How does everyone feel about the pet offerings in Cataclysm?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: How does everyone feel about the pet offerings in Catacl

Unread post by Gimlion »

I was extremely happy with absolutely everything until the Rak'Shiri change. I do NOT want to abandon and then tame a NON-RARE for the same skin. I guess I could keep the skin, and alot of you would say its still the same cat, however, His personality is born from his coat color. So yeah, love it all, mostly, but one loose feather ruined the truckload cuz they messed with my poor baby.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Umbriel of Halaa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Umbriel of Halaa »

Kalliope wrote:Death Ravager is likely to become tamable. Since the removal of the warrior quest prompted Blizzard to add the key to his cage as a drop off nearby mobs and there's really no other reason to get him out of there than to tame him, this is surely an oversight.
Oh, good. I believe I'll take a trip to Azuremyst on the beta and toss them a reminder.
Stridah
Realm: Aerie Peak - US

Unread post by Stridah »

I can equate my satisfaction with the number of usable pairs of pants i currently own, which as of the Chromaggus announcement stands at a worrisome 3.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Stridah wrote:I can equate my satisfaction with the number of usable pairs of pants i currently own, which as of the Chromaggus announcement stands at a worrisome 3.
It took me a moment to figure out what you meant. And then I laughed my head off.
Warfish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Maelstrom

Unread post by Warfish »

I am very pleased.

25-Slot Stables! = Check and a Huge Bag of Awesome.

More Spirit Beats (and a Spirit Crab at that!) = Check!

More Skins for Most Species = Check!

A Better System of Pet Skills (i.e. No more "Wolf Only") = Check!

Some New Species Added Incld. Some Cool Existing Skins (Blue Mage Hunter!) = Check!

Apart from the desire for continued un-tamables (Hydras for example), it appears to be a very solid Pet aethetics expansion. And a decent Hunter/Pet functionality expansion.

If our lurker could toss us the white Chimers skin sometime after expansion day, this would be almost perfect.

And down the road of development, we can hope for a few more (and hopefully different) Spirit Beats too, perhaps a Spirit Bird (a good skin already exists), a spirit Raptor/Devilsaur (popular request) or even a Spirit Cobra (epicwin!)

Have to say, pretty darn pleased thus far. :D
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

Gimlion wrote:I was extremely happy with absolutely everything until the Rak'Shiri change. I do NOT want to abandon and then tame a NON-RARE for the same skin. I guess I could keep the skin, and alot of you would say its still the same cat, however, His personality is born from his coat color. So yeah, love it all, mostly, but one loose feather ruined the truckload cuz they messed with my poor baby.

That makes two of us, Gimlion. I certainly feel a great deal less anticipation for the upcoming expansion than I did.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415