Mighty Caravan Brutosaur removed from sale in Shadowlands

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Mighty Caravan Brutosaur removed from sale in Shadowlands

Unread post by Wain »

In case you haven't already seen this news, the Mighty Caravan Brutosaur is going to be removed from sale in Shadowlands:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... 1/370236/8

There are quite a few threads about it, filled with many angry posters.

It will still be available in a more limited way - it's going to be added to the Black Market Auction House, which will likely be a far more horrendous experience than farming the hoard of gold for it that you currently need.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Mighty Caravan Brutosaur removed from sale in Shadowlands

Unread post by Bowno »

I've already made a few rather large posts on the WoW forums about it, as well as the rant thread.. So I'll just keep this one short and say: I don't like where things are going.

Siggy under construction!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm neutral on this, because I'll never have the gold to spend on it :) Does anyone know what sort of expensive mount(s) there will be in Shadowlands?
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Im really mad about this... im 1/10 on the way now but if they remove it I will never get it.. :/

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I don't know if I would ever be able to amass that much gold, I managed the spider mount because I wanted it more than anything, and I've still never recovered from that purchase (it was literally my entire savings in WoW), and it wasn't even half as much as the brutosaur.

I think a better way to do this would be to retire it as an AH mount, but leave a version of it without vendors or npcs perhaps, so that people can still buy the mount for the appearance, but in Shadowlands there would be a new AH mount?

I don't know, for me the largest appeal has always been the model itself. I love brutosaurs and since they're not tameable a mount would be a great way to keep one. I wouldn't mind having a cheaper alternative without the npcs, or an alternate colour.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Well, there's something I'll never have. Oh well. I've never even come close to a million gold, let alone 5, so, I didn't expect to have it anyway.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:23 pm I don't know, for me the largest appeal has always been the model itself. I love brutosaurs and since they're not tameable a mount would be a great way to keep one. I wouldn't mind having a cheaper alternative without the npcs, or an alternate colour.
yeah same. I really love it's design and its the ONLY brutosaur mount that makes me kinda sad. I've seen a few vids on how its blizzards cunning way to get ppl to pour RL money into tokens because most ppl realistically would never make that much gold on their own and I can 100% see that happening too for those desperate enough to want this mount.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~