Guardian Cub Tradable Pet

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Re: Guardian Cub Tradable Pet

Unread post by Yaone »

I only threw out that warning cause I like most the people here... but this one guy on my server........ *insert evil laugh here*
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's good in a way because people can get it without buying it with rl money,but if you stop to think about it you can buy really good gear in the ah. So if people buy these pets and manage to sell them for large amounts of gold and then buy gear with it this is a step towards players spending real life money for in game advantages. I'm not overly worried at the moment,but I'm looking at the whole idea with caution.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

I might get one when I order more game time. Might. But probably not. I bought my other Blizz pet store pets precisely because I could give them to all my toons, and I can't do that with this one. Only one of my toons might be the small pet collector, but they're still nice to have on the others.

And here I was hoping that they'd make the new TCG pets more like the Blizz store pets. Not the other way around!

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Posting my response on the other thread here.

I'm not *too* upset about the tradeable thing myself… If you're willing to spend $10 on a mini pet that anyone else could buy and then try to sell it for ridiculous prices, be my guest. It's your money. I think it'd be pretty stupid, but then, I don't have that kind of money.

Maybe it doesn't help that I think it's ugly as all fel. xD It looks like a lion-bird with an oversized dog head and freakish overly-female eyes.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Posting my response on the other thread here.

I'm not *too* upset about the tradeable thing myself… If you're willing to spend $10 on a mini pet that anyone else could buy and then try to sell it for ridiculous prices, be my guest. It's your money. I think it'd be pretty stupid, but then, I don't have that kind of money.

Maybe it doesn't help that I think it's ugly as all fel. xD It looks like a lion-bird with an oversized dog head and freakish overly-female eyes.
And that's why I'm not buying it.

Its all derpy. Why couldn't it share a skin related to the wind rider cub? That was cute.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

I'm going to be watching these thing's prices like a hawk and scooping a bunch up when the price eventually goes down. It's nice I have that option.

But, 10 bux seems a little excessive for a single-use pet. I'd think $5 or less would be appropriate.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Meggers wrote:If you pay real money, it should be BoA. end of.
This, all the way

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

As cute as cubby is I really am not going to buy it for it to only be bound to one toon. Sorry Blizzard but ain't gonna happen.

I agree with those who've said that it should be BoA like the other store mini pets.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Comett
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by Comett »

My windrider cub came with a collectors card, a soft toy and then the BOA minipet that I get on every character. I like to keep the BOA pets out on my alts for two reasons... windrider kitty is adorable, and it lets other people know that this is likely an alt and I don't need to be spoonfed in dungeons, lol.

But yeah, while the minipet is cute and all that, I can't see myself buying it... I'd rather buy the gryphon or something else that I can use on every character I make, and those that I make in the future, for a similar/the same cost. I might buy it from the AH or something if it's cheap enough, but yeah... I guess it just seems a bit silly to me.

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Huh, same reaosn I use Lurky... Even if I need a specific macro to stop people pestering me for his non existant code.

It's an idiotic idea. Fine make them tradable but don't imply it's a new and shiny gift option because it's not. 9 quid as it'll transfer over as is not worth a single little pet that will quickly dwindle after the first rush goes away and realises they jsut pandered to Blizzard from the get go. I can get one of the music CDs from the states Blizz Store for this much (Why is EU ignored again?) which has a lot more use than a very demented looking critter.

Thank God it's early days and they have might the sense to price drop for those who do want it.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

If anything, I agree with the option someone posted that we can choose BoA or x1 BoE. IMO that would be better.
ImageImage
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

TheDoomcookie wrote:I don't even find it that cute, but I would never buy it if it wasn't BOA. I read this and thought "how about an option to either get a BoA or BoE?"

On another note "psh, and blizzard said they weren't adding any more gold sinks" :P
They're just testing the waters here. They figure its an indirect way to sell Gold to the playerbase. If they keep at it it will likely blow up in their face eventually (if they add more and more things to buy to trade in game).

I think they said it best with this part on their stance:

"we’re ok with it if some players choose to use the Guardian Cub as a safe and secure way to try to acquire a little extra in-game gold without turning to third-party gold-selling services"

They dislike third party gold sellers quite alot since it costs them quite a lot of $$ to pay GM's to investigate and fix those accounts that get hacked by the 3rd party gold seller services. Maybe they'll include mounts and more pets as well. I don't like this much, but it is what it is.

One time use would suck though, especially for those who consistantly have a new "main" every other month.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well ya can't know it it'll work unless you try.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Blizz responded about the discussions popping up:
TCG Loot card mounts like the Spectral Tiger have been BoE for a long time now (since patch 3.2), and that was and continues to be well-received, and as far as we've been able to tell hasn't had any adverse impact to the game or economy - despite them selling for sometimes astronomical amounts of gold.

It's potentially worth noting that no new gold is being introduced into the game's economy with those mounts or the new Guardian Cub pet.

Our goal with the Guardian Cub is to provide alternative ways for players who don't want to spend real money to add these pets to their collection. Even though this has been available a while now with the TCG mounts, this is obviously a new kind of way to deliver Pet Store pets, and we're definitely interested to hear your feedback and ultimately see how this will play out.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Meggers wrote:If anything, I agree with the option someone posted that we can choose BoA or x1 BoE. IMO that would be better.
I agree with this too. Let those that pay the cash get the full benefit as with the other store pets, and if people want to buy and sell through AH, then it's for a single use item like most other game obtained pets.

I think Bliz would've saved themselves a lot of headache if they'd just done that. I can understand people not being happy about paying $10 for a one time pet when all the others before were account wide.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I have a question, and pardon if it has been asked already: How is this different then the Mottled Drake and the Blazing Hippogryph Mounts? You can buy those cards with real world funds and turn around and sell the mounts for ridiculous prices in game (well not so ridiculous considering the cost of the cards).

But still, the same principle applies. Only this time instead of making it a hard to get card Bliz is putting them in the pet store and more accessible.

I'll be getting one for myself, maybe another for a buddy. I am a bit disappointed that the single one I buy won't be on all of my accounts, but that is really my only sore spot.
Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Its honestly not the same as the TCG at all. Those are cards sold by other players who just so happened to come across them while opening packs of cards, you're not buying them straight from blizzard.

This is blizzard changing how they previously had done their minipets ($10, BoA) and claiming its just like TCG. I fail to see how having a specific item bought out of the store from blizzard... is the same as buying a rare chance to find loot item someone found in their booster pack of cards.
ImageImage
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Meggers wrote:Its honestly not the same as the TCG at all. Those are cards sold by other players who just so happened to come across them while opening packs of cards, you're not buying them straight from blizzard.

This is blizzard changing how they previously had done their minipets ($10, BoA) and claiming its just like TCG. I fail to see how having a specific item bought out of the store from blizzard... is the same as buying a rare chance to find loot item someone found in their booster pack of cards.
^ This

Unless you're buying the loot card from ebay(which mounts can range from $70 - 1000), the packs of cards aren't that expensive. They range from ($2 - $7) per pack. IF you buy the big booster box it can be anywhere from $30 - $90.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Shame it's not black/white and having a few udders under it's belly. At least then it'd look like a (cash)-Cow!

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

After alot of thought, I think I have finally made my decision. I am a big mini-pet collector. But I cant bring myself to buy this when its not BOA. Thats still my *only* real issue with it. If it were 10$s for a single-use Mount, then yeah. Fine. I could pay that. But not for a mini-pet when I have 100+ (aka ALOT) I swap through on a regular basis anyways.

I love running around with my other BOA pets on my lowbie alts. Blizzard is taking all the fun out of that.