Request for Flesh Beast

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lilyanamaria
Realm: Aerie Peak

Request for Flesh Beast

Unread post by Lilyanamaria »

Hi all, couldn't find anything on this particular subject and felt strongly enough about it to post. I've always been curious about Flesh Beasts and with the big surge in new pets I wanted to throw in the idea. They would make great forsaken exotic pets or great exotics in general. while there are only 3 skin in the game, some are available with the neat ghostly affect. Yay or Nay? :D
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Request for Flesh Beast

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I've always wanted these as pets myself, but somehow I doubt it'll happen. It seems a little too far-out there to be a hunter pet.

Then again we have Ravagers, so I suppose anything is possible.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Thats crazy lol. That doesnt look like a beast and I dont see it EVER being tameable
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Which one is the flesh beast again? Is that the thing in your avatar?

Personally I've always wanted the plants. Actually, if druids could tame plants I'd probably finally play one.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Mania wrote:Which one is the flesh beast again? Is that the thing in your avatar?

Personally I've always wanted the plants. Actually, if druids could tame plants I'd probably finally play one.
Well not plants, since Boomkins/Resto gets the mini tree army but I've always thought a feral druid should be able to get a dryad or their male counterpart as a pet.

anyway, these guys aren't really beasts. They're demons.
Last edited by Lisaara on Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Ehhhh...flesh beasts always felt off-limits to me because priests got shadowfiends. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Kalliope wrote:Ehhhh...flesh beasts always felt off-limits to me because priests got shadowfiends. :)
Yeah....I mean, I wouldn't say that's strictly a rule (Shamans with Spirit Wolves), but the Fleshbeasts don't seem quite the type of thing to be tamed by a Hunter. Granted we have some very strange creatures at our disposal, so no one could say for sure, but gut feeling is a 'no' on these.

Would be nifty though, I've always thought they were cute in an ugly way. :D
WildcatTM
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by WildcatTM »

Flesh Beast can be lumped into an Alien family. Based on lore, there's really no real evidence to support what they are (other than being a parasite). Though I do agree, they seem a bit out there to be considered a Hunter pet. But then again, so does Ravagers.

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Taluwen wrote:
Mania wrote:Which one is the flesh beast again? Is that the thing in your avatar?

Well not plants, since Boomkins/Resto gets the mini tree army but I've always thought a feral druid should be able to get a dryad or their male counterpart as a pet..
Um no that makes no freaking sense whatsoever.

As a Balance druid, only >I< get Treant trio for 30 seconds. Resto gets Tree of Life FORM for whatever the hell the timer is now while Feral needs no pet whatsoever, let alone a freaking son or daughter of Cenarius.

Just want to correct that.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Flesh Beasts will NEVER BE TAMEABLE!!!

This my friends is a Flesh Beast..I can assure you we will never tame these things EVER lol

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Ariamodasu wrote:
Taluwen wrote:

Well not plants, since Boomkins/Resto gets the mini tree army but I've always thought a feral druid should be able to get a dryad or their male counterpart as a pet..
Um no that makes no freaking sense whatsoever.

As a Balance druid, only >I< get Treant trio for 30 seconds. Resto gets Tree of Life FORM for whatever the hell the timer is now while Feral needs no pet whatsoever, let alone a freaking son or daughter of Cenarius.

Just want to correct that.
Whoa, chill.

Weren't you in favor of SV and MM's getting exotics in another topic yet you say nay to feral druids getting a son/daughter of cenarius? Seems a tad bit hypocritical, if you ask me. No offense intended. It'd probably work like your treant trio anyway. I never meant like a perma pet, as cool as that would be(It'd never fly, I know).

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

I don't think we'll ever see flesh beasts as a tamable family, nor should we, really. Even though ravagers are pretty weird-looking, they're still a naturally-occurring creature...at least for Outland. Flesh beasts are created abominations or creatures from a dimension where there are no hunters, more demons or undead than naturally-occurring to Azeroth or Outland. And given that, probably not something it really fits into hunter "lore" that the class would want to tame.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Aren't flesh beasts technically rabbits? If you do one of the draenei starting quests, you test a reagent on one of them and off hops a bunny. I think they're just corrupted critters. Doesn't make 'em impossible to be a beast family, of course, but it's probably part of the consideration (along with the fact that shadowfiends use the same model).

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Giant Wasp Face

Unread post by Giant Wasp Face »

Hmm, I assumed that the TC was refering to the undead dogs like Gluth, Stinky and Precious; I wouldn't mind taming one of those, and with Undead hunters on the horizon, I don't think it would be out of place either.

As for the actual flesh beasts TC was refering to... I don't think they would be appropriate hunters pets, realy.
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Vephriel wrote:I've always thought they were cute in an ugly way.
This quote could have been written only by Vephriel.

ONLY by her.
Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Sarayana wrote:Aren't flesh beasts technically rabbits? If you do one of the draenei starting quests, you test a reagent on one of them and off hops a bunny. I think they're just corrupted critters. Doesn't make 'em impossible to be a beast family, of course, but it's probably part of the consideration (along with the fact that shadowfiends use the same model).
Yup, flesh beasts according to that quest are caused by fragments of the exodar. So glad they fixed that quest so the rabbit fades out instead of just suddenly keeling over.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Tahlian »

Chrizesu wrote:
Sarayana wrote:Aren't flesh beasts technically rabbits? If you do one of the draenei starting quests, you test a reagent on one of them and off hops a bunny. I think they're just corrupted critters. Doesn't make 'em impossible to be a beast family, of course, but it's probably part of the consideration (along with the fact that shadowfiends use the same model).
Yup, flesh beasts according to that quest are caused by fragments of the exodar.
I think they meant those particular flesh beasts are caused by fragments of the Exodar, to show that the crash has had, to say the least, a bit of an effect on the environment of the Azuremyst and Bloodmyst islands. If all the flesh beasts in the world were mutant bunnies, it wouldn't make sense for them to show up the other places they occur, like Karazhan or the Arcatraz. They're a...something else...but they're not all beasts. They don't seem particularly controllable by those that do summon them anyway.

And now I've just given myself the mental image of the killer rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail having been given the mutant bunny treatment. ;)

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Taluwen wrote:anyway, these guys aren't really beasts. They're demons.
Technically they're uncategorized, but yeah they seem demonic.

I personally don't think they are likely to become tamable (at least by hunters), but that's based purely on intangible gut feeling and not on the creature's (current) species tag, since as we've all seen Blizzard can and will change this as it pleases them regardless of whether the creature itself possesses any "beastlike" attributes...
Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Redith wrote:Flesh Beasts will NEVER BE TAMEABLE!!!

This my friends is a Flesh Beast..I can assure you we will never tame these things EVER lol

No, dearie, we're not talking about flesh constructs, we're talking about flesh BEASTS. I wouldn't want one of those anyhow. They're ugly, and flesh beasts are ADORABLE! <3

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »