Armored Bloodwing almost certainly a Store mount?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Armored Bloodwing almost certainly a Store mount?

Unread post by Wain »

I would say now that this fancy new bat is almost certainly a Store mount.

I went to buy a Windsteed today and it brought up a bugged tag string including the text "armoredbloodwing".

The purchase worked as normal but I'd guess they're in the process of updating the code for the Bloodwing as well.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Armored Bloodwing almost certainly a Store mount?

Unread post by Castile »

Does this mean both alliance and horde get a bat? I can see some horde QQ over this...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Castilé wrote:Does this mean both alliance and horde get a bat? I can see some horde QQ over this...
I don't see why. The alliance mount equivalent of the horde Bat is the Hippogryph, and that is already available to both factions.
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Castilé: I can see some horde QQ over this...

I play both sides of the coin & I'm happy Alliance get a batty bat :)
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh I play alliance too and I'm happy for a bat...but i know some horde players who have wanted this for a very loooong time and I can see some crying over it being shared. As it stands I'm pretty sure theres more horde racial mount models available to alliance then there is alliance for horde...(if you get what i mean).

I could be totally off on this but thats my prediction ;)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Keep in mind this is all speculation. The buggy string really does suggest store, but I guess there's always the chance it was misleading, like something they canned.

As for cross-faction mounts, I've always liked the idea of factions being able to get at least one of each of the opposing faction's mounts, but not usually as something easy to get.

In most cases this has already happened. And for raptors we now have a bunch of options. If Horde didn't get up in arms about all the raptors now available to Alliance then they shouldn't be too concerned about bats, which were only ever used as Horde taxi mounts anyway.

My main is a draenei but I would love for an elekk mount to be obtainable by Horde, since I think they're so cool :) Maybe if the next expansion is more of a Legion theme again then we'll see a rare one drop from an eredar.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95341

This showed up on battle.net

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Wain wrote:Keep in mind this is all speculation. The buggy string really does suggest store, but I guess there's always the chance it was misleading, like something they canned.

As for cross-faction mounts, I've always liked the idea of factions being able to get at least one of each of the opposing faction's mounts, but not usually as something easy to get.

In most cases this has already happened. And for raptors we now have a bunch of options. If Horde didn't get up in arms about all the raptors now available to Alliance then they shouldn't be too concerned about bats, which were only ever used as Horde taxi mounts anyway.

My main is a draenei but I would love for an elekk mount to be obtainable by Horde, since I think they're so cool :) Maybe if the next expansion is more of a Legion theme again then we'll see a rare one drop from an eredar.
Can you imagine how huge a elekk would be on a cow? :lol: Would be boss. Would not mind a horde side gnome mount too. I'm sure a gobbo could trade the design papers for the trikes for one.
Malackai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU- Kazak

Unread post by Malackai »

Well that's interesting I hope that fairy dragon mount is going to be added too soon :) and I really hope for both of them its not going to be a horde gets bat/alliance gets fairy dragon thing that would suck :(

and I am still awaiting that day we finally getting those heavenly yellow,green and blue cloud serpents as well they look so pretty XD.
My flightrising: Flight Rising
My DA page: http://malackai.deviantart.com/
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

I'm pretty tired of Alliance getting tons of Horde mounts :| Ugh.

Excited for the bat though.

Siggy under construction!

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Malackai wrote: and I am still awaiting that day we finally getting those heavenly yellow,green and blue cloud serpents as well they look so pretty XD.
Omg, the Blue One! By all that is dear, I would love that!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

A person named Leviathon on Scrolls of Lore usually knows stuff from inside sources (confirmed many times) and he keeps saying the bat gonna be a store mount, so I believe that.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Junrei wrote:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95341

This showed up on battle.net
....Requires level 20.

Oh my

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Sar »

All mounts now require level 20 since account wide mount availability :)
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sar wrote:All mounts now require level 20 since account wide mount availability :)
Not the dragons ;^;

This bat would be one of those cool ground/flying, I hope, by using the tips of its Inge to crawl around. Eee

Sar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Sar »

Which Dragons? The Cloud Serpents?

That was a daft restriction anyway IMO :)
Social Media: YouTube | Twitter | Nerd Rooted
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Sar wrote:Which Dragons? The Cloud Serpents?

That was a daft restriction anyway IMO :)
Oh, Pffft
All dragons in general :lol:

They're understandable though. When I think of dragons being ground, I think of a Proto drake sitting in the gates of Arathi Basin clogging up the space

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Bowno wrote:I'm pretty tired of Alliance getting tons of Horde mounts :| Ugh.

That's honestly kind of rude. Especially because horde can get cat mounts, some horses, a ram, and they can get hippogryphs(which are alliance taxi's primarily). Alliance can get raptors, a skeletal horse, and a kodo. They don't have wolves or goblin trike equivalents nor do they get wyverns like Horde having already gotten a few hippogrpyhs. So if you're counting the bat as horde that's pretty equal in the types of cross-faction mounts that both sides can obtain, but nothing says that these bats are horde, just because its a bat doesn't mean its centered toward the horde at all and I've learned that FROM the hippogryphs.

I cant wait to add a bat to my collection however and I will be thrilled if BOTH my faction toons can ride it! Here's hopeing the Faerie Dragon that we've heard nothing about it a store mount and both faction available as well, or belongs to a new easily farmable faction like the Direhorn mounts were.

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

Doctress wrote:

That's honestly kind of rude. Especially because horde can get cat mounts, some horses, a ram, and they can get hippogryphs(which are alliance taxi's primarily). Alliance can get raptors, a skeletal horse, and a kodo. They don't have wolves or goblin trike equivalents nor do they get wyverns like Horde having already gotten a few hippogrpyhs. So if you're counting the bat as horde that's pretty equal in the types of cross-faction mounts that both sides can obtain, but nothing says that these bats are horde, just because its a bat doesn't mean its centered toward the horde at all and I've learned that FROM the hippogryphs.

I cant wait to add a bat to my collection however and I will be thrilled if BOTH my faction toons can ride it! Here's hopeing the Faerie Dragon that we've heard nothing about it a store mount and both faction available as well, or belongs to a new easily farmable faction like the Direhorn mounts were.
I just thought I'd point out it's the dragonhawks that are Horde equivalent of hippogryphs.

But yeah, Alliance gets far less traditionally Horde-aligned mounts.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Zhinru wrote:
Doctress wrote:

I just thought I'd point out it's the dragonhawks that are Horde equivalent of hippogryphs.

But yeah, Alliance gets far less traditionally Horde-aligned mounts.
But you could get a hippogryph before the Dragonhawk for quite a while I thought. So whe they introduced it they made it an achievement mount. But yeah you basically stated my point. I don't understand the "My Side Only" logic. It hasn't existed in WoW for sometime now and I prefer it that way. Hell if they decided to introduce a neutral gryphon tomorrow I wouldn't mind. I love the gryphons and I imagine some hordies would love a gryphon too. I'm playing primarily horde now so I can't ride n my gryphons and that sad. D: