Petopia Cataclysm Spreadsheet

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Petopia Cataclysm Spreadsheet

Unread post by Mania »

When alpha was announced I posted a spreadsheet on Mania's Arcania where alpha testers could record changes they saw to Cataclysm beasts without breaking their NDA, and then send it to me when the NDA was lifted.

Somehow, not a lot of alpha testers were interested in my monster spreadsheet of doom ... *sigh* ... But a few were! :)

And now that the NDA is lifted and beta has started, I've compiled that data into a single spreadsheet and posted it on Google docs: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... tbnc&hl=en

It's publicly viewable as a web page, and I should be able to give edit access to a few people to help manage the damned thing.

Anyway, this is cool for two reasons:
  1. If you are in the beta and want to help gather info, you can see what's known and what's missing and plan your data gathering appropriately.
  2. Whether or not you are in the beta, you have direct access to see whatever pet info we know at any moment, without waiting for someone to post about it.
As an example of #2, let's grab a random tab here ... Ah, Kalimdor. Shoot -- in the latest build (12319), the silithid wasps could still not be tamed. But the Ghost Saber was seen in build 12164, so that's a good sign.

How about Eastern Kingdoms? Interesting -- there's a low-level black owl in Duskwood. Princess, the boar in Elywnn Forest, is now grey instead of yellow.

So poke about, let me know what you think ... and remember, this isn't my spreadsheet of doom. It's our spreadsheet of doom. *grin*
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Re: Petopia Cataclysm Spreadsheet

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Mania wrote:When alpha was announced I posted a spreadsheet on Mania's Arcania where alpha testers could record changes they saw to Cataclysm beasts without breaking their NDA, and then send it to me when the NDA was lifted.

Somehow, not a lot of alpha testers were interested in my monster spreadsheet of doom ... *sigh* ... But a few were! :)

And now that the NDA is lifted and beta has started, I've compiled that data into a single spreadsheet and posted it on Google docs: https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key ... l=en&gid=3

It's publicly viewable as a web page, and I should be able to give edit access to a few people to help manage the damned thing.

Anyway, this is cool for two reasons:
  1. If you are in the beta and want to help gather info, you can see what's known and what's missing and plan your data gathering appropriately.
  2. Whether or not you are in the beta, you have direct access to see whatever pet info we know at any moment, without waiting for someone to post about it.
As an example of #2, let's grab a random tab here ... Ah, Kalimdor. Shoot -- in the latest build (12319), the silithid wasps could still not be tamed. But the Ghost Saber was seen in build 12164, so that's a good sign.

How about Eastern Kingdoms? Interesting -- there's a low-level black owl in Duskwood. Princess, the boar in Elywnn Forest, is now grey instead of yellow.

So poke about, let me know what you think ... and remember, this isn't my spreadsheet of doom. It's our spreadsheet of doom. *grin*
Who is Sandra ? Did you accidentally leave your real name in the spreadsheet ?
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

I just didn't bother to remove it. I believe I've mentioned my first name before, but better that than you find out my middle initial! ;)
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Mania wrote:I just didn't bother to remove it. I believe I've mentioned my first name before, but better that than you find out my middle initial! ;)
How bad could that be ?
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Just for you, I've changed the comments. (Well actually because it was slightly confusing.)
Zangor
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Lightbringer-US Nessingwary-US

Unread post by Zangor »

alot of the new zone stuff has not been changed to beasts so we wont know for sure what everything will be till some time i guess
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Mania wrote:Just for you, I've changed the comments. (Well actually because it was slightly confusing.)
Almost look's you got a split personality going on there now. haha
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Removed by Rawr :|
Last edited by Rawr on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Sorry! Is there anything I could do that would make it better? Or is it just too much to take in?

I'll still be bringing the coolest stuff to everyone's attention. But I know some people want the raw data.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Mania wrote:Sorry! Is there anything I could do that would make it better? Or is it just too much to take in?

I'll still be bringing the coolest stuff to everyone's attention. But I know some people want the raw data.
Will you be doing this as Sandra or Mania ? Perhaps as both ? You could take turns. One post as Mania ...One as Sandra..*runs and hides*
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Removed by Rawr :|
Last edited by Rawr on Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

AdamSavage wrote:Will you be doing this as Sandra or Mania ? Perhaps as both ? You could take turns. One post as Mania ...One as Sandra..*runs and hides*
Hmph. It's just not updating right. I'll have to fiddle with it.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Mania tamed Sandra, tbqh.

I'm amazed that Princess's appearance changed. And WOW, the blue hyenas appear to be in Tanaris now!!! NEAT!

....and oh my god, there's a monkey named Spanks. *facepalm*

This spreadsheet is FANTASTIC! Thank you for organizing and thank you to the contributors for...contributing! I wish there was room for pictures on it. xD

Oh, and if you want to make it easier to read, you could try alternating colors on the rows in the spreadsheet, if that's an option.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Unggoy
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Eredar

Unread post by Unggoy »

That is a LOT of info. lol
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Kalliope wrote:Oh, and if you want to make it easier to read, you could try alternating colors on the rows in the spreadsheet, if that's an option.
Good suggestion! I think I figured out how to do that.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

YAY!!!

Strider Clutchmother Tallstrider tallstriderskinturquoise 20 20 Yes Darkshore

Looks like my blue beauty will still be wandering around Darkshore somewhere, or at least in this build. Hopefully she sticks around! :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Ah, I hate to tell you this Rhyela, but if it doesn't have a type of change (even if that is None) and a build number listed then it means that it hasn't been seen yet in the beta.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Oh, so I read it completely wrong, then. Nooooo! :lol: :cry:

Edit: For the strider clutchmother, there were no notes and no build number. So I assume that means it has not yet been seen.

On an interesting note, there's a new pink tallstrider that is tameable. :)
Deviate Plainstrider Tallstrider tallstriderskinpink Southern Barrens New 12266 Does not keep the glittery effect.
Last edited by Rhyela on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Well we just don't know yet. There is still plenty of time for her to show up.
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Could you link the skin names to pictures for the visually oriented?

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]