PBC's Mount Parade plus - at 257, need new targets!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

PBC's Mount Parade plus - at 257, need new targets!

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

(Figured I'd make my post a new thread in case anyone wants any tips or pointers on how to get the mounts below.) :)

I really ended the old year and started the new one with a bang, picking up quite a number of mounts within the last few weeks, enough that I can't help but want to share the highlights.

I ended 2013 by finally finishing brawler's guild to land the Brawler's Burly Mushan. Felt so good to get that over and done with! I was able to fully clear all the optional and card bosses as well.

And to kick off 2014... first, a little story. My spouse wanted some transmog gear from the first half of Dragon Soul. We weren't sure how far we could get, just the two of us, but we decided to try it anyhow. Well none of the transmog gear dropped, but we kept going past that and did Ultraxion. BOOM - Experiment 12-B! I couldn't help but wonder if we could manage a full clear at that point. Sure enough, the two of us did fully clear and as the dust settled, there was a Blazing Drake waiting for me as well! I have terrible RNG luck so to get both mounts in our first attempt at farming them is really unbelievable!
Attachments
Brawler's Mushan
Brawler's Mushan
2013-1.jpg (47.13 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Exp 12-B
Exp 12-B
2014-1.jpg (48.35 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Blazing Drake
Blazing Drake
2014-2.jpg (41.22 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: PBC's Mount Parade plus - A great start to a new year!

Unread post by Lupis »

Aaaaa, grats on the Dragon Soul mounts! I'm quite interested in trying to duo that one, actually- any tips, guidelines, etc?

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Here's some tips for some of the trickier fights and mechanics. Hope they're helpful!

We did BM hunter/dps warrior on first half, BM hunter/DK tank on second half. Pet tanked the first half and DK took over on second half. I believe a DK is required on Ultraxion, otherwise the second spot can probably be filled by almost any class. Spine also does greatly favor a player tank of some sort as second toon due to the fact that you have to be able to control the adds precisely.

Morchok: Stay max range of boss, stomp will one shot players. Ignore crystals. Black blood phase wipes threat so be ready to FD and misdirect to get him back on the pet.

Ultrax: The top comment posted here (click Newest First): http://www.wowhead.com/npc=55294#comments explains the DK's role. For hunters, you will want to keep your pet second on aggro because threat gets wiped whenever the tank jumps into the other realm. A DPS race as damage increases the longer it goes (we did about 400k dps combined and downed it around the second Hour of Twilight).

Spine: This is the hardest fight since you can't outgear it. The most important thing is to assign sides and NEVER leave your side except to roll if needed. DK tanked the large adds and dpsed it as well as small adds. Hunter pet picked up and tanked any excess large adds and also broke the stun from tentacles.

Madness: We did green, yellow, blue then red. At the final platform we burned down small adds, then DK tanked the big adds (which killed him) which we also burned down. After that the boss needs to be burned down before big adds start spawning again. I very much suggest NOT being BM or at least not using Blink Strike in this fight, as the pet repeatedly glitched, got dazed, and in general spent half the fight doing nothing.

We may attempt H Madness next week for the Lifebinder's Handmaiden...
Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Unread post by Kööna »

Congratulations on your 3 new mounts! You're so lucky for the Blazing Drake...it dropped so many times in our raid group but I never won it... : (
Thank you for the tips, too! My boyfriend and I will surely try it out! He's a DK, so it shouldn't be too hard for us!

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Thanks! I'd only seen the Blazing Drake drop once when it was current content and of course miserably lost the roll, so it was a great surprise to get it so quickly. It certainly has renewed my interest in Cata raid mounts! We also ended up 2 manning Firelands after that, and will probably add Conclave to the mix as well.

It really wasn't a hard raid to farm (as noted Spine is the hardest of the fights) so I'm sure you'll have a pretty easy time with it since you already know the fight mechanics. Best of luck!
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: PBC's Mount Parade plus - 250 and rising!

Well my goal was to have 250 mounts before WoD hit, and thanks to the assistance of a lot of folks, I've managed to reach that milestone!

With the help of my guild I was able to pick up the Twilight Harbinger (Dragon Soul meta), Crimson Cloud Serpent (Pandaria dungeon meta) and of course, the Korkron Wolf (AotC Garrosh).

With the help of a friend in another raiding guild I was able to pick up the Thundering Jade Cloud Serpent (guild Glory of Pandaria Raider - heroic MSV, HoF, ToES).

And finally #250: Pureblood Firehawk! I'm calling it my reward for soloing Rags since my partner blew himself up on a magma trap during P1. I considered simply wiping it at that point because I wasn't sure if I could get all the adds during both transitions, but it actually went very smoothly. :)
Attachments
Pureblood Firehawk
Pureblood Firehawk
2014-3.jpg (94.13 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: PBC's Mount Parade plus - Keep on rollin'

The stable is still growing, slowly but surely.

I happened to see the Plagued Proto-Drake for sale on the BMAH (only the second time I've seen it listed) and after checking my toon's wallet decided to take a swing at it. I waited until the duration went to medium/short to begin making my move, since that's usually when all the bids come in. When I showed up there were already a number of people there, some trying their luck like me, and others simply watching the bids climb. I got outbid, tried again, then finally put in all my gold, but it still wasn't enough, so I borrowed 50k to make one last attempt at it... and success!

And the Lich King finally gave up and spat out Invincible - another one to scratch off my list!

Also discovered that I can 2-man Nalak now, so there's another potential mount to farm. But given the sheer amount of time it takes to kill him that way I don't plan on adding him to my weekly farm list, at least not yet.
Attachments
Plagued Proto
Plagued Proto
2014-5.jpg (73.9 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Invincible
Invincible
2014-6.jpg (48.37 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

wow grats on the double DS mounts that's amazing drop. Also congrats on the new proto! I have been wanting one for ages but even if i did find one i would be too broke to get it. how much did it cost you?

Also i would recommend getting Oqeue for your world Boss mount farming. Groups are pretty common and they kill all four mount bosses.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

The double DS mount drop was probably the best mount luck I've had... but neither one has dropped again so we're still doing DS every week. And I discovered you can't easily save a heroic Madness lockout (asked a GM and they said that's working as intended), so gonna have to wait until next xpac before I get serious on with farming the Life-Binder's Handmaiden.

The Plagued Proto cost me... 240k? 250k? I borrowed a little more than I ended up spending, but then had to borrow even more for another item the next day, so I lost track. But it was somewhere under 250k.

As far as the world boss mounts, usually I can find one or two groups a week to tag along with via trade channel (I really like the shared tag feature) so thankfully I haven't felt the need to bore myself with another round of 2-man Nalak.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: PBC's Mount Parade plus - at 257, need new targets!

Looking back at my to-do list from the start of the year, I'm kind of amazed that I got so many mounts out of the way. I guess it's time to add a few new targets!

I'm still working on:
- Mimiron's Head, why won't you drop? :(
- Swift Spectral Tiger, still saving up but with expansion around the corner this'll get pushed back unless I stumble upon a good deal.

Adding:
- Drake of the East Wind, I have about 30% of the achievements done so might as well try and knock this off the list.
- Life-Binder's Handmaiden, my partner has leveled up a priest to do H Spine and Madness, he just needs some gear on it now.

Latest mounts:
- #257.0 Ashen Pandaren Phoenix. With the expansion looming ever closer I gave in and bought a gold CM carry (which of course netted me the transmog set as well), but since I opted to do it on an alt the mount isn't counting for my main's total yet, so for now I'll call this mount #257.0.
- #257.1 Drake of the South Wind! Been farming Al'Akir twice a week since the beginning of the year, so I'm very happy to have this one done and out of the way. It's by far one of the easiest bosses to farm, once you get past the Conclave of Winds.
Attachments
Ashen Phoenix
Ashen Phoenix
2014-9.jpg (82.29 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
South Wind Drake
South Wind Drake
2014-10.jpg (189.49 KiB) Viewed 2387 times
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

As a note, you may need a third or fourth for H:Madness. When those oozes start spamming out it gets hard to keep up dps if you have only one person in that role.
ImageImage
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I have an idea. Perhaps you should farm the heavenly crimson cloud serpent? Or the pterrowing. Or Galakras. That'll give you some hard mouths to farm ;) unless you've got them already...if so...*grabby hands*
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Meggers wrote:As a note, you may need a third or fourth for H:Madness. When those oozes start spamming out it gets hard to keep up dps if you have only one person in that role.
I know it won't be easy, but my current goal is simply to get to Madness since H Spine has been the roadblock so far due to lack of dispells... and since I'm swapping a tank for a priest I'll have to practice handling all the add mechanics like positioning and building stacks. But since H Madness has been soloed by several classes already I think we have a shot as a 2 man team even if our strategy isn't perfect, since our mains are both fairly geared, ilvl 580-ish.
Kayro wrote:I have an idea. Perhaps you should farm the heavenly crimson cloud serpent? Or the pterrowing. Or Galakras. That'll give you some hard mouths to farm ;) unless you've got them already...if so...*grabby hands*
I'm missing all the MoP raid achievement mounts since none of the guilds I'm in are interested in doing achievements, plus I'm not keen on having to rely on 8 other people to not screw up. So I plan to work on the MoP mounts next expansion, once we start picking up some gear. I'm really big on soloing and 2 manning old content - I like having control over the pace and loot, since I do old raids for specific items. But I know not all achievements can be done with 1 or 2 players so when the time comes I'll probably guilt a few people into helping for those fights. :)
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Yeah 2man is fine. We usually spine 3 with two people sitting on either side(one dps one heal) and one dps running around picking up the bloods.
ImageImage