Looking to fill out an Engineering-themed battle pet team

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Looking to fill out an Engineering-themed battle pet team

Unread post by Magli »

I've been getting into pet battles recently--I initially picked it up just to tame some of the mechanical-skinned pets they introduced in 5.1, but it's pretty fun. Since Magli is an engineer, I decided to go with an all-mechanical team (Engineers make their own friends!), which served me well until I got to the Outland master tamer, who leads with his minifernal and rips my team up with elemental attacks.

So, I need to find somebody that can stand in against elemental attackers but still fits the theme. I'm thinking about the Elementium Geode (mining and engineering complement each other), or the Voodoo Figurine (which is kinda robot-like, and has some of the best flavor text in the game). Any other ideas? If it has a water-type attack (strong against elementals), all the better.

I'd be pairing it with a Clockwork Gnome and Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling.
Last edited by Magli on Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Looking to fill in an Engineering-themed battle pet team

Unread post by Magli »

I was thinking about that, actually, but it'll still be awfully fragile. I'd rather find something from another family that I can make fit with the theme.

(Plus it's ugly.)

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Looking to fill in an Engineering-themed battle pet team

Unread post by Rawr »

Theres a mech cat from gnomergone :mrgreen:

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Looking to fill out an Engineering-themed battle pet tea

Unread post by Magli »

Yeah, I have one of them. (It's why I decided to start doing pet battles--I wanted one of them and one of the mechanical bear cubs from Winterspring.) It's cute, but alas, still mechanical.

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Maybe you could use Oily Slimeling for a Magic pet?

From personal experience, the combo of Acidic Goo + Corrosion + Absorb can literally eat through opponents with devastating results. He also has the magic racial that means he can never be one shot (40% maximum) and has a plethora of different attack types, Magic, Undead, Water and Critter to boot!

And hey, let’s be honest, every good gadget needs a little oil and grease to keep the gears rolling ;)

Lastly maybe a Creepy Crate as an option for undead? (though not overly mecha looking, but still has that hand build quality) or if you want to really splash out, you could use Grunty for a humanoid, he has a little bit of a "Murkstronaut" look to him, but certainly hits that mech look with his gun toting behaviour :)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Magli »

Oooo, I like that idea. Lots of different attack types, including water, and it works with the theme better than my initial thoughts. Thanks, Spiritbinder!