, I did the cub quests just to experience them. It's actually much cuter than the corresponding ravasaur quests as you get to teach it to hunt rabbits, make toys for it to chase, etc. It's worth doing :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
Rikaku wrote: Did they? I got my Wintersaber years ago, so I haven't rightfully paid attention XD If that's true, BRB to go get it on my alts.
Yeah, even though I had the wintersaber mount from the horrible grind, I did the cub quests just to experience them. It's actually much cuter than the corresponding ravasaur quests as you get to teach it to hunt rabbits, make toys for it to chase, etc. It's worth doing :)
Yeah I did it on my main years ago, then did it on an alt recently....they're so adorable! I still have the pic too!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:
The grind was SO evil......xD

LisaaraPokefarm

Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Raiyen »

Okay so what I am assuming is the dragon/serpent mounts are the Pandarian version of the gryphons with the Alliance and the wind riders for the Horde. They just make you work for it via dailies versus throw on a tabbard and dungeon grind for faction rep. That way the dragonturtles are still mounts for the Pandarians. Makes sense now that I think about it. :P
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

MORE MOUNT COLORS!!!! <3

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I like the pink one.
Raiyen
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter