Just 10 more to go for Mountain of Mounts!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Just 10 more to go for Mountain of Mounts!

Unread post by Cerah »

My mount collection:

http://www.warcraftmounts.com/collection.php?id=21795

As the title goes, I'm just 10 away from the achieve and my Red Dragonhawk. I've got almost all the "easy" mounts, now I'm trying to figure out where to go, without relying on 1% drop mounts, ones that cost a ridiculous amount of gold, or the TLPD/Deepholm equivelent. I have exalted rep and all the mounts for Netherstorm, the Mag'har, the Sha'tari Skyguard, Cenerian Expedition and Wyrmrest Accord.

Here's my plan. Let me know if there's any I just haven't thought of.

1. Ice Mammoth -- req. Revered rep with Sons of Hodir (I'm exalted) cost: 1800 G. Shouldn't take too long

2. Red Skeletal Warhorse -- cost: 2000 Honour points. I'm about 1000 now. A few more random BGs should do it.

3, 4. Camel mounts from Tol'vir -- req. exalted rep (I'm halfway through honoured) -- cost: a couple hundred G. Going to need to grind a few more dungeons.

5. Darkspear Raptor -- cost: 100 Champion Seals. I have like 25 right now, so I need to go back to Northrend. On the plus side, this will complete my Raptor collection!

Others:

If I'm patient, I can grind the champion seals for the other 6 AT mounts I don't have yet (the 100 seal Horde faction mounts, the Sunreaver Hawkstrider and Argent Hippogriff). Could take a while though.

After I finally gear up enough to get into Cata heroics, I could blow 2000 Justice points on the Wooly Mammoth.

Could take up archelogy on Cerah, and hope for the Raptor and Silithid mounts (though that's almost as much of a shot in the dark as the 1% drop mounts)

Continue to solo Strat, SH, MT, UP and hope I get lucky.

Recruit more guildies for OS runs. I'd be more than happy to help anyone else get their drakes as well!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Just 10 more to go for Mountain of Mounts!

Unread post by Kalliope »

The raptor is a higher drop rate than the silithid, as far as I've seen. Should definitely go for that one. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Keep at it!! *looks at her Dragonhawk* Had her about a year, I honestly can't use any other mount, even with all the new drakes. =3

The AT mounts are the way to go for a slow solution, but if you quick results, Archy and the Wooly Mammoth ones are definately the way to go ^^ Best of luck!

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin US/Farstriders US

Unread post by Vetiver »

how attached are you to your professions? if you level tailoring and engineering, that's 5 mounts!

-kara is also soloable (the drop rate sucks) but i did not see that mount on your wishlist
-red AQ bug is solo farmable as well...just kill all the trash before the first boss (don't pull the boss), then run out of the instance and it will all respawn! i have helped 2 friends get this mount this way (in wrath before we had the ridiculous health pools we do now)
-find an engineer friend who will make you a mechanohog for just the price of the vendor mats and farm the rest. the old zones are deserted so you can get everything you need in one day of farming with little fuss.

last but not least, the halaa talbuks are a pain in the ass, no lie. i got both of mine by posting on my realm forums asking if anyone wanted to meet up and have an epic battle for tokens. at least 20 people from both factions showed up (with some trade chat advertising on my part for both factions as well), and we all got on vent and had a good time. this will not happen on it's own, you will need to basically act as an event coordinator to really make it work. the hardest part was farming the stupid dust you need for research tokens! if you still need rep with the consortium, farm the ogres for the dust so you can turn their beads in for that. :)

Thrawna Partyfavor Poliwrath Mint

...plus many, many more. <3

Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerah »

Vetiver wrote:how attached are you to your professions? if you level tailoring and engineering, that's 5 mounts!
I've considered changing one of Cerah's professions over to Engineering, but after all the hard work I've put into leveling Leatherworking, and the fact I have 4 alts on Alterac who could use the armour as well (not to mention guildies), I can't justify dropping it now. Skinning's plus to my critical strike chance is too good to give up either -- as a BM who doesn't even have a high enough gearscore for Cata heroics yet, I need all the help I can get, dps-wise.
Vetiver wrote:-kara is also soloable (the drop rate sucks) but i did not see that mount on your wishlist
-red AQ bug is solo farmable as well...just kill all the trash before the first boss (don't pull the boss), then run out of the instance and it will all respawn! i have helped 2 friends get this mount this way (in wrath before we had the ridiculous health pools we do now)
While I'd like to have either of those mounts, as well as any of the other low-drop ones I don't have yet, I can't rely on them to build my numbers. Besides, I think I might have used up my luck on the rare-drop mounts already -- I have the Razzashi Raptor, the Brewfest Ram, and the Blue Drake.
Vetiver wrote:--find an engineer friend who will make you a mechanohog for just the price of the vendor mats and farm the rest. the old zones are deserted so you can get everything you need in one day of farming with little fuss.
My boyfriend's working on that :) I've been trying to level up my Druid/Alchemist's Archeology too, just in case she gets ahold of the Sandstone Drake recipe.
Vetiver wrote:-last but not least, the halaa talbuks are a pain in the ass, no lie. i got both of mine by posting on my realm forums asking if anyone wanted to meet up and have an epic battle for tokens. at least 20 people from both factions showed up (with some trade chat advertising on my part for both factions as well), and we all got on vent and had a good time. this will not happen on it's own, you will need to basically act as an event coordinator to really make it work. the hardest part was farming the stupid dust you need for research tokens! if you still need rep with the consortium, farm the ogres for the dust so you can turn their beads in for that. :)
I'm on a pvp server, so that's a little harder. I mentioned it to my ally friend once, but he didn't seem interested. Meh, I can always ask again :)

Thanks for the ideas!

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

np :)

the red bug mount's drop rate was buffed in wrath, btw. so it can't hurt to put in an hour here or there for it. i always go to AQ rep runs that i see starting in trade because i need a few of the enchantng recipes from the bosses in there, and i've seen an avg of 2 red bugs per run. give it a shot!

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Ohhh I'm so going to beat you! I'm at 91!!!

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8658
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerah »

Royi wrote:Ohhh I'm so going to beat you! I'm at 91!!!

http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8658
If you wanna race, you're on!

Winner gets bragging rights ... and cookies! :D

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

oh for halaa, theres a trick, i did this with a friend. whomever controls halaa (say alliance) is the first target. have them strip down, and go to the southern graveyard (still in the middle of halaa but since they control it they get to use it). kill them, they rez sick, kill them, they rez sick, etc etc.

took about 15 minutes to get 70 halaa marks that way (i just got the cheaper halaa talbuk since i didnt want to farm another 20 research tokens)
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

I'm 97 :(

I'm basicly stuck. The only ones are either luck related or gold related (both which I don't have >_>)

Only other remains are the Wintersaber (which I don't have time or patience for) or a few Argent ones. But with 10 seals every day, and each of the ones left costing more than 100, I don't see it happening anytime soon...

Yep, I do have Tailoring + Eng :/
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Ahhh god luck on the grinds!!

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

Royi wrote:oh for halaa, theres a trick, i did this with a friend. whomever controls halaa (say alliance) is the first target. have them strip down, and go to the southern graveyard (still in the middle of halaa but since they control it they get to use it). kill them, they rez sick, kill them, they rez sick, etc etc.

took about 15 minutes to get 70 halaa marks that way (i just got the cheaper halaa talbuk since i didnt want to farm another 20 research tokens)
this would be a good idea but it is technically win trading, which can get people slapped with temp bans. so if you do it this way, don't spread the word!

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Vetiver wrote:
Royi wrote:oh for halaa there isnt a trick. you must do it the hard way.
this would be a good idea but it is technically win trading, which can get people slapped with temp bans. so if you do it this way, don't spread the word!
ohh... um..... i dont know what you're talking about......
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terrokar, Dentarg, Alexstrasza

Unread post by Setanta »

Samarachan wrote:I'm 97 :(

I'm basicly stuck. The only ones are either luck related or gold related (both which I don't have >_>)

Only other remains are the Wintersaber (which I don't have time or patience for) or a few Argent ones. But with 10 seals every day, and each of the ones left costing more than 100, I don't see it happening anytime soon...

I just wanted to amend this slightly. If you take the coin bag from the dk npcs (if you are a dk) or from the paladins in the tent over the scrip for rep tokens you get an extra 4 champion seals a day for a total of 14.

Sargman (Void Elf) Terokkar
Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg
Untamabull (Tauren) Area 52
Sargmar (Blood Elf) Alexstrasza

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Vetiver
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Vetiver »

Royi wrote:
Vetiver wrote:
Royi wrote:oh for halaa there isnt a trick. you must do it the hard way.
ohh... um..... i dont know what you're talking about......
lol!

Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

Setanta wrote:

I just wanted to amend this slightly. If you take the coin bag from the dk npcs (if you are a dk) or from the paladins in the tent over the scrip for rep tokens you get an extra 4 champion seals a day for a total of 14.

Yep I know, but it seems the droprate of those has gone down since I became exalted...I've never seem seals drop from the bags anymore.

There's also doing ToC HC, which is 3 extra :)
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Setanta »

Samarachan wrote:
Setanta wrote:

Yep I know, but it seems the droprate of those has gone down since I became exalted...I've never seem seals drop from the bags anymore.

There's also doing ToC HC, which is 3 extra :)
I'm wondering if they've changed something. I just picked up doing those dailies again to get the remaining mounts two days ago and I've had 100% drop rate of seals from the bags I see it in the blue text when I'm opening it rather than seeing it actually in the bag. And I'm definitely ending up with 14 marks.

Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg

If you're taking my posts 100% seriously, you're probably 150% too serious to read them.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Cerah »

Setanta wrote:I'm wondering if they've changed something. I just picked up doing those dailies again to get the remaining mounts two days ago and I've had 100% drop rate of seals from the bags I see it in the blue text when I'm opening it rather than seeing it actually in the bag. And I'm definitely ending up with 14 marks.
I've noticed that too -- you always get the extra champion seals now, they just don't appear in the bags themselves, kind of like how the Justice points in the Heart-Shaped box for Love is in the Air only show up in text, while it says the bag's empty.

Even at 14 points a day, it's still going to take a while before I can get my remaining AT mounts. I do want the Darkspear Raptor and the Argent Hippogriff at the very least though.

Royi, you're probably going to beat me to 100. I have to cut down on WoW for the next month or so, with final projects and exams coming up. /offers cookies to the winner.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

eh i'm going pretty lacksie-dasical myself. no worries :)
Setanta
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Setanta »

I'm getting #95 today with the Darnassian Nightsaber.

Serkrun (Orc) Dentarg