Bonehoof Tauralus - Renown 40?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Bonehoof Tauralus - Renown 40?

Unread post by Castile »

Can any Necrolord confirm if they've gotten this to drop? This mount drops from the rare Tahonta and is Necrolord only but now I'm reading on reddit you need Renown 40 for it to even have a chance? Is this true!?

If that's true it really should be made clearer that you need certain renown levels - I have HandyNotes and it isn't on there either. If true you may want to add things like that to WarcraftMounts Wain else a lot of ppl are wasting their time farming it :(

Edit: A guildie thinks she's seen it drop in a group but if anyone else can confirm? Wowhead still shows no drops of it as of yet.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Bonehoof Tauralus - Renown 40?

Unread post by Vephriel »

All the info I've been able to gather is that it might be bugged right now as I don't think there's a record of that mount dropping at ALL yet, and it definitely would have been reported by now no matter how low the drop chance.

It does seem like it will require Necrolord covenant though, it mentions that in the mount journal.

There have been some other rares that have been bugged though. Tomb Burster hasn't been fixed yet but is supposed to drop a pet, with today's hotfixes we finally got Gormbore fixed so it drops the pet properly. Maybe they haven't got around to Tahonta yet.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Bonehoof Tauralus - Renown 40?

Unread post by Castile »

Vephriel wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 am All the info I've been able to gather is that it might be bugged right now as I don't think there's a record of that mount dropping at ALL yet, and it definitely would have been reported by now no matter how low the drop chance.

It does seem like it will require Necrolord covenant though, it mentions that in the mount journal.

There have been some other rares that have been bugged though. Tomb Burster hasn't been fixed yet but is supposed to drop a pet, with today's hotfixes we finally got Gormbore fixed so it drops the pet properly. Maybe they haven't got around to Tahonta yet.
Yep aware its Necrolord only - there's 4 mounts currently that only drop for their respective covenants but are useable by alts of different ones.

If it is bugged that's pretty poor effort on blizzards end. I've seen many people farming it and obviously wasting their time. They could also add that certain mounts only drop for x covenant to the tool tips too.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~