Rhino; the great big white elephant.(fix rhino)

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rhino; the great big white elephant.(fix rhino)

Unread post by pop »

Hey guys

I know that as hunters we all are excited with the awesome new additions to our tamable list in the next patch. But somehow in all of this excitement of new skins and models, we lost sight of what important; pet's usability and usefulness.

Lets take a look at our awesome friend the rhino:

1)It is an exotic pet, so that means only bm hunter can use it. Yay we BM can use it hehe we can use it for pve soloing

2)But wait a minute, its special skill is stampede which increases bleed debuff, but hey bm has no bleed, there a lot more viable pve soloing pet.. well maybe it is useful for raiding to help other bleeders?

3) erm no wait, hyena is a ferocity pets that has the same special skill, and it has higher dps than rhino, even we as bm need to bring a bleed debuffer to raids, seems hyena is the better option. Oh wait I know, we can use it for pvp 111111!e;even twelve

4) erk 90 seconds cd for horn toss? That such a long cd, and you have to click it? with such a long cd and very situational need, seems monkey's disorient, chimaera's slow, wasp's stun, bird of prey's disarm or silithid's wweb is more useful...

So rhinos needs 2 kind of fixes; make horn toss' cd shorter, and stampede need to be changed into something more useful

Suggestion

Protector of the herd.
Level 1
Instant
Gives '[rank]' additional armor to party and raid members within 40 yards. Does not stack with paladin's devotion aura.

oh and /p.s, can my rhino has a bonus ability called 'summon tickbird'.

Summon tickbird
The tickbird will periodically raise pet's happiness and removes any dots or diseases when out of combat.

so QED, please, please someone in beta suggest to the dev team to change stampede. thanks :)
Last edited by pop on Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bushsbuddy

Re: Rhino; the great big white elephant.(fix rhino)

Unread post by Bushsbuddy »

Rhino has been a joke for a long time, ever since they brought in the bleed debuff as its ability.

Now horn toss is awesome, but is handicapped like you say by a long CD, but also a HUGE focus cost. 58 focus? Really? If the pet is actually attacking anything, you can spam horn toss all you want its not going to go off.

As you can see here in my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNZ1alS6bl8 its a very situational and gimmicky skill with its current handicaps.

I would propose a stam buff like the silithid, or just anything more beefy than the almost useless bleed debuff, and that horn toss have its focus cost completely removed. This goes for all exotic abilties, getting the worm or chimera to use their aoe can be a challenge somtimes, with a cost of 30/48, and a focus dump at 25, but 58 is by far the worst.

PS. I would like to see horn toss is something totally OP and hilarious tbh. Imagine the rhino is a bowling ball, and the enemies are pins. This is my vision XD
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Yeah, I've posted about this before. It's a bit silly, considering boars and hyenas (hyenas being better dps pets) have mangle abilities already.

A stamina buff would make sense; it'd be a MUCH better soloing pet as well, then, and then two pets would have +stam abilities rather than one. Both would still be Exotic, but hey.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

what about this?

Protector of the herd.
Level 1
Instant
Gives '[rank]' additional armor to party and raid members within 40 yards. Does not stack with paladin's devotion aura.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

pop wrote:what about this?

Protector of the herd.
Level 1
Instant
Ooo, I like. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Bushsbuddy

Unread post by Bushsbuddy »

Ya armor makes sense, as really its an anti melee pet. Casters dont care about a knockback lol.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Rhyela wrote:
pop wrote:what about this?

Protector of the herd.
Level 1
Instant
Ooo, I like. :)

ooo I do hope if blizzard dev thinks the same then...

imho stampede should be its special skill instead that either stun(wasp) or disorient(like monkey), or make that knock back a special instead of exotic.