The mount(s) you ride the most

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

The mount(s) you ride the most

Unread post by Arwyn »

As you know thanks to the wonderful info compiled at Warcraftmounts.com there are more than 100 mounts a person can own.

But despite such a large amount of mounts one can have in their collection, which ground and/or flying mount do you find yourself summoning the most for your toons to ride?

And yes, for you who managed to fish up the sea turtle mount do you find yourself using it underwater?

For my tauren, when in flight free Azeroth and Dalaran I'll ride my Swift Grey Wolf. But when I'm in other parts of Northrend and even Shattrath I'll be riding and flying on my Celestial Steed.

For my NE though, I'll ride around Azeroth and Dalaran on my White War Talbuk. While riding and flying on my Bronze Drake around Northrend and Shattrath.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Re: The mount(s) you ride the most

Unread post by Kayb »

my ravasaur mount. worked my butt off for it. i know its probably one of the easier ones to get, but still, it took time. i love him
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

The mounts I use the most is my raptors. I <3 them.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

My druid uses her White Polar Bear 100% mount, and the Silver Covenant Hippogryph 280% mount. My hunter uses her Black War Bear 100% mount and the Onyx Nether Drake 280% mount. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I use my Time-Lost Proto-Drake for any flying unless I want a smaller mount out at the time and I use one of my many wolves for a ground mount. cx

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

Hmm on the ground I definatly use DeathCharger and my Black War Wolf most.
Sky, Blue drake, Green proto drake, swift purple windrider, and red drake. I alternate them, I can't love just one. =x
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

My main ground mount changes depending on how I'm feeling, and what my gear looks like at the time :D But it's normally the same one for about 2-4 weeks at a time. I am very partial to my raptors in general, but strangely some of the hawkstriders too, the Black pvp one mainly. They just seem like they go faster because of their little legs :lol:

Flying wise, It could be my red dragonhawk, Turbo flying machine, or green nether ray, to many choices. But If I have the need for speed, The Violet Proto always wins.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

For ground mount, usually my Cobalt Riding Talbuk or White War Talbuk. Sometimes my Swift Stormsaber or Mistsaber. For flying, either my green Nether Ray or Albino Drake.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Flying all I have is a snowt white gryphon. Still need 4k gold for epic flight. For land, all I had was the Eelk from exodar, but I finaaly got a smaller mount and have been using a black war mechanostrider the last week or so. I love the look of a draeni riding a mechanochicken.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

Well, recently i've been using my Celestial Steed for flying and ground. But before the celestial steed i was using my Argent Hippogryph for around 3 hours and then celestial steed hit the store! but before my hippogryph it was my albino drake for quite a few months.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Helio
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nessingwary (US)

Unread post by Helio »

Traveler's Tundra Mammoth... Hands down as my favorite mount of all time that I use non-stop... sometimes even when I have the option to fly...lol. Far as flying mounts go, I'll have to give it to my red drake... at least till I get my green protodrake... ohhh.. how do I dream!
Much thanks to Saturo for the awesome signature.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

Ximbols favorite mounts are the White bear, and white kodo.. for Flying it is her green proto drake and albino drake.

Bitka is lazy and only has her hawkstrider.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

For my main Nanyana it's the Razzashi Raptor and whichever of the dragons I feel like riding at the time.

On Subira it's Venomhide Ravasaur, haven't yet gotten her an awesome flying mount.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

For flying it would be my Green Proto Drake. Sometimes I use my Red Drake to switch it up a bit, but I love my proto. ^^ As for the ground mounts, well I have them summoned on random so I can't really say which I use the most. The purple undead warhorse is probably a favourite.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

I'm the proud owner of 108 mounts, so I worked hard for my Blue Dragonhawk. =) Her name is Sirena and I love her to bits. I use her for casual flying, but if I'm camping rare spawns or need to get somewhere in a hurry, I use my Violet Proto-Drake, not just for the fact that it's faster, but I LOVE the colour, it's a beautiful shade of pink/red. <3 Until the change in Cataclysm (if you have obtained a 310% mount it will automatically update all your other mounts to 310%, should you enable the option), I use my Proto-drake a little more than I like. =( Sirena is also a symbol, as I got the 100 mount achievement with my boyfriend, we worked very hard to collect all those mounts together!

As for my ground mount, I use my raptor from ZG! It's green, it's badass, and it suits my character VERY well. I especially love when BG bugs and Xena (my purple warpstalker) ends up running alongside me whilst I'm riding my raptor, it makes for a wonderful sight. Before I obtained my raptor however, my one mount was my Winterspring Frostsabre. I worked so hard at lvl 60 to obtain her. Once I saw one in Stormwind, I knew she would be mine. I used her all the way until level 80, until the raptor dropped. Still hoping for the Swift Zulian Tiger for my boyfriend so we can ride around matching!

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

Kittysawrus ... if its not flight form its either the green proto drake and if im not in cat form its always the sea turtle <3
Kairii depends Hog if im boosting or showing someone somwhere, BREWFEST RAM! hands down <3 flying ... red or purple nether ray depends on my mood or the celestial steed if someone on vent starts singing robot unicorn attack music :D
Tinkerfail ... hmm name says it all she never mounts up so she jsut has the basic trollin ones since she always in org dancing with 'robes of the insight' on a mailbox :x

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

On Sara, I love the horned mounts - talbuks and rams. I have a random macro, but with the brewfest ram and the AV ram (which I was insanely proud of considering how many emblems it used to be!!), not to mention the high number of talbuks, odds are always high that I get one or the other (my macro also has all my talbuks and rams and none of the gnome mounts and sabers). For flying, Sara uses either the purple proto drake or the star pony.

My druids always use flight form. Echo uses the grey saber as a ground mount and Onoka switches between the Ungoro raptor and the timber wolf from Orgrimmar.

My shammy uses her elekk. I started grinding her ambassador title to have other options since I'm not a fan of elekks, but lately it has grown on me... For flying she uses the star pony or the white gryphon.

I love my mounts, they definitely make a difference between characters. I'm really looking forward to getting my priest to 60, her carpet's in the bank, waiting for her. :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

For flying, it's my Violet Protodrake if I'm going somewhere fast, or my Sunreaver Dragonhawk if I'm just crusing.

For on the ground, it's a jumble. My Swift Olive Raptor, Swift Purple Raptor, Swift Zhevra, Swift Brewfest Ram, or White War Talbuk. =3

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Time Lost Proto-Drake for flying and my Mecho-hog on the ground

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

For my hunter- Black War Wolf for ground and my Blue Proto Drake for flying.

For my druid, I have my favorites and switch between them, but usually-
ground: 90% of the time it's my Raven Lord, but I'll use my Mechano-hog if I've got a friend around, otherwise, I'll switch it up if I need to actually fit through doorways, haha, like with a Swift Brown Wolf or the white skeletal horse from the tournament.

For flying, either just my swift flight form, Green Proto Drake or Cenarion War Hippogryph.. those are the most used.