New yawning kitty?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kurasu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Emerald Dreams (EU)
Location: Ontario, Canada, but my heart (and account) is in Europe!

Re: New yawning kitty?

Unread post by Kurasu »

I'd be willing to sign the 'turn off sounds' as well. I love the sound, personally. I wouldn't want to turn it off. My hydra's growl makes me happy, my roaring devilsaur makes me bounce, and I love slobbery cat-yawns. However, other people don't, and therefore should be allowed to turn it off so *I* can enjoy my glee-giving sounds, and they don't have to listen to them.
Come see Kurasu's stables!
virgo02
Realm: Shadowsong & Whisperwind

Unread post by virgo02 »

AMEN lol
Snowwfire

Unread post by Snowwfire »

Wassa wrote:Ugh, the slobbery cat yawn is the only pet noise that annoys me. I don't mind crocs growling, stomping of bigger pets, and birds screeching, but that RAWYAAAWWWNNSLOBSLOBLAH. e.e
This!

We should definitely be allowed to at least turn the noise off. I used to have one of those Frost Saber Pride Watchers from Winterspring and I ended up abandoning the bastard cuz of his whiny whiiiiny annoying yawn every 3-seconds...also i had feed-o-matic at the time and it made me think the cat needed to be fed always. I even brought it up to a GM who claimed he knew nothing about it...he apparently was crappily-informed per his job.

In any case I hate the slobber but more than that I HATE the fact that the sound is so god-damned whiny...I've had cats all my life...that is one bitchy cat-sound...having the NE-mount roar sound would be fine but a big whiny petulant groan followed by the sound of flapping slavering jowls (which they don't have mind you) makes me wanna blow my brains out...cats are my fav pets...please please don't make them all sound horrible Blizz :(
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I think for me the problem with the yawn sound effect they chose is that it goes off so damned often because the yawn animation goes off so damned often. I don't mind my Vilebranch wolf's occasional howls, because he doesn't hit that idle animation all that often. But the cats? Yeesh...all the time. Maybe it would help if they randomized the animation so that part of the time it would have sound and the other times it wouldn't. That or give cats a few more idle animations to lower the chance of the yawn going off every couple seconds multiple times in succession.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Snowwfire

Unread post by Snowwfire »

Tahlian wrote:I think for me the problem with the yawn sound effect they chose is that it goes off so damned often because the yawn animation goes off so damned often. I don't mind my Vilebranch wolf's occasional howls, because he doesn't hit that idle animation all that often. But the cats? Yeesh...all the time. Maybe it would help if they randomized the animation so that part of the time it would have sound and the other times it wouldn't. That or give cats a few more idle animations to lower the chance of the yawn going off every couple seconds multiple times in succession.
also this