Petopia: Starter Pets

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Petopia: Starter Pets

Unread post by Mania »

I have some basic information up on Petopia now about the pets that hunters start with at level 1.

Most interesting to me: at level 10 you can turn your fake starter pet (which acts more like a guardian) into a real hunter pet.
Saturo

Re: Petopia: Starter Pets

Unread post by Saturo »

Gnome Cannot be hunters.
NOOOOoooooo! :(

So these guardian pets will have their special spells, even as plain guardians? Splendid!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Mania wrote:Most interesting to me: at level 10 you can turn your fake starter pet (which acts more like a guardian) into a real hunter pet.
This right here is why I am exceedingly annoyed that the Tauren are starting with a purple tallstrider.

Thanks Mania!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Ungoro
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shattered Halls PVP EU

Unread post by Ungoro »

Mania wrote:Most interesting to me: at level 10 you can turn your fake starter pet (which acts more like a guardian) into a real hunter pet.
Very nice, if my worgen and his mastiff get along, he'll be there to stay and even longer time to bond. But like Kalioope said, Tauren are very lucky getting that Tallstrider.

Ungoro of Khadgar

<Disturbing The Peace>

http://dragcave.net/user/Ungoro

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love all the choices, but guh...why the purple Tallstrider?? It's just so out of place! :/
Kalliope

It's the only one of the starter pets I have any issue with. :/

YouTube Edition

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Same here. It doesn't fit the tauren, as stated so often before.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I can't quite place my finger on it, but something seems like it doesn't fit in...

Attachments
123.png
123.png (663.46 KiB) Viewed 969 times
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Just one thing - and I might be off base... The video linked here shows the worgen starting area played through on a hunter. He does have a pet bar (pops up first ~2:56), the skills aren't greyed out... He doesn't actually use his pet (I mean come on, he melees!!! What kind of a hunter is he???) so I've no idea if the bar is interactive or not.

It makes sense to introduce that element slowly, I just wanted to point out what I saw in the video.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

Sarayana wrote:Just one thing - and I might be off base... The video linked here shows the worgen starting area played through on a hunter. He does have a pet bar (pops up first ~2:56), the skills aren't greyed out... He doesn't actually use his pet (I mean come on, he melees!!! What kind of a hunter is he???) so I've no idea if the bar is interactive or not.

It makes sense to introduce that element slowly, I just wanted to point out what I saw in the video.
Hes a hunter noob and he does things to be funny more often than not if I remember correctly he plays a troll mage. Also keep in mind that its beta and buggy so some things may appear off. I loved that video though - TotalHalibut is a hoot to watch and his narration is even funnier :lol: - I dont have issues with any of the pets, if tauren want a peacock in their plains let them have one.. <.< Kind of akward though and if they do that then they should make low level versions of those birds so everyone can get them if they'd like. I wish that undead had the undead wolf or bear however it just seems more fitting to me :roll:

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

pooooooor gnomes :(
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

What's I read on the beta forums (actually from the alpha testing, but there you are) was that the pet bar used to show up for starter pets but would go away the first time they leveled -- and that now it doesn't usually show up at all.

I'd love to get some more confirmation on that, though.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Jangalian »

...has NO ONE NOTICED that the white riding tiger skin can now be used as a pet? One can only hope that this skin will be included elsewhere in the game, so that non-nelf hunters can tame one too. I'm banking on that Blizzard will upgrade old Bangalash to this model.

They probably wanted to give tauren hunters the Mazz skin as a starter pet, since every tauren tames him anyways, but then they wanted to keep him rare but still give the taurens something other than the drab, brown, boring skin. I'm not saying it doesn't match...but everything is subject to change.

One hopes that mastiffs will get a new skeleton, because the choice to use the saberworg is a really bad one. It may even put me off of a mastiff. >_<'
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Kalliope

Jangalian wrote:...has NO ONE NOTICED that the white riding tiger skin can now be used as a pet? One can only hope that this skin will be included elsewhere in the game, so that non-nelf hunters can tame one too. I'm banking on that Blizzard will upgrade old Bangalash to this model.
It's been stated in other threads already. >_>

YouTube Edition

KeemZ
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Winterhoof

Unread post by KeemZ »

Undead Hunters? WtH!?!? Was kinda warming to Humans being Hunters, but come on Undead?
KeemZ Kill Krew!!1!
Ebonrook
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (US)

Unread post by Ebonrook »

Archery and the like is a staple of many cultures, humans included. Just because they are undead doesn't necessarily make them suddenly incapable of wielding a bow, especially since their Banshee Queen is a former Ranger General and many of the Forsaken are former elves.

Sure, some of them probably wouldn't be the best pet owners in the world, but I'd imagine they'd still be legitimate marksmen.
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

theres several forsaken in northrend that are actually practicing with crossbows and pets on live.iv been wanting an undead hunter for 4 years so i WELCOME this.ill probably race change my hunter main to one when they let us.
i may have to reroll all my little lowbie nelf hunters just for that cat unless it becomes tameable somewhere else...
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo wrote:Same here. It doesn't fit the tauren, as stated so often before.
You mean ignore the fact I've seen around 50 lowbie cows along various servers [and lowbie as in all were lv 10-15] that had Mazzranche? A flamingo? and one was actually named Flamingo too

But anyways what no one is asking the question, Why is Blizzard allowing Tauren hunters access to a Level 70 skin?

UNLESS, that purple tallstriders are going to be made available at lower levels. Meaning there's no reason to get upset.

Edit: also btw I am so for this if it does happen. Mostly as I doubt alot of hunters realize that there is even a purple tallstrider ingame.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

That's players, Ryai, not lore characters.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Saturo wrote:That's players, Ryai, not lore characters.
What does lore have to do with the game anymore anyways? It all gets smashed and done with as blizzard sees fit. But anyways, really, how does lore really affect this? I mean one of the beasts for the tame quest is a tallstrider anyways. Sure lowbie taurens are being given a purple strider, but I'm not seeing people as upset about Nevles atm having an unavailable petskin as their starting pet.

And besides it's still beta anyways, the pet skins could be changed.