How to camp for mounts/pets on WoD?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Makunji
Realm: Alonsus

How to camp for mounts/pets on WoD?

Unread post by Makunji »

Hi ya'll,

Long time lurker, wondering how you all camp for mounts/pets now that npcscan doesnt scan the old world mobs ex. TLPD, Arcturis!
I have tried to find a 'solution' online, and perhaps even using an automateted key press, so that the Dynamic targetting macro actually works while I watch a movie or something similar.
But im afraid that is considered a bannable offense.

I would love to hear all your opinions on this matter!

Kind regards,

Makunji.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Re: How to camp for mounts/pets on WoD?

Unread post by Golden »

You could try setting your cursor to where the rare in question will spawn or patrol. I've been wondering about this very issue, and that's probably one of the better ones that don't require automated keystrikes in my opinion.

Unfortunately it'll then only alert you of whatever happens to pass through your cursor.

If I'm doing other stuff on the computer while camping, I'll angle the camera in a way that will show as much of the spawn area as possible on one side of my screen and keep that area visible at all times from under any other windows that I might have open. The side with my minimap is usually the best, because then I can track whatever kind of creature I'm after for some extra awareness. And then finally I'll leave a bit of my chat frame visible in case something happens in there, be it someone whispering me or announcing stuff in general.

Wow that was rather complicated. :P I can make a screenshot to explain it better if you like.
Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

It's really easy. Dump NPC scan and get Silver Dragon instead---it finds all of them.
Makunji
Realm: Alonsus

Unread post by Makunji »

I have NPCscan AND silverdragon running. But im afraid I might miss something, NPCscan only scans the nameplatesm right?
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

My suggestion is suck it up, be a real hunter, and hunt :P [I personally do not approve of letting the computer do the hunting for me, but that's just me]

Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

I agree with Snowwalker. If you know where to look, that's all you have to do. Camp out at a spawn point and wait. Do some random dungeons or bgs to break the monotomy if you have to, but don't have an addon do all the work for you.

When I was camping Aeonaxx I would get so irritated knowing that so many of the people camping were AFK watching a movie or sleeping waiting for their NPC alarm clock D:<