Amani Bear - Suggest It Becomes Tamable

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Amani Bear - Suggest It Becomes Tamable

Unread post by Gumballs »

I have a request for anyone, ANYONE, who has a beta key.

Could you please please please please make a suggestion to make the Amani Bears and Amani Bear Mount npcs in Zul'Aman tamable. The mobs both have this look:

Here and here are Wowhead links to the two mobs.

I know many many hunters who would love having an armored bear as a pet and so far Blizzard has been listening to the feedback and suggestions sent from the hunter community! So I really hope if enough people suggest it they will turn these beautiful lions tamable.

Thanks <3
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Re: Amani Bear - Suggest It Becomes Tamable

Unread post by bloodysam »

I wish they would atleast bring the mount back into the game (hope)

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'd definitely support this :) And have left suggestions before. Moonlost and I took a look in there tonight and they're still not tameable :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

bloodysam wrote:I wish they would atleast bring the mount back into the game (hope)
I would be ok if they made it a rare drop or something, or else revamped ZA (t'was a fun instance) to lvl 85 and have it in there again. I never had a chance at getting one of those mounts myself, they always looked pretty.

I like having rare feat mounts, but before WOTLK was coming out, there were a lot of guilds on my server selling Bear Mount runs for 5-8k, so it became less of a 'feat' to get one, you just could shell out the gold

~Wain you should also suggest a skin similar to Terropene the turtle but on a bear. Think a Rocky Fire Magma Bear. That would be a neat thing. :) Have you come across any new Bear models or any fancy Bear rares?
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

I'd definitely support this - also could a beta tester please put in a suggestion for the red EPL beetles as well? ;)
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Wain wrote:I'd definitely support this :) And have left suggestions before. Moonlost and I took a look in there tonight and they're still not tameable :(
:( Makes me sadfaced. I would LOVE to get the mount, but I would also love to get one as a pet. Maybe Blizzard will realize lots of hunters in the community want one and will change it sometime before release.
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

Wain wrote:I'd definitely support this :) And have left suggestions before. Moonlost and I took a look in there tonight and they're still not tameable :(
As an aside, I checked most everything except the spawned eagles on akilzon and the lynx on halazzi. Nothing seems tameable still. Granted, the bears are the only unique ones.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hehe, I don't think I'd get one myself (they look like beach balls to me :lol:) but I shall definitely put in the suggestion since more bear models can never be a bad thing. ^^
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

id like some one to suggest making a unique skin corehound rare like the king krush of cata maby the lava skin in a blue / white so it looks icy they would be pritty pro :>
ToxicCreed
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bloodscalp

Unread post by ToxicCreed »

I know in the PTR before that patch went Live there was a time when they could be tamed. But Blizzard went no and made them Untameable. I would adore to have them back in game as a Tamed Species, I mean we have the Black War Wolf model, why not an awesome Armored Bear.

And I agree, they should bring the mount back as well. I never had the chance to even get into ZA before the scrubbed the mount off to the Retirement bin.
Nakari
Realm: EU-Destromath

Unread post by Nakari »

Drakkena wrote:
And I agree, they should bring the mount back as well. I never had the chance to even get into ZA before the scrubbed the mount off to the Retirement bin.
That was kind of the point why they removed it though. The mount was supposed to be something special and hard to get, and there weren't that many groups that could beat the timed run consistently. When everybody can steamroll the instance with a few friends in level 85 gear, there's nothing special about it anymore. I don't want to sound like an elitist (though I happen to own an Amani War-bear mount ;)), but in a game like WoW there need to be special rewards for special achievements to keep the game interesting. If everyone can get anything, there's nothing to strive for anymore. I'll probably never get the Invnincible- or Mimiron's Head-mounts because my guild is on hiatus until cata, but I'm perfectly fine with that and won't be demanding to re-introduce those mounts anytime soon. ;)

Thumbs up for tameable warbears though, that would be awesome! :)
Bundia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Exodar

Unread post by Bundia »

I'd love to see these tameable as well.

But I'm going to be that girl that harps on something until she gets it. Make these guys tameable and then Zhevras, Elekk, Shoveltusk, Stags and the ungulates of the like. I only say this because once these become tameable the already weak argument that these ungulates can't be tamed because they are mounts (Hello wolves, cats and Raptors) goes right out the window. And I want to tame Swiftmane! *Pouts like a baby*

Back to the topic. Make these tameable. (And then give me Swiftmane!)

:)
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I'm kinda torn. Personally, I remember from the ptr, they looked kinda silly as hunter pets. Partly because of how big they were - the wolf isn't as bad because his armor doesn't add much bulk and wolves are already kinda skinny. The bears were a little over the top. But that's not to say I would deny it to those who want.

What I would like to see is the dragonhawks from Jan'alai trash get the untameable green and pink skin and make them tameable.

As to the mount issue, I don't want to divert the topic too much, but I could see bringing it back on a very low, not guaranteed drop from the time run. It's too easy to do a time run right now - I 2 manned it recently, wiped once on bear, and still had like 10th minutes left.

Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

I'll mark these with a suggestion. I severely miss my bear from PTR. They were a bit big, granted, but now that we get Beetles, the "large pet" argument cannot hold water. And non-BM hunters could have a large pet!
Zwiggy
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: manny

Unread post by Zwiggy »

only the exotic pets seem to be large are beetles going to be exotic? If not i dont see why we cant have them but they will more than likley need to be shrunk to a normal pet size and because that would look stupid as a mount because its so small blizzard wont do it because it is ment to be mount size.