What is your "default" mount set?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

What is your "default" mount set?

Unread post by Castile »

Hi gang, Just wondering if people have their own "default" mount set they go back to time and time again? We all have some very special mounts in our collections but is there 2 mounts you seem to gravitate back to? Either due to them being your favourite, senitmental stories or just looks better on your character :)

My ground default atm is my Slate Primorial Direhorn. Mainly cause it matches my pet and looks so "tanky" its the first I click on my ground mount bars:

My flying default is my Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher. I have alot of special drakes like Ony and South Wind but for some reason this is my default. I think because I wanted one since the moment I saw it in wrath and was so happy when I finally got that last chieve:

Can't wait to see everyone else's picks!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Re: What is your "default" mount set?

Unread post by Bonita »

My default ground mount is my Flametalon of Alysrazor. My default flier is my Onyx Cloud Serpent. Both of them are what I always click when I absentmindedly go to mount.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Um I like useing my Time-lost Proto drake. I'm so happy I did not camp it I flew past it! I also like useing my classic ZG raptor too.

But I tend to mostly use Guppet so I can use all the ones I have.
Mozag
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I seem to always end up flying on my Headless Horseman's Mount. It's one of the first mounts that ever made me go "wow" when I started this game, and I was so damn happy when I finally won it a few years back. It's been my pride and joy ever since. I also really like that it's narrow and doesn't have obnoxiously huge wings either side, obscuring my vision if I am searching for something. I love the drakes and dragons, and proto-drakes, I think there are a lot of fancier and perhaps even prettier mounts, but almost all my 90s are currently perched on their Headless Horseman's Mounts, so I guess it's my first and only love. :)

I change ground mounts a lot, and don't have any particular ones I ride. It depends on the day, my mood, my outfit, my pet or even on just a completely random decision.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

The Windsteed and Flying Disc are the two I've been using for flying. For ground mounts: water strider, red primal raptor, Qiraji tank, and Brewfest ram.
Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Sar »

Twilight Drake 25m Sarth 3d mount, and the Blue Shado-pan tiger. Both absolutely gorgeous :)
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Shadow
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kil'jaeden-A (US)

Unread post by Shadow »

I actually RP so it depends on the character.

Silver (Hunter) likes to either BE a dragon or goes for Vitreous Stone Drake, Twilight Harbinger, or Ashes of A'lar, and goes for my Spectral Tiger for her ground mount.

Angel (warrior) uses an Azure Drake for her flier and Crimson Deathcharger for her land mount (Probably because she's dating a DK. lol)

Shadow (Monk) likes the Flameward Hippogryph and uses her Fiery Warhorse for her ground mount.

Eveari (Priest) goes for a Spectral Tiger as well for a ground mount. She's also sharing a TLPD with Ares (Rogue) who rides a Zulian Panther otherwise.

For my raiding character, I just have a mod that rotates what mount I'm using. :>

Always be kind to your pets... or else.
When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning
And the future has passed without even a last desperate warning

Blog

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I use the Mount Helper addon which lets you choose a selection of mounts that will come up at random when you set a button for mounting. It works for both ground and flying mounts as well as water ones if you have any. I like not knowing which mount I'm going to be riding when I click the button.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Mozag wrote:I seem to always end up flying on my Headless Horseman's Mount.
Me too! Mostly because it's a silent flying mount, so I need it when I'm recording things. ;) Plus I have a soft spot for it!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I don't really have a "Default" set, I have too many toons, most with different pets. SO I try to give them each different default mounts.

However, that said, I've really fallen in love with the Red Floating Disk (or whatever it's called). I love that it has no "flight animation", which means no nausea-inducing waves, no "flap flap flap" sounds, no rumble of a badly-tuned gnomish engine, just... quiet.

But on one of my Hunter toons, Animale, my female Blood Elf huntress, She has the rare purple Tallstrider pet (Dustwing the Cowardly), the DMF Swift Forest Strider mount, and the Darkmoon Hatchling combat mini-pet.

I'm also obsessive about having her wear a skirt at all times... not easy finding decent-looking mail leg gear that is that "kilt" model.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

For my Main hunter Makoes, her default flying mount is "Sky Dancer" her Azure Cloud Serpent. And her ground mount is either the azure water strider, or the travelers tundra mammoth.

For my Main Monk, his default flying mount is "Drums O'War" his jade Cloud Serpent, he has the same default ground mounts (actually most of my toon's do since I have it on a rotation macro)

My Rogue is slated to do the next cloud serpent color, so his default flying will be the Golden one. Have not decided on a name for it yet. But his ground mount is the Raven Lord.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Hatari
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Hatari »

Back in BC, I fell in love with the Talbuks. After leveling, it was the first thing I did--start working on my Mag'har rep. In fact, I believe that was my first ever exalted reputation. I got them all, but the one I wanted most--the one I truly fell in love with, was the Tan Riding Talbuk. I used it as my default ground mount for years.

(Screenshot taken years ago. Note the gaudy BC mish-mash armor)

Lately, though, I've changed mounts a lot. I used the Red flying disc for a long time, as both ground and flying default. But, right now, my main ground mount is my Shado Pan Blue Tiger. It matches Baihu (my white tiger pet) perfectly.

As for the flying mount, my default is the Grand Armored Windrider, simply because it is small and functional. As a Tauren, using the big drakes can be problematic, especially in crowds and near vendors. We're so big we often block people, and I hate being rude. But I do so LOVE my drakes. And my favorite is my Azure Drake. The moment I saw it (in patch notes before Wrath came out), I was desperate to have it. Not being a real, formal raider, however, I knew I was destined not to have it. This made me very very sad, and for a long time, I rode my "substitute" drake, the albino (also a very lovely drake, btw). But, recently, I farmed Malygos and got my Azure. So, now, whenever I can, that's the one I use to fly around.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I use an addon to randomly choose between a few of my favorite mounts, so no screenshots for me! I'll just list the ones I switch between, heh. I can't limit myself to just one mount on my main; I feel like I'm ignoring the others!

Ground: Azure Riding Crane, Azure Water Strider, Blonde Riding Yak, Crimson Deathcharger, Fiery Warhorse, Golden Riding Crane, Great Brown & Great Red Riding Turtles, Grey Riding Yak, Mekigneer's Chopper, Quel'dori Steed, Raven Lord, Rivendare's Deathcharger, Spectral Steed, Stormpike Battle Charger, Swift Mountain Horse, Swift Springstrider, Swift White Hawkstrider aaaaaand Ultramarine Battle Tank.

Flying: Azure Cloud Serpent, Azure Drake, Drake of the North Wind, Drake of the West Wind, Jade Kite, Onyx Cloud Serpent, Phosphorescent Stone Drake, Sandstone Drake, Thundering August Cloud Serpent, Time-Lost Proto, Twilight Drake.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Serendipity82
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Serendipity82 »

My go to flying mount is the Twilight Drake.

I tend to rotate out my ground mounts, but I tend to favor the Talbuks and the Shado-Pan cats.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I use an addon that can randomly shuffle through mounts, but I usually only select a few to be put in the rotation. Most common ones I use for ground and flying are these guys:

Forsaken Warhorse, Dark War Talbuk, Swift Forest Strider
Image Image Image

Phosphorescent Stone Drake, Ironbound Proto-Drake, Onyx Cloud Serpent, Corrupted Hippogryph
Image Image Image Image

They're some of my personal favourites, but I do change it up every now and then. :)
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

For my flying mounts, I'm almost constantly switching between my Phosphorescent Stone Drake and my Feldrake. Ground mounts, Raven Lord and the Regal Riding Crane.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I think I need to get this add on people keep talking about! I have been ignoring alot of my other mounts lately and would be nice to switch it up occastionally...esp the one cow said with the mini pet too :D
hatari wrote:Back in BC, I fell in love with the Talbuks. After leveling, it was the first thing I did--start working on my Mag'har rep. In fact, I believe that was my first ever exalted reputation. I got them all, but the one I wanted most--the one I truly fell in love with, was the Tan Riding Talbuk. I used it as my default ground mount for years.
Me too actually! For a really long time my warriors fav mount was her Dark War Talbuk :) I was so proud getting it and at the time it was quite a feat to get all those dust tokens (plus 100 battle ones!!). I still think the talbuk's move the best out of all the ground mounts....there long gallop always enthralled me! You've inspired me to pull one onto my bars again :D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Back when I still played I had a macro that switched between my favorite/rare mounts, although each of my max level characters had a set of ground/flying mounts that where just theirs.

Wassa: Image Image Green/orange birds. I had so many rare mounts that I liked to show off on Wassa but these where my favorites.
Ptaysanwee: Image Image White themed.
Druid #1: Image Image My lucky druid: my only character with the retired Brewfest Ram and who found Time-Lost not once, not twice, but three times without ever camping for him. I rehomed the other two to friends.
Druid #2: Image Which switched to the horde colored bear when I faction changed her. Never had a flying mount though that matched her. Always used swift flight form anyways.
Warrior: Image Image Most alliancey mounts I could get since she was my only alliance after I faction changed druid #2.
DK: Image All the time!

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

My druid rides her Raven Lord when she's ground, and while she can bird form, unless I'm herb searching or lazy she's gonna be on her bronze dragon, Kozridormu. As for my hunter, she used the Flameward Hippogryph in Pandaria, but these days uses her Golden Cloud Serpent. My mage always uses her Cenarion Hippogrpyh.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

My druid uses the talbuks as her land mount, usually the cobalt war one, currently trying to get enough tokens for the Black war ones.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?