Cataclysm Pets! (Massive Image Warning)

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Cataclysm Pets! (Massive Image Warning)

Unread post by Acherontia »

Well, I had a nice long run around the PTR today. I tested out pretty much every beast I've ever wanted and couldn't have. I discovered some I was amazingly (surprisingly) taken with, and a few I was quite disappointed in. I also had a massive amount of fun seeing the Shattered zones--and seeing things like Gamon raids, sea turtles in Thousand Needles, packs of Humanoid wolves and a gnome ice cream vendor on a boat in the middle of a bay.

In any case, I took a billion screenshots. I've compiled the pet-related ones for you all here, and am going to add my take on each of the pets I nabbed in case anyone's curious as to what they're like "in the flesh." I'm going to be posting them all shortly.

First up, Gezzarak. What can I say, except OH MY GOD YES. I WILL be taming her again on Live as soon as possible, and keeping her. Her skin is so well-done, especially for an older model. She really is a beauty. As soon as I logged in, the first thing I did was go farm the Time-Lost scrolls and tame :D I really think her animations are so much more lively in darker colors.

On a related note is this guy. He is actually REALLY gorgeous, giving Gezz a real run for her money IMO. I was surprised by how much I liked him. I may actually retame, if I can find a reason to keep two warpies >.>

Another massive keeper: Shango. I have -always- wanted a saber tiger, and, well, dream come true much? Yeah, I'm easy to please :lol: Anyway, the skin fits him perfectly, and with the animations, he's just amazing. I may well level with this guy as soon as I can grab the expansion. And I'm not even a cat person!

Another likely keeper. I may exchange my Grub'thor for him. He takes on blue, greenish or dark gray hues depending on the lighting--a very striking pet! You can see the extra shot I nabbed of the white Jormungar--one selected and one not for comparison.

I thought I'd love the fox--I really did. I was shocked to find I downright dislike it. The movements are good, but from behind (where you are 100% of the time!) he's just plain Disney :lol: He's a well-done model but just not my style. Notice, by the way, that he currently keeps doing his Trick (dancing) even while moving & attacking :P

A few different models here. The black & red is beautiful, but I've always wanted the green one--and he looks great. Will definitely tame this guy. By the way, their SOUNDS are those of Felboars--rough and heavy--not the high-pitched, cute grunts and squeals of standard boar.

Grabbed this guy for a screenshot. Not my favorite skin, but pleasantly not as ugly as I'd expected :P I assume he will look very good in a more neutral lighting.

Making my way through AQ for a white beetle, I realized I'd fallen and had to get past Buru. I THEN realized he was a beast, THEN remembered he was tameable--and realized the quickest way to get past him was to tame. He moves very slowly, so if you start your tame at max distance, it's quite easy. I'm guessing even a player on par with his level wouldn't have much trouble. He's got neat swiping attack animations, and a pleasantly comfortable size--not massive, but not undersized either.

Another long-time want, and utterly gorgeous. 4 second root on a Ferocity pet is nice. He is a beautiful beast, and adorably small. I will very likely tame this guy on Live once he's available.

Here's that beetle I went nuts to get from AQ. He's got gorgeous markings across his shell (I'm a sucker for black & white pets, too). He's also quite the tank--I tamed him and then my feign failed via knockback, so I called him back out and talented him mid-fight. He managed to tank the whole group of beetles--lvl 60 or not, I thought that was pretty cool (there's about 10 in the pack!).

Also from AQ, and also black & white, is the wasp. Easy tame--kill both his comrades (the pink one is the knockback artist) and tame. He's beautiful, too!

I logged the test char, an old copy, in to find this tiger beside her. I was shocked for a moment, wondering for a split-second if they were giving them out or something :lol: Then I remembered I'd tamed Rak'shiri on the PTR ages back. This is his new skin beside an orc :) I quite like it. I wish I'd thought to grab Shadowclaw too, for comparisons!

Last but not least! This will be a re-tame for sure. The animations are still primitive (the head is held very strangely while flying etc) but the sounds are hilariously cute--very perfectly "seagull." The model is pretty well done, too--and he uses Trick :) Bonus points to anyone who gets his name (Kehaar)!
Attachments
Beetle.png
Beetle.png (791.11 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
BlueDog.png
BlueDog.png (785.53 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Buru.png
Buru.png (600.5 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Carrion Bird.png
Carrion Bird.png (477.42 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Felboar.png
Felboar.png (833.11 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Fox.png
Fox.png (809.72 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Gezzarak.png
Gezzarak.png (740.63 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Jormungar.png
Jormungar.png (1010.66 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Orange Tiger.png
Orange Tiger.png (1.16 MiB) Viewed 2536 times
Red Warp Stalker.png
Red Warp Stalker.png (901.89 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Last edited by Acherontia on Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Re: Cataclysm Pets! (Massive Image Warning)

(Reserved & stuff)
Attachments
Seagull.png
Seagull.png (744.9 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
White Tiger.png
White Tiger.png (362.32 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
White Wasp.png
White Wasp.png (364.7 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Shadowclaw looks absolutely TERRIFYING in stealth with his larger size. I think I'm smitten! :lol: (You should totally go get him.)

Lovely, lovely shots! :D

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kyria
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord & Nesingwary

Unread post by Kyria »

Watership Down! 8D Love it, love it. Beautiful shots!

Thanks to Vephriel for the beautiful signature! <3
Dragon Cave!

Lougaron
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lougaron »

Gorgeous screenshots, and I for one, can think of plenty of reasons to have multiple warpies- I plan on having a red one to accompany my Illybean- he's been lonely!

I'm also a hoarder- I have 4 silithids in my stables! (<3 bouncy bugs)
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

very nice pictures!
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

hahaha love the name, definitly watership down! One of the best books/movies ever!
Those are wonderful screenshots, I love the fox and the seagull the most. Still iffy on the brainbug, I like/dont like it. Not sure how I ca nget Gazz since I already did that quest a long time ago...unless that's changed?
And love the blue Blighthound!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Boy, oh boy! Those warpstalkers sure are gorgeous! I simply must have them both (and yes, on the same hunter) and no one is going to convince me otherwise!

It also looks like Kadija's durotar tiger, Sundara, will be evolving to one of the newer saber skins!

Black Jormungar Worm ... YES!
Foxes ... YES!
Beetles ... YES!
Qirot Wasp Skin ... YES!

I am in hunter bliss right now! No amount of cookies or cupcakes will ever measure up to the degree of appreciation I have for Blizzard for all these new pets ~ but I'll still offer them anyhow :hug:
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

OMG!!! I love how you named your gull Kehaar! I totally thought of doing the same <3 Watership Down is my favorite book ever <33

Man that tiger skin is just so beautiful, really o.o
Ok and that Fox doing its trick totally won me over on foxes XD

lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

OMG sorry but next week bai bai raiding, need to get brain bugs :< or bug ... i know i want the blue one and maybe the one from 1k needles with his brain hanging out <3

Foxes .. maybe, hellboar YES! warpstakers .. yes please :3

omg i better update my PTR and find out where they are all hiding! Though does anyone know if Harakiss the Infestor will be up to or not? or should i just wait for it to be playable and sit waiting tonight :o
Armitege
Realm: Medivh, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Armitege »

I know what I will be doing next week!

Sen misses Akatosh (Warp stalker) and I have been eagerly waiting for the Gezz model to be tamable!

Also.. white wasp... 8D
Bellatryx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Bellatryx »

Adorable seagull. I love (as others before me) the watership down reference. I need to re-buy the book, I seem to have lost it. *cry*

Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream (EU) | Terokkar (EU) | Bloodhoof (EU)

Unread post by Ariamodasu »

Quickie question on the Hellboars if you know. Do they do the same stupid stock still slide back, slide forward between attacks that regular boars do? It drives me nuts.

Also, WTB warpies, eee.
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Rest in Peace Yasindra/Ryai
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I'll test that for you :)

Also, Makeos, the Gezzarak summons (as with the rest of the Skettis ones) are repeatable. Go out there and farm the Shadow Dust, turn it in for a Shadow Elixir, use that to see the ghost Arakkoa that drop Time-Lost Scrolls (10 to summon Gezz, I'd get 20 to be safe in case the tame fails due to knockback--but it only took me two casts to get her!).
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Ariamodasu wrote:Quickie question on the Hellboars if you know. Do they do the same stupid stock still slide back, slide forward between attacks that regular boars do? It drives me nuts.

Also, WTB warpies, eee.

It looks like when they attack, they move back slightly and then sort of toss their heads forward to gore. I assume this is the attack that you mean, it looks okay to me but if it is, yeah they do it.

Since I'm not 100% on which animation it is, maybe you could check it on ModelViewer to be sure!

Edit: Incidentally, if anyone comes on the PTR (Brill EU) and wants to see any of these pets without going crazy to find them, let me know here and I'll come on when I can and show them. I'm Acherontia there too ^^
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Modelviewer annoyingly refuses to work for me claiming a file is missing, sigh.

That does sound a bit different though. On regular boars they attack, go DEAD still in a locked stood animation, slide back, slide forward, then regain movement to attack again which drives me nuts given my eyes are very tuned to movement. I'm gonna be hopeful :)
My main's a Druid so I of course love critters. That counts for something right? Right?

-

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Was it this animation, perhaps? I've gone ahead and made a modelviewer .gif. Not sure if this is the right one.

I'm fairly sure they do use this one in-game, assuming this is the right one--if so, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. It doesn't bother me personally, thankfully--I'd hate to have gotten another one of those "cannot be unseen" things >.<
Attachments
Felboar.gif
Felboar.gif (940.59 KiB) Viewed 2536 times
Ariamodasu
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Now compared that is a LOT less noticable given the stock still is a fraction of a second rather than a couple and still keeps some movement flow, thank god for that. But oh lord it's head is sinking into it's body what the hell.

Much appreciated, this animation niggles across many pets drives me completely nuts as I just cannot stop seeing them after I first clock it :)

-

Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Huh, thought I'd put this in Cata pets lol. Does not belong in this forum >.>

But yah... His head goes into his neck cause erm... He's chunky? :D

Oh my god, how awesome a name would Bacon be for that red Felboar?! As much as I normally hate those names... and I'm a vegetarian, lol. Or Felbacon. ...