How does everyone feel about the pet offerings in Cataclysm?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
RaptorJedi

Re: How does everyone feel about the pet offerings in Catacl

Unread post by RaptorJedi »

I have to say my biggest disappointment so far is that the Spiny Raptor concept art isn't being used in Cataclysm at all. All the raptors on the Lost Isle are Outland raptors. The lack of a lot of new species is also a little disappointing I guess. I was kind of hoping for that other creature in the spiny raptor concept art to show up as well, but it hasn't.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Protego wrote:Whatever Gimlion. Calling people "whiners" is an insult and not allowed here. Duh.
In my opinion, you saying "duh" at the end of the posts you've made in this thread is just as insulting as you saying he out-right called people "whiners."

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

OMG insult post chaining! make it stop!

on topic: i still want hydra but I think we've gotten more than enough to keep us busy for a couple patches after cataclysm..

I can see why they don't want to make stags tameable.. too much like mounts being tall and four legged and i know it's probably completely wrong but they seem kinda docile unless rabid. But basilisk and hydra.. c'mon.. they're aching to chew some face.

Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

With Cata drawing ever nearer, and the list of new pets added being really short, I was rather dissapointed, and then...BOOM!!! So many new pwts suddenly come spilling forth, and I look at my stables and start thinking its crunch time! Good thing blizz has given us so much time before hand to do our taming spree's and test out more pets and weed out our stables. Come cata, with all these new pets...my hunters definitly going to be my first lv 85!
(still hoping for Talbuks and hydras)

Though I am a bit sad that many of these new pets are rares, I just hope their spawn timers aren't as long as 12+hrs.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Keleri
Realm: Balnazzar

Unread post by Keleri »

Super happy! ^^ Although if they just added hydras I'd shut up for at least six months. And stags are pretty. And gryphons, and hippogryphs, and wyverns, and thunderlizards, and talbuks--

Never satisfied. ;)
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:In my opinion, you saying "duh" at the end of the posts you've made in this thread is just as insulting as you saying he out-right called people "whiners."
Oi. That's just an... "opinion".
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Protego, right now your posts are the ones coming across as rude.

Let's steer this topic back in the right direction, alright?
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

Fine. I'm defending myself. I wasn't the one that started it. He started it. He was the rude one first. Edit: I did. Tyger brought it up again. I see you didn't say against "Tyger".
Last edited by Protego on Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Vephriel

Then drop the attitude and let things settle down again.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Perhaps the reason you're the one being called out on rudeness is because you're the only person being rude.

Just ponder that as we get this thread back on track. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Has there been a thread made to show the locations of all these wonderfull new pets and where they spawn and at what level? With all theses new pets its hard to keep track of where I should be setting my sights and in what order I should aim to tame.
Seems I have to re-write my list for all these beauties!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Makoes wrote:Has there been a thread made to show the locations of all these wonderfull new pets and where they spawn and at what level? With all theses new pets its hard to keep track of where I should be setting my sights and in what order I should aim to tame.
Seems I have to re-write my list for all these beauties!
I don't think there's a 100% all inclusive list yet. The closest you're going to get at this stage is looking up Wain's threads (hee!) or checking out Zeilla's "new pets" videos on Youtube. With the INCREDIBLY MASSIVE INFLUX of new pets lately, though, pretty much everything is out of date, with the exception of these forums, which (as previously mentioned) aren't organized into a single thread. Your best bet is to hit the search page (available from the link on the bar in the upper right corner) and put in some key words to search for the pet in question.

Kalliope's Mini-Guide to Searching for Buried Pet Threads:
- Find the pet look you're interested in on the New Looks page on Petopia (since that's probably the page you're looking for). This will give you the pet's general zone location and level.
- Go to the search page.
- Enter the pet's name into the top box and hit enter.
- Browse the thread subjects and excerpts. Generally, the title of the thread gives some indication of the pets discussed in it. You can skip obvious mismatches, like Terrorpene being mentioned in Karoma's thread. (Grats to me on flagging THIS thread for both of them...sigh.)
- If you're not looking for a pet with a unique name, it's possible that the pet's proper name was never mentioned in the discovery post. You might then want to return to the search window and look for key words that describe your desired pet, like "orange green ravager" or "ravager winterspring."
- It might take some trial and error, but generally speaking, educated guesses will find you the information you need. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I think I'd be okay if the rares have say, a 2-4 hour spawn instead of 6-24+ (The GM I put a ticket in for Aotona for said it could be up to a week. Wtf.) or something like that. Then you still have to sit and wait - but not too long that a student, parent or full time worker would have to sacrifice too much sleep, etc.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Jaraii
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Runetotem

Unread post by Jaraii »

Epicfail wrote:I like it. I also like pie. I feel both pie and hunter pets in cata are quite wonderful to behold...

ESPECIALLY the pie...

I'm just sayin.... pie.
The cake is a lie...
I know why I'm smiling, but why is everyone else??

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think the sheer variety of pets in this expansion is amazing. And the changes to hunters should mean that more of them are seen more often, rather than sitting as trophies in your stable. I don't know why people are so hard on the fox model. I love it and its animations and spent a lot of the early days of my time in the beta using one (but then it had to go as my stable started to fill up with the increasing number of new things I'd find). It has a lot of character.

I think much of the criticism on the models might be heart-felt, whether I agree or not, but I also wonder if some of it might be deliberate meanness stemming from bitterness. I think some people hope so hard that they lose sight of the fact that there's no evidence the beast they have their heart set on will be added, then turn sour when their expectations blow up in the face of reality.

However in this case I can understand where much of it has come from. Blizzard went out of their way to ask which new pets hunters wanted. This created a huge expectation that we'd see new families made from OLD untameable beast groups. And not an unreasonable one. This hasn't happened... yet. But I still believe it likely will, hopefully in an earlier patch rather than a later one. They didn't go to all that effort without an intent to do so. I suspect they just simply ran out of time to add them before shipping.

Most or all of those old families would have required new animations so they didn't look buggy, and I suspect their art team has had a tougher time than usual this expansion, given that they've been revamping the entire world and not just working on the new zones. I suspect that's also the reason that old models haven't been revamped, but we've only seen higher quality models for special pets that were based on art that already had other uses (mounts, etc.). They probably needed to justify every minute of their time.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Gonna bump this in light of the new skins offered.
Vephriel

^_____________________________^
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

More stable slots. ;^; I'm absolutely thrilled about the changes to the rare cats, and can't wait for my wee kittens to grow up into beautiful beasts. :D
Albain
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Albain »

Right now, this is clearly the Kitty Love Patch. Almost every rare kitty in the game now has a unique..r. ...more unique .. ... a NICE PRETTY SKIN that until now wasn't seen anywhere besides under the butts of the Alliance. This makes me very happy.

Overall, Cata is being much more loving to pet owners than wrath was. Those 25 slots are going to feel really cramped a lot sooner than I expected.

My only hope is soon we'll get some windserpent love too, or chimera love. There's a few unused skins I'd really like to see..
Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

My stables are sadly getting full & I'll have to finagle which ones to bounce for others... I feel pretty thankful for these new skinned pets, but again I can't have them 'all', so have to pick & choose wisely.
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []