Design-A-Battlepet!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Design-A-Battlepet!

Unread post by Equeon »

Hey there, forumgoing player! Are you 100% satisfied with what minipets you own? Do you ever wish you could create your own battlepet? If the answer to any of those questions was yes- wait, no, sorry... hang on a second. Aha! If the answer to the first question was no, and the second one was yes, then search no further!

Here at Design-A-Battlepet™®, we give pet collectors and pet battlers alike a chance to create the pets of their dreams! All you have to do is...
1. Think of a name for your pet.

2. Find a nice picture of the pet model and skin you'd want! You can make it yourself or find a picture off the web.

3. Decide what pet type your creature is.

4. Post one or two different locations where the pet could be captured, rewarded or drop from.

5. Create a description for your pet. Try to make it seem like the ones in the existing Pet Journal.

6. Have fun!

(Optional, do only if you have a really good idea for a new ability!)

7. Create its abilities! If you have time, you can format them to be all fancy- see below. Otherwise, just put the names of the abilities. If you create a new move, then explain it at the bottom of your post. This is so that the formatting works nicely.
I've gone ahead and classified my own pets into what expansion they fit into best. This is based on what zone or boss they would come from.

Vanilla

Stunted Hydra
Pet Type: Beast

Location: A wild pet that can be found in the cave that leads to Wailing Caverns, or a drop from the rare Trigore the Lasher.

Abilities:
Claw - Exposed Wounds- Dreadful Breath
Flame Breath - Acidic Goo - Frost Spit

Description: "A hardy breed, stunted hydras can be quite vicious despite their size. Other creatures soon learn to fear their three heads working together as one."

UPDATE: You can now get a similar pet through Gahz'rooki, which drops from Kor'Kron mobs in the Northern Barrens.

Burning Crusade

Vilewing Pup
Pet Type: Flying

Location: Wild pet in Shadowmoon Valley, found near Adult Vilewing Chimaeras

Abilities:
Claw - Poison Spit - Howl
Frost Spit - Deep Freeze - Call Blizzard

Description: "Adult Vilewing Chimaeras are the bane of many adventurers who wish to traverse the scorched lands of Shadowmoon Valley."

UPDATE: You can now get a similar pet through Albino Chimaeraling, a rare reward from the level 3 Menagerie pet battle daily.

Wrath of the Lich King

Pygmy Jormungar

Abilities:
Tail Sweep - Poison Spit - Burrow
Devour - Rip - Rend

Description: "Jormungar have dominated the food chains of Northrend for millions of years."

Info is continued on the next post...

Post updated as of October 2015! Check out the suggested pets that you can now get in the real game.
Last edited by Equeon on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Re: Design-A-Battlepet!

Unread post by Equeon »

Cataclysm

Firehawk Fledgling
Pet Type: Elemental

Location: Wild pet from Molten Front or a drop from Alysrazor in the Firelands.

Abilities:
Peck - Cauterize -Conflagrate
Immolate - Burn - Firestorm*

UPDATE: SUCCESS! You can now get your very own firehawk hatchling through Blazing Firehawk, sold by the Order of the Awakened quartermaster at Exalted reputation.

Mists of Pandaria

Pterrorwing Hatchling
Pet Type: Flying

Location: Wild pet on the Isle of Thunder, or a zone drop from any mob on that island.

Abilities:
Bite - Screech - Predatory Strike
Flyby - Ancient Blessing - Lift-Off

Description: "Young pterrorwings are captured by the Zandalari and trained while they are still docile. Once a hatchling is a month or older, it has learned to become extremely aggressive in order to scare away potential predators."

Lightning-Charged Lurker
Pet Type: Elemental

Location: Relatively rare wild pet from Isle of Thunder, underwater.

Abilities:
Surge - Clobber - Takedown
Jolt - Paralyzing Shock - Thunderbolt

Description: These elusive relatives of the murloc are fierce underwater predators, electrified with the power of the Isle of Thunder.

--------------------------------------------------
Updates!

BC Raids
BC Raids 2

WotLK Raids Part 1 and Dragon Soul, courtesy of Qraljar
WotLK Raids, Part 1 + Dragon Soul

Themed Updates
The Bird Update

--------------------------------------------------
Custom Abilities Explained

Firehawk Fledgling
Firestorm - Functions exactly like Cyclone, except it does Fire damage.
Last edited by Equeon on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Vanilla

Gnoll Pup
Pet Type: Humanoid

Location: A wild little Gnoll pet that can be found sitting around the Gnoll camps of Redridge or Elwynn Forest.

Abilities:
Bite - Take Down- Crush
Howl -Clobber -Dreadful Breath

Description: "Pet store only setback!"

Siggy under construction!

Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Zhinru »

Rejected Swarmborn

Abilities:
(to be determined)

Description: "This swarmborn was rejected by the Mantids for not being vicious enough. Preyed on by other swarmborn, it somehow got preserved in amber, perhaps as an example of a weakling. Now restored to life, he seeks to repair his reputation."
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

World Event: Lunar Festival

Spawn of Omen
Pet Type: Magic

Location: Dropped upon defeating Omen, or spawns as a wild pet in Moonglade for an hour after Omen is defeated.

Abilities:
Frost Shock (Start) - Howl (Level 2) - Arcane Explosion (Level 4)
Moonfire (Level 10) - Howling Blast (Level 15) - Blistering Cold (Level 20)

Description: "Sometimes, a few of Omen's spawn slip through when the demon appears every Lunar Festival. These pups are too young to tell friend from foe, so they are easily caught and trained."
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Excellent ideas, folks! Keep them coming! Zhinru beat me to the punch with a mini-mantid battlepet. Expect a kunchong, yak, spiky crab, mount-water-strider, quilen, and more in the next few days.
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

Animated Armor

Abilities:
(to be determined)

Description: "'Living steel' is more than just a name. When properly bent and shaped, this piece of miniature armor took on a life of its own. Whether it's related to very similarly looking revenants, only time will tell."
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Re: Design-A-Battlepet! Update: BC raids!

Unread post by Equeon »

With the news that even more BC raid pets are coming in a future patch, I've decided to have some fun and do the work for Blizzard. ;)
The raids that do not have pets currently are:

Sunwell Plateau
Gruul's Lair
Magtheridon's Lair
Hyjal Summit
Black Temple

Abilities, or linked abilities, will come in a future update. Maybe. :P

Sunwell Plateau

Enslaved Painbringer

Description: "Demons such as the Painbringers are vulnerable to capture after their masters are destroyed."

Voidhound

Description: "These foul creatures, summoned from the void, are corrupted relatives of the core hound."

UPDATE: SUCCESS! You can now get your very own chaos hound through Chaos Pup, dropped by Entropius.

Dark Fiend

Description: "The fallen naaru's death released foul magic energies from eternal imprisonment."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gruul's Lair

Felstalker

Description: "Olm the Summoner didn't quite grasp the concept of enslaving demons. The felstalkers he summoned were extremely rowdy and untamed. Unfortunately for you, this one is no different."

Scamper

Description: "After Gruul was slain by a courageous band of adventurers, this diminutive gronn crawled out of a nearby hole. Clearly the runt of the litter, this must be Gruul's eighth son."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magtheridon's Lair

Shrunken Pitlord

Description: "Not the fel orcs' finest creation."
Last edited by Equeon on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Hyjal Summit

Gargoyle Screecher
Pet Type: Undead

Description: "The forces of the Scourge use gargoyles to assault enemies from above. The monsters, either made of stone or flesh, are extremely fierce and never stop a pursuit."

UPDATE: SUCCESS! You can now get your very own wee gargoyle through Grotesque, dropped by Azgalor.

Lesser Doomguard

Description: "Doomguard are used for tasks of brute force, such as taking over Hyjal Summit and crushing those who stand in the way."

Rebellious Frostwyrm

Description: "This reanimated drake, barely more than a whelp, was found rustling in an overturned supply wagon after Archimonde's forces were defeated. It appears to have been freed from the Scourge's control."

And, finally...
Black Temple

Young Leviathan

Description: "The bog-dwelling hydras of Outland make faithful pets for the Naga."

UPDATE: SUCCESS! You can now get your very own Leviathan Hydra through Leviathan Hatchling, dropped by High Warlord Naj'entus.

Feral Wolf Spirit

Description: "The ghost wolves of the spirit realm are often called upon by shaman in times of need."

Bone Construct

Description: "Bone-golems such as these are swift, deadly, and cheap to make, causing them to be highly valued by undead forces."

Freed Soul

Description: "When the Reliquary of Souls was shattered, hundreds of thousands of imprisoned spirits poured out of it. Some were more grateful for their release than others."

Dark Watcher

Description: "These stunted beholders can be found lurking all over the Black Temple. Strangely, they can be befriended with large amounts of raw meat."

Netherdrake Hatchling
Pet Type: Dragonkin

Description: "When Illidan's forces were finally crushed, the fel orcs of Shadowmoon were soon torn apart by the formerly enslaved nether-drakes."

And that's all for now! Give me feedback, please! :D
Last edited by Equeon on Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Great ideas! Needless to say I love most, if not all of those!

I'll try to create some of my own later.

( I still love the raid battle-pet idea, even if I'm a bit disappointed with the 5.3 raid pets. Was hoping to have a Tiny Lurker Below. :( )
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I would love to have a Voidhound or Felstalker!
Zhinru
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Zhinru »

I don't think there's a "Demon" type of pets.
Equeon
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Equeon »

Zhinru wrote:I don't think there's a "Demon" type of pets.
Wow, looking back on this, I think my brain broke. With "Beast" and "Undead" I think I got confused with the different classifications of non-pet NPCs. Fixed accordingly. :lol:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I would like to see Chimaera and Jormungar pets; I'd like a Wind Serpent, too. Maybe the Hydra from Trigore, and a Wind Serpent from WC.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Gir ( :headbang: )
Gir-vector2-1-.png
Gir-vector2-1-.png (27.19 KiB) Viewed 4505 times
Pet Type: Mechanical

Abilities:
Tongue Lash (Start) (I can't really see him jabbing or punching someone, but licking yes.) - Nut Barrage (Level 2) (He will yell "Salted nuts!" when he does it.) - Inspiring Song (Level 4) (He will sing the Doom Song, or at least part of it.)
Dazzling Dance (10) (He will say "I'm dancen like a monkey!") - Lift-Off (Level 15) (With cute little smoke clouds under his feet.) - Explode (Level 20) (He will yell "FINELY! *giggle*")

Idle animations include; running in circles saying "I'm running, I'm running!", rolling on the floor before which he says "I'm going to roll around on the floor for a bit, k.", Gir's eyes turn red and he says "Blend in with the indigenous life, analyze their weaknesses, prepare the planet for the coming madness, yay!", randomly says things like "Tell me a story about giant pigs!" "Somebody needs a hug!" "Awww... I wanted to explode." "*starts crying* I miss my cupcake.", randomly sings the Doom Song. (I could go one but I would be here all night. :lol: )

Description: "No one knows what the 'G' stands for." :mrgreen:

Slapperfish

(deleted)

Unread post by Slapperfish »

(deleted)
Last edited by Slapperfish on Sun May 09, 2021 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Says you, I have been asking at the bottom of my forum posts and GM tickets (including conversations) for the past 5 or 6 years. Someone has to have heard me by now :P :mrgreen:

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Slapperfish wrote:Now, now, just because Blizzard made an ingame model for the big-headed robot mascot of a movie production company doesn't mean they'll go around doing it for everyone. :P
I was just thinking last night that I'd rather have a Pixar lamp mini-pet than a Bad Robot :)
Rawr

Unread post by Rawr »

Rawr wrote:Says you, I have been asking at the bottom of my forum posts and GM tickets (including conversations) for the past 5 or 6 years. Someone has to have heard me by now :P :mrgreen:
Forgot to add this http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic ... 70#p144770 :lol: Did everyone ever get what they wanted? :mrgreen:

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Well, as promised, my additions:

The Burning Crusade

Teeny Lurker Above

Pet Type: Aquatic

Description: "A small kraken. Doesn't it just look cute, with its huge teeth and cries of death? Tiny cries of death!"

Wrath of the Lich King:

Ulduar:

XR-200J-G5

Description: "A prototype miniature version of the infamous Flame Leviathan siege tank."

Razorscale Hatchling

Pet Type: Dragonkin

Description: "Before the augmentation of armor plates on Veranus, Ignis tested the procedure out on one of her hatchlings. The procedure was too intense for the hatchling to cope with, and the whelpling ended up incapable of separating friend from foe."

Steelbouncer

Description:
"This miniature version of Steelbreaker and his titanic iron brethren was first created when tampering with various prototypes. The madness consuming Ulduar has caused a form of amnesia within this creature; it no longer knows what it has to attack."

Tiny Sanctum Kitten

Description: "These teeny tiny feline-shaped bundles of metal joy forgot whom to attack after being separated from their mistress, Auriaya."

Miniature Command Unit

Description: "Not yet programmed, these useful miniature versions of Mimiron's 'Aerial Command Unit' have overwhelming firepower."

Private Xazev

Description: "This creature is bluntly said, a wondrous anomaly. An inexplicably tiny, harmless version of the imposing General Vezax of the Faceless that will indubitably intrigue many researchers and scientists."

Organic Saronite

Description: "A harmless replica of Yogg-Saron; something no-one but the Old God itself may ever be able to explain. They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but it's doubtful that that phrase holds any water if the one you want to flatter is yourself."

Alternatively, because no matter how cool a tiny Yogg-Saron would be, it seems unlikely, sadly:

Faceless Hatchling

Description: "A footsoldier deemed unworthy of Yogg-Saron's command due to its tiny size and harmless semantics; its tie to the Death God was forcibly severed, leaving it to wander aimlessly."

Tiny Hologram

Description: "A tiny hologram that looks like Algalon the Observer, left by him as a gift to the brave adventurers that bested him and showed him that there may yet be a chance for Azeroth to cleanse the corruption on their own."

Living Constellation

Description: ".. No words."

Cataclysm:

Dragon Soul:

Lesschok

Pet Type:
Elemental

Description: "A tiny version of Morchok, too immature or too powerless yet to assume a proper own will, it followed Morchok, assuming the gigantic elemental would take care of him."

Tentacle of Go'Rath

Pet Type:
Magic

Description: "One of Go'Rath's tentacles, previously at the Faceless Warlord's beck and call now follows you. Perhaps it has acknowledged you?"

Sma'jijh the Sleeper

Pet Type:
Magic

Description: "Unlike its master, this little faceless mindbender does sleep whenever it desires."

Tiny Amalgamation

Pet Type:
Magic

Description: "A miniature amalgamation of Deathwing's corrupted blood. It seems disoriented.."

Elementium Fragment

Pet Type:
Magic

Description: "A mixture of the Old God's tentacles, Deathwing's vile blood, and small pieces of broken elementium armor plating."

Pandaria

Technically not a new pet, but rather a model change:

Jumping Spider

Pet Type:[/b] Beast

Description: "This terrifying and highly venomous species leaps onto its prey from the Jade Forest's dense canopy."

Ability added: Leap/pounce, because.. - jumping spider.
Leap

"Instantly deals 15 Beast damage and increases your speed by 100% for 1 round."

http://www.wowhead.com/petability=364

I felt the current Jumping Spider abilities and model didn't do it justice. Obviously, the Nerubianspiderling model is not completely correct either, but with its legs in a position that seem ideal for leaping/pouncing, and huge eyes, they may as well just say that they are the WoW equivalent of Jumping Spiders.

As for them looking Nerubian.. well, we have mouse pets with rat models and lizard/monitor pets with warpstalker models. I think the new model would be an upgrade either way. It fits in well with Jade Forest's surroundings, and it looks great!

Besides, quite a lot of people want that model to be available in some shape or form. I still want it as a tameable spider (despite possessing 6 legs), but a battle pet is a good start!
Last edited by Qraljar on Thu May 02, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!