Upcoming mounts - Patches 7.1.5 and 7.2

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Upcoming mounts - Patches 7.1.5 and 7.2

Unread post by Lupen202 »

sasrei7 wrote:Umm but hunter specs aren't all the same, isn't that why they changed some stuff for hunters? I mean hello surv is melee spec, that's vastly different from BM or MM. Most people in MM dont use a pet so yah.. we aren't all the same... it would just be nice for a variation of color for the different specs is all.. recoloring the same mount over and over again is what they are good at anyways lol
I didn't say all the specs were the same? I said aesthetically there isn't much of a difference.

It just doesn't make sense for there to be recolors, unlike shadow vs. holy/disc... because the difference between the priest specs is pretty damn drastic. I understand wanting to be included... but it also needs to make sense. I mean of course I'd love to have three different mounts, a black or silver one for example, but I also have to look at it rationally & the brown color already fits hunter.

Can someone just tell me why the current colors don't fit all three specs? Or what colors you'd choose for each?

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

As I understand it, the mage disc isn't actually 'different' for its various specs either. Only the fire/sparkle trail thing changes. I honestly doubt we're the only one in the 'one mount' basket as rogues and warriors are probably not getting color variants either. At least it's cool. I have to admit, I don't like the owl-griff because its head and the angle it's held at really bother me. It looks really strange and unnatural. Glad I haven't had the time to work on my priest, kinda...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Nachtwulf wrote:As I understand it, the mage disc isn't actually 'different' for its various specs either. Only the fire/sparkle trail thing changes..
That was the bit that seemed odd to me too. It's still a purple disc but trails red or blue sparks or something? That just seems like the clash of colours would outweigh the novelty of it being a different spec's mount. I guess we have to wait and see what their design is but on the surface it seems like an odd choice.

It honestly doens't worry me if we get distinct colours or not. It'd be very nice but the Priest one is the only one where I think it's absolutely essential. A shadow priest on a bright white owl, or vice versa, would just be wrong.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Wain wrote:
Nachtwulf wrote:As I understand it, the mage disc isn't actually 'different' for its various specs either. Only the fire/sparkle trail thing changes..
That was the bit that seemed odd to me too. It's still a purple disc but trails red or blue sparks or something? That just seems like the clash of colours would outweigh the novelty of it being a different spec's mount. I guess we have to wait and see what their design is but on the surface it seems like an odd choice.

It honestly doens't worry me if we get distinct colours or not. It'd be very nice but the Priest one is the only one where I think it's absolutely essential. A shadow priest on a bright white owl, or vice versa, would just be wrong.
"Slap the shadow aura on it and call it a day."

:/

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!