Armored Bloodwing almost certainly a Store mount?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Re: Armored Bloodwing almost certainly a Store mount?

Unread post by Meggers »

Doctress wrote:
Meggers wrote:Unique model or not, -I- still think it would be odd to have it as a store mount. Its just so horde to me.
Then the same could be said "looks horde" or not it's a cool/unique model that would make them a lot of Blizz Store money and I highly doubt they'd pass that up.

I really don't understand why you're getting buggery over this, I just made a simple statement that I think it looks a bit too horde for a store mount. I didn't say HOLY CRAP NO STORE MOUNT EVER ARR.

Trying to discuss it with me isn't going to change anything. I wasn't here to poopoo on people that want it as a store mount.
ImageImage
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I agree with snowy and megs that this does look very hordish and I know alot of horde will cry over it being available to both factions - not saying it can't be and that i'd personally care either way - just an opinion i've formed reading other ppls pov. We'll let the general wow forums decide that reaction (herpa derp).

And it does seem odd that something that seems very faction specific would be in the blizz store...but saying that the tcg mounts are faction mounts too (arrnani dragonhawk, raptor, spectral tiger) and you can buy those as easily as a store mount too...hmm! Guess we'll soon find out either way!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I could say the Winged Guardian '*screams Alliance*' too because it's shiny-holy and a lion. Hell, the lion is the Alliance SYMBOL for crying out loud.

But it's a store mount. Maybe this is just to balance out the karma for the already-extant lion? Store mount, I say. I don't want to farm any more crappy dailies.

Edit: Yeah, and that spectral bonepony and the savage raptor are "horde mounts" too.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Meggers wrote:
Doctress wrote:
Meggers wrote:Unique model or not, -I- still think it would be odd to have it as a store mount. Its just so horde to me.
Then the same could be said "looks horde" or not it's a cool/unique model that would make them a lot of Blizz Store money and I highly doubt they'd pass that up.

I really don't understand why you're getting buggery over this, I just made a simple statement that I think it looks a bit too horde for a store mount. I didn't say HOLY CRAP NO STORE MOUNT EVER ARR.

Trying to discuss it with me isn't going to change anything. I wasn't here to poopoo on people that want it as a store mount.

I'm not "buggery" I'm replying because its a forum with a thread for discussing things isn't it? You have your opinion and I'm allowed to respond to it with my opinion. That's how a discussion works which you've willingly participated with by posting in the thread. If you make a statement I can make a counter statement which leans the opposite way. I'm sorry if you're offended but I thought that's how a forum worked, especially a speculation thread.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Doc & Meg,

Both of you have stated your personal views on this, Neither of you are right or wrong.
You don't have to agree but it's time to pull back from being so personal, it's starting to circle.

Hugs and kisses,

your Mini Mount Assistant Mod.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Castile wrote:not saying it can't be and that i'd personally care either way - just an opinion i've formed reading other ppls pov.
Pretty much this. Doc did seem to be getting very touchy about it, when I believe all me and Meg were trying to state is that it *looks* Horde-esque, but neither of us really care if it's a Blizz Store mount. It's just a simple opinion and there's nothing to really argue with about it. The fact it looks Horde-esque is a fact, but neither of us are saying it shouldn't be a store mount. I'm a very Horde-focused person, I don't have any Alliance characters, but I wouldn't mind this mount being available to both factions at all.

As my first post here stated, I'd be quite happy with it being a store mount. Unlike a lot of people, I don't feel that it being available to everyone makes the mount 'lose it's charm', especially because a lot of people will buy it on a one off, use it for a day, and then never again. These days I barely see any of the store mounts floating around and I still use my Winged Guardian fairly often.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

I have nothing against the Bloodwing being a store mount, Blizz needs all the money they can get to deliver awesome content with awesome speed. However, I would really like it if there was a bat mount normally available within the game - it's the last WC3 mount still not in, and will be the only one available only through the store.

That made me wonder. What would you guys think if Blizz made rare drop mounts purchasable in the store? The kind of "if you have a really shitty luck, drop 20 bucks on us" deal.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Zhinru wrote:That made me wonder. What would you guys think if Blizz made rare drop mounts purchasable in the store? The kind of "if you have a really shitty luck, drop 20 bucks on us" deal.
Make a thread about it. ;)

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Zhinru wrote: That made me wonder. What would you guys think if Blizz made rare drop mounts purchasable in the store? The kind of "if you have a really shitty luck, drop 20 bucks on us" deal.
I actually really like this idea, but if it was actually introduced for upcoming mounts. Any mount that they put on the Bliz Store from now on, now also made as a Rare spawn. That would be so wonderful. Back dating mounts such as the TLPD and the likes into the Blizz Store I think would cause to much angst among those who put a lot of time into hunting these down previously.

Some people that I know are only interested in wow due to mount collecting, it's their main interest, and this would not go down with them very well at all. Even mounts like the black/plagued Protos, the original Tiger/Raptors from ZG and the Original ZA bear. Even though they have been removed from the game (except the BMAH with the protos) and I would love to have the chance to obtain some of them.... again I think it would upset the applecart just a little to much >.<

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'm in agreement with Spiritbinder. It'd be wonderful.

That said, people will complain over everything. It's inevitable.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

Spiritbinder wrote:
Zhinru wrote: That made me wonder. What would you guys think if Blizz made rare drop mounts purchasable in the store? The kind of "if you have a really shitty luck, drop 20 bucks on us" deal.
I actually really like this idea, but if it was actually introduced for upcoming mounts. Any mount that they put on the Bliz Store from now on, now also made as a Rare spawn. That would be so wonderful. Back dating mounts such as the TLPD and the likes into the Blizz Store I think would cause to much angst among those who put a lot of time into hunting these down previously.

Some people that I know are only interested in wow due to mount collecting, it's their main interest, and this would not go down with them very well at all. Even mounts like the black/plagued Protos, the original Tiger/Raptors from ZG and the Original ZA bear. Even though they have been removed from the game (except the BMAH with the protos) and I would love to have the chance to obtain some of them.... again I think it would upset the applecart just a little to much >.<
I think that could always be presented as "if you worked hard and got it, you saved 20$! If you worked hard and didn't get, have consolation prize (for 20$)". People will of course always complain but right marketing can negate some backlash.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

... Or don't make a thread about it and send this one off topic.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Zhinru wrote:I have nothing against the Bloodwing being a store mount, Blizz needs all the money they can get to deliver awesome content with awesome speed. H

Haha I was going to say that. Patches would cost heaps to make more so when it's full of new content like the Thunder king one. I knew it would cost lots but after seeing how much it cost to make one DLC character for a small game like Skullgirls I can't imagine how much Blizz would need!
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

Snowy wrote:... Or don't make a thread about it and send this one off topic.
It doesn't seem like there's too much discussion on that point anyway.