Breaking Araga... *Araga loves beware*

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Breaking Araga... *Araga loves beware*

Unread post by Victorelle »

Sorry cant get a screenshot for this maybe one one will...

I got on my dad's cata beta and started flying around ALL OVER the place... Well I came across the Barrens and just a little bit south og what now remains of Camp T, I coudnt believe it! I saw 2 cats with Araga's skin! they were about 32 sorry I dont remember... They are not rares (they havent put many rares in yet, Ive only found 1 tamable one and it was Vultros [misspell] and hes now lvl 10) But I was like :o :shock: I mean... REALLY Blizz first Humar now Araga? whos next? our white lion? so yea... Araga will now also be a common pet just like Humar...

Also I found a new Eagle Skin in Loch Moden it was in the south east part of it they are called Golden Eagles... they are awesome looking...
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Re: Breaking Araga... *Araga loves beware*

Unread post by Tilo »

screenshots or it didn't happen :mrgreen:
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

...Darnit. >.>
Oh well. I guess I can't argue. They wanted a new cat skin, so they used one that they had only used once.
Still. :-/ Araga was one of the only absolutely unique cats left.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Tough I am unsure why they would use such a buggy skin in the first place, I think we should be happy. This will make it a lot easier to get it.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

I think I would have rathered their original plan of a mass tidal wave that wipes out her habitat than this, quite personally.

Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

Vultros is level ten? My poor baby. I guess I should be glad she's still around, at least...
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kastarakovski wrote:I think I would have rathered their original plan of a mass tidal wave that wipes out her habitat than this, quite personally.
So wait, you'd rather have a skin extinct, than common?

Araga will now also be a common pet just like Humar...
Ignore the fact if she spawned in a less heavy traffic zone, had a somewhat shorter respawn timer, something equal to Humar's, she'd be as common as Humar. In all my game time I have only seen Araga once in the wild and twice tamed. The only thing keeping her rare is where she is/how long her respawn timer is [2/3 days I've heard].

Blizzard is actually showing they may actually care that hunters might not want pet skins extinct and this shows they will probably do something similar for Clutchmother, and people are coming forth and actually saying subtly, they'd rather see a skin extinct than common?

What if this gives Blizz the wrong message and they remove the OTHER one of a kind rarespawns instead of keeping them ingame.
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Ryai wrote:
Kastarakovski wrote:I think I would have rathered their original plan of a mass tidal wave that wipes out her habitat than this, quite personally.
So wait, you'd rather have a skin extinct, than common?

Gezzarak The Huntress. Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
My query is why should the most unique cat skin be suddenly used for other felines after 5 years of not being touched?

I still didn't understand why Humar suddenly got Pitch at higher levels after being he was the only black lion for nearly the same amount of time.
It just doesn't strike me as a brilliant decision. I'm sorry. After the hell I went through to get Araga, this is just stupid on Blizzard's part.

Jeydis
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Arathor / Arthas - US

Unread post by Jeydis »

Keep in mind guys that the beta isnt final, particularly for skins. So dont go off the deep end with this kind of stuff.

Jeydis on Arathor-US
Click HERE to request a Signature or Avatar from me!
~~~~~~~~~
Flight Rising Lair

Slickrock
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock »

Yeah, I'd rather see rare skins go extinct than common. But to be honest, thinking of all the rare pet skins in the game, and the truly rare ones, there are very few that stand out to me that much if you wash your mind of the idea that they are "rare". Loq' and Aotona are two of the few that do.

So for a skin like Araga, I'd rather see extinct and preserve the "badge of honor" that was earned by those who spend hours and hours camping for it.

Just like I'd be royally pissed if the TLPD showed up available at a vendor next week.

They can always make new skins. They don't need to reuse the old rares.
Account has been closed at user's request.
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

Although I am not entirely sure, unless if Alterac Mountains is gonna have a huge remodeling which may make Araga extinct, I don't see why they should have more cats with her skin. I'd rather see them put the stripes back on her tail.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Thats a hell of a lot greedy saying youd rather have the skin go away than let other new hunters tame a skin they might like just cos you don't want people who may not have the time to camp for ages get it. you have got to remmber theres others out there who may start playing after cata comes out.
Kryte
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Kryte »

Getting a pet shouldn't be about getting a badge, just another notch on your taming stick. It's about having a companion that fits with you and your style, something you can form an attachment to.

I've never been interested in the Araga skin, personally, but I'm glad it will be around for future hunters to treasure.
Slickrock

cowmuflage wrote:Thats a hell of a lot greedy saying youd rather have the skin go away than let other new hunters tame a skin they might like just cos you don't want people who may not have the time to camp for ages get it.
Really?.. really?

So you would rather have your stable full of rares made common so everyone can tame them? It doesn't diminish the effort you spent trying to tame them back in the day?

I remember the uproar when Humar showed up again as "Pitch" and how many hunters abandoned Humar in protest. So I guess they were all greedy bastards too.

I would rather that the rares stay rare, but, I would rather rares go away than become common.

And let's be real about it.. (PLEASE, no offense meant to Araga lovers here), if Araga is really made common, do you think that many people will really go out and tame her? There are quite a few other cat models that would be more popular.

So if you think I am a greedy bastard because I want to preserve the uniqueness of particular pet skin, and give some respect to those who spent time camping for that skin, then ya, perhaps I am a greed bastard.
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:Thats a hell of a lot greedy saying youd rather have the skin go away than let other new hunters tame a skin they might like just cos you don't want people who may not have the time to camp for ages get it. you have got to remmber theres others out there who may start playing after cata comes out.
I'm sorry. Maybe you missed my point?
I would LOVE a chance at a Ghost Wolf. A Ghost Hydra even. Gezzarak on another of my 80's.
But you know the downside to that? Every last hunter and their mother would have one. No effort required, you'd be handed the low-level version on a silver platter. Quick, easy, painless.

Now tell me again how that's not degrading to a Hunter who put the time, effort and gold into taming one of the original beasties like Gezz and the Grimtotem Spirit Guide?

Koriani
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Koriani »

meh I don't get the upset/angry/hurt feelings or whatever about a skin - there's no rhyme/logic/or reason that a rare skin is "rare" or a "rare" pet is rare.

Anyone can get ANY of them. If you like your pet because they are "Rare" then go get a REALLY rare pet - like on my server I *never* see wasps or chimeras. I rarely see a majority of pets outside of the actually rare spirit beast spawns; cats, and wolves (the skiny ones not the worgs).

If its put into game as rare you're automatically going to attract half the hunter population to tame it; even if they get rid of it. Keep your pets because you like them- wether its "rare" or not. YOu'll see - after the "die down" of immediate "OMG I CAN TAME THIS NOW" they'll disappear again and you'll be "rare" again. After loc' went in, saw tons - now rarely see them. I've got Skoll - rarely see anyone else with him out. I've seen ONE spirit bear recently, though I saw numerous ones right after he was "released". People get spirit beasts as if its a badge that says "look how long I camped" and then never use them again after the first 2 weeks in game. I got mine Skoll cuz I love wolves and he's shocky! :) (I've also had black worgs, armored black worg, ghosty spirit guide, purple hyena...several wolves at once usually lol).

Black lions may be a "regular" mob now, but I've not seen anymore black lions runing around than I ever did in the past (I see very few lions really).

Heck if you want something rare - go tame the most easy to find, most numerous, beast spawns/colors in game - THAT is a hunter pet almost noone else will have!

Otherwise love your pet cuz you love it. If you only want pets you see noone else have - sit on your current pets, then wait a month after launch and see what people have settled into :). Or just go get some BC and NR skins, when Caty comes out those will be pretty rare too XD
Koriani - Twin Hoizons - Feathermoon
Main pet: "ghost" wolf named Darsha!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

i was trying to say every hunter should have a chance to tame the skin they like and it's not fair to make a skin go away just so that a few hunters can have a skin no others can get. It is greedy to say "well if they make it so others can get the skin i like then i want it gone so know one can get it" How is that fair on others? maybe new comers to the game?
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kastarakovski wrote:I still didn't understand why Humar suddenly got Pitch at higher levels after being he was the only black lion for nearly the same amount of time.
Because it's possible there are some people who have never seen Humar, or have had him ganked from under their noses. Or have been ganked themselves.

And even Echayekee has a counterpart. Perhaps they did the same for Humar because there is a more reliable way to obtain the white lion, than their is for the black lion?
It just doesn't strike me as a brilliant decision. I'm sorry. After the hell I went through to get Araga, this is just stupid on Blizzard's part.
And? This doesn't take it away. You know you tamed Araga. Nothing will take away from it- and your argument is already invalid because I've tamed King Mosh on Ryai, it was a helluva struggle to do so, and he looks exactly like a Tyrant Devilsaur. What made Mosh and the other Kings unique was taken away when Devilsaur's walk was fixed. Now he looks just like any old devilsaur, but does it take away from my tame?

Hell no.

I'm sorry but it feels like you're being to narrow minded and selfish- I like the fact Blizzard seems to be GIVING A DAMN about NOT denying us skins.

Now tell me again how that's not degrading to a Hunter who put the time, effort and gold into taming one of the original beasties like Gezz and the Grimtotem Spirit Guide?
Translation: I had to level to 40 for basic mount, and 60 for epic, yet people can buy basic at 30!
Translation: I had to level to 30 for basic mount and 60 for epic, now people can buy basic at 20 and epic at 40!
Translation: I had to buy epic flight at 70 and it cost 2k, now it's available at 60 for 500g!?
Translation: Change QQ more here and so forth.

If having beasts so damn common takes their 'specialness' away from your tames, either you're not really focused right or you really didn't care about the tame at all and just want a shiny pet all to yourself.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Though it sucks that it makes her less special, I would rather see a lot of Araga than no Araga. Of the two options for a female mountain lion, I've always thought the Araga version had much more character, especially in the face. I would rather see Araga's children than the other mountain lions.
And, even though no one will know it's Araga, which sad to say most people probably don't know anyway, you will know. Kind of like I know my blue kitty is Rak'shiri, my orange hyena is the Murderous Blisterpaw, those who have tamed King Mosh know it's Mosh not a regular Tyrant Devilsaur, etc.
That said, I would rather her stay unique. And get her stripes back so that everyone knew it was Araga and utterly unique. I wish there were more rares that really and truly were rares, unique in the game, on par with Old Cliff Jumper, Krush, Aotona and the Spirit Beasts. I wish Pitch was a girl and thus lacked the mane.
I also hate the removal of skins. I will never have the chance at the hard to get, but get-able ghost wolf, or Gezzerak. They were gone before I even started.
Slickrock

Kryte wrote:Getting a pet shouldn't be about getting a badge, just another notch on your taming stick. It's about having a companion that fits with you and your style, something you can form an attachment to.
Now that's a better argument.

I will admit to getting caught up in taming rares, and there are rare "elitists" around (I might even resemble one from time to time...).

But to be fair, part of the challenge for many here is going out and camping and taming rares. I enjoy that challenge myself. So I'll agree that some take it too far, and will only have "rares" in there stables, but you can't dismiss the work that is put in to tame a rare so easily either.

That's one of the reasons that I started a thread a while back about "What pets would you tame if none were rare" or something like that. Suprisingly, most of the selected pets were not rares. That shows that the value in most of the rares is the fact that they are rare, not the beauty of the model.

Now I do agree with you. But that still doesn't mean that the effort that has been put in should be diminished either.