Status of Ancient Core Hound

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
JayCanuck

Status of Ancient Core Hound

Unread post by JayCanuck »

I'm just curious if it's been determined whether or not the Ancient Core Hound from Molten Core is still there?
Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Re: Status of Ancient Core Hound

Unread post by Undra »

They haven't touched any of the old raids. So those core hounds should still be availible. The pet pass hasn't happened yet.
Doth777
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US Agrammar

Unread post by Doth777 »

There is also red core hounds in Hyjal, but only up to a certain point. After you complete a quest, half the zone becomes phased and you can no longer find them. Unfortunately, these were implemented after my hunter had completed the quest, so I'm not sure if they are tameable, hopefully someone else will be able to find out though. If so, then you can get a Red Core Hound without need of a raid :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Doth777 wrote:There is also red core hounds in Hyjal, but only up to a certain point. After you complete a quest, half the zone becomes phased and you can no longer find them. Unfortunately, these were implemented after my hunter had completed the quest, so I'm not sure if they are tameable, hopefully someone else will be able to find out though. If so, then you can get a Red Core Hound without need of a raid :)
I checked them out tonight. They're just named "Core Hound" and while they're beasts, it says they're untameable.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Satyr

Unread post by Satyr »

Hyjal core hounds are untameable -- common mobs, named quest guys, or elites.

MC entrance is different slightly. Elf is no longer there to talk to. You can enter still through BRD. Also, if you go to where the elf stood, turn to look out the little window and jump through --- you do goto MC. MC core hounds are still tameable.

UBRS The Beast is unknown as of yet for me.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Satyr wrote:Hyjal core hounds are untameable -- common mobs, named quest guys, or elites.

MC entrance is different slightly. Elf is no longer there to talk to. You can enter still through BRD. Also, if you go to where the elf stood, turn to look out the little window and jump through --- you do goto MC. MC core hounds are still tameable.

I have TB on my dwarf so I was wondering about him... please let us know if you get a chance to check on him :?:
Satyr

Unread post by Satyr »

Worba wrote:
Satyr wrote:Hyjal core hounds are untameable -- common mobs, named quest guys, or elites.

I have TB on my dwarf so I was wondering about him... please let us know if you get a chance to check on him :?:

Yes, The Beast is still tameable. Just extremely difficult with all the knockback and such.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Satyr wrote:
Worba wrote:

Yes, The Beast is still tameable. Just extremely difficult with all the knockback and such.
Awesome, thanks.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Good to see him confirmed; I'd like him and Beauty on Kallimon, but have no space. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!