Corehounds, Devilsaurs, and Mammoth? Oh My!!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Corehounds, Devilsaurs, and Mammoth? Oh My!!

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wassa wrote:
malikith wrote:And as far as Corehounds and Devilsaur...they have White models now so its pretty easy to overlay a colour over them and add several other varieties. Add a yellow overlay over a white devilsaur and BAM a gold TREX.
Epic. XD Make its eyes Green and you have Mardi Gras, the rare spawn devilsaur that Blizzard should put in for lulz. XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Darkcrow wrote:Wassa, what program did you use to do that to the Devilsaur? And where do i download it?
Looks like its just WoW Model Viewer, but I'm not sure.. gotta add.. I'm looking at the white devilsaur texture on its own and it is PRETTY <3

malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by malikith »

*smiles Good Job on the gold Devilsaur heh. Try an overall gold overlay. The purple would become black, resulting in a black/gold Trex.

It would be nice to see more of the aforementioned skins.

I wasn't REALLY talking about the demon corehound or the dragon corehound btw (Though those would be nice). I would be satisfied with just some recolouring of the 2 exhisting models. Honestly, like everyone i'm sure, NEW models are MUCH Better, BUT i would settle for recoloring of exhisting models for now. Just NOT enough variations in several Key Beasts families.

Cats, raptors, wolves and now hyenas (all primary non BM pets) are well represented and have a good number of skins.

The exotics simply do not. They either need more additions to their families(which would effectually change their Family Name. Like adding Kodos, clefthoofs (and Ill say it again Mammoths heh) to Rhinos. AND/OR adding more varieties within the current model stream.
malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

We got some new Corehounds!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

malikith wrote:We got some new Corehounds!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you me Chromaggus, we know. There's a topic for him. :) Technically it's only corehound, unless you count Gomegaz, which really he just looks like the green corehound with yellow flames. kinda new...but not really.

LisaaraPokefarm

Vaihla
Realm: Durotan

Unread post by Vaihla »

What about shoveltusks instead? I can't really imagine a miniaturized mammoth too well.
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Taluwen wrote:I think a mammoth would be WAY too big and I think Blizzard pretty much said they aren't going to allow us to tame bigger pets. We have a lot of issues with Devilsaur and Chimaera sizes as is. A mammoth would be 10x worse....
I'll agree with you on mammoths; if their post tamed size is equal to rhinos then they wouldn't be too big, but would look silly... and if their post tamed size was larger then they wouldn't look silly but would, as you say, be too large for groups/raids.
Taluwen wrote:As for Corehounds, there were two other models but they're considered demons so are untameable. Personally, the other two models seemed too demonic to be considered beasts, as cool looking as they are.
No, one was a drakonid, and is tamable (Chromaggus)... and while the other (Hound of Culuthas) is currently untamable, remember that vargul blighthounds have already proven that being demonic in appearance doesn't mean Blizzard won't change its species tag to beast at some point and make it tamable.

Going off current species tag is pointless.
Taluwen wrote:Devilsaurs, I've never seen any others yet but I'm pretty content with what we got.
I'm not. Bring on MOAR ROAR PLZ. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Worba on Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theperfectdrug
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Theperfectdrug »

i am so going after Chromaggus with you Talu as soon as we can :) He will be ours!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Worba, you realize that was an old post before Chromaggus was tameable, right?

LisaaraPokefarm

malikith
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Yes it was an older post, before we found Chromag was tameable or the (only very slightly different) green one. So ya I had to post back in here when I saw we got at least one new Corehound. Hopefully we will get the other already discovered model as well (of which there are already more than one colour) or add a new colour of one or both of the original models. (Again..overlay is a fairly simple task. Add a grey overlay over a white CH or perhaps a Red overlay over an Orange CH)

As far as Devilsaurs, The possibility of changing King Mosh to green is relatively cool as he is not a common beast either but it doesnt actually add a new colour to our overall Devilsaur list. I still think the Gold Trex is an easy and viable option (add a gold overlay over the entire best thus making it a gold/black dino) but there are other viable overlays as well such as Blue over the current black model or Red over what is currently Called the red model.

Mammoths. I still like the idea of Mammoths as pets (and Clefthoofs and Kodos). Yes some say they would be too big. I personally would never use a Devilsaur OR a Rhino in a Raid as I feel they are both too big BUT they are commonly used as such. Why not a Mammoth? Maybe a Tad larger than a Rhino but certainly not much. And Mammoths are WAY cooler looking than our current Rhino model (my opinion..the "crown of horns" kinda sucks)
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I like my King Mosh being the color that he is. o_o
/hugs her Grumpasaurus

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]