Ongoing personal thread of 'new' finds.

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: New Dog, ongoing personal thread of 'new' finds.

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, I checked WoWhead and they don't list a Green skin anywhere except for the Battle for Undercity. I'll take a look there in beta.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Thanks, Cerah! I would absolutely love to see them again. :) Well, before Cata. xD

It's definitely not these guys, right? Cause they're red. Easy potential error to make, considering all the funky filters on that zone. :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Kalliope wrote:Thanks, Cerah! I would absolutely love to see them again. :) Well, before Cata. xD

It's definitely not these guys, right? Cause they're red. Easy potential error to make, considering all the funky filters on that zone. :D
Even if the zone's colour filters were affecting it, the portrait should show the true colour. It shows green :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Wain wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Thanks, Cerah! I would absolutely love to see them again. :) Well, before Cata. xD

Even if the zone's colour filters were affecting it, the portrait should show the true colour. It shows green :)
EEE! So it was changed in beta!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeee! (I quested up there; they WERE red before.) Yayyyyy! <3 Thanks all for this. :)

YouTube Edition

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Beryl Hounds, blue ones in Borean Tundra, tameable too.

Edit: Hungering Plaguehounds in the Weeping Quarry, tameable - still the red skin.
Kalliope

Albain wrote:Beryl Hounds, blue ones in Borean Tundra, tameable too.

Edit: Hungering Plaguehounds in the Weeping Quarry, tameable - still the red skin.
Hmm, okay! So they're definitely still red? Or maybe some others were changed to green? *headscratch* Either way.....the fact that the green ones exist in the PL is a good sign...

YouTube Edition

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Kalliope wrote:

Hmm, okay! So they're definitely still red? Or maybe some others were changed to green? *headscratch* Either way.....the fact that the green ones exist in the PL is a good sign...
Yep, they're definitely the vargul blighthound skin. Tamed one, dragged it out to look. The green ones are /vividly/ different, there is no way to possibly mistake them as something else. I'm skimming around Icecrown to see if there's other ones.
Kalliope

Albain wrote:
Kalliope wrote:

Yep, they're definitely the vargul blighthound skin. Tamed one, dragged it out to look. The green ones are /vividly/ different, there is no way to possibly mistake them as something else. I'm skimming around Icecrown to see if there's other ones.
Thanks, Albain! :D

YouTube Edition

Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Warpstalkers in Mazthoril, the greenish olive skin. Untameable, but they're there..

Edit: And a lot of other weird things. Man, Mazthoril's gone all whacky with arcane tesseracts.

Edit Edit: Untameable ravagers too.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Albain wrote:Warpstalkers in Mazthoril, the greenish olive skin. Untameable, but they're there..

Edit: And a lot of other weird things. Man, Mazthoril's gone all whacky with arcane tesseracts.

Edit Edit: Untameable ravagers too.
Yeah, they've been there for a few patches now, and have remained untameable. Someone has been working on the place, because the Eredar that were set as beasts are now correctly set as humanoids, but no luck on the warp stalkers and ravagers. One of the ravager skins is actually a new one.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Wain wrote: Yeah, they've been there for a few patches now, and have remained untameable. Someone has been working on the place, because the Eredar that were set as beasts are now correctly set as humanoids, but no luck on the warp stalkers and ravagers. One of the ravager skins is actually a new one.
Bugger. I haven't read through every thread, sadly, it'd take too long and I'm Lazzyyyy. D:

I did however manage to plug -every single new rare beast- into npcscan. :D My new hunting style is 'do archaeology, see what I stumble across as I go'.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Albain wrote:
Wain wrote: Yeah, they've been there for a few patches now, and have remained untameable. Someone has been working on the place, because the Eredar that were set as beasts are now correctly set as humanoids, but no luck on the warp stalkers and ravagers. One of the ravager skins is actually a new one.
Bugger. I haven't read through every thread, sadly, it'd take too long and I'm Lazzyyyy. D:
Actually, I think it wasn't posted in a regular thread, so it was easy to miss. It was first noted by Ummeiko in the untameable skins sticky thread :)
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Ou! Is it noted that the various 'worker' silithids have an abnormal diet from beetles, but are untameable? They have a fungus/meat diet. Beetles are fungus/fruit. Maybe they'll be a proper silithid skin instead of a beetle..
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

So are all of the Demon Hounds and Mage Hunter skins tamable now?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Gimlion wrote:So are all of the Demon Hounds and Mage Hunter skins tamable now?
No. The mage hunter green skin hasn't been, /yet/, found tameable. There's untameable ones with a dog diet, so I'm hoping they'll be tameable soon. But the rest have been located!
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Albain wrote:
Gimlion wrote:So are all of the Demon Hounds and Mage Hunter skins tamable now?
No. The mage hunter green skin hasn't been, /yet/, found tameable. There's untameable ones with a dog diet, so I'm hoping they'll be tameable soon. But the rest have been located!
Ah. ok, Thanks! :mrgreen:

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Vephriel

There are some green mage hunter skins tameable by Alliance. I've got a Demon Hound thread up with all the info gathered in the first post. :)
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Vephriel wrote:There are some green mage hunter skins tameable by Alliance. I've got a Demon Hound thread up with all the info gathered in the first post. :)
...b..baw. ;_; but i'm /horde/. and in a guild nobody but me logs into (I've gotten it up to 12 myself) so I can't quit it to become ally to tame one .... ;O;
Vephriel

It's okay, I'm positive those Plaguehounds will be tameable. :D They were changed to beasts and even have a diet, I bet it's just someone who missed flagging them.
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Albain »

Has EVERY vulture in southern tanaris been the twoheaded kind? Edit when I find out. >_<