New Passive Skill

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Mazrigos

New Passive Skill

Unread post by Galahandra »

Just noticed that the three hunter speccs all have a new passive skill...each of them does exactly the same thing, but they've been named differently!

BM - Animal Handler
MM - Artisan Quiver
SURV - Into the Wilderness

Each of them boosts your AP by an extra 25%

Thought you'd like to know, will add some SSs when I get back on from my walk.

x
Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Re: New Passive Skill

Unread post by Undra »

It's part of the mastery system. Every spec gets the same bonus, and then a slightly different bonus, and then a totally different bonus.

It's a passive thing that they can tweak and knob until the specs are balanced, so right now they are the same going in, but if MM pulls ahead by too much (it is a complicated spec, it deserves top spot) they can reign it back here instead of messing with talents or MM preferred abilities. Or if BM is Awesome McEasysause, they can tone it down from these instead of mucking with rotations and pets.
Satyr

Unread post by Satyr »

MM is no more complex as the other specs as i've played all three in beta.
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

In Beta I think MM and Surv have so many awful talents in them...think they still need to do a bit of work on them :x
Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

Undra wrote:It's part of the mastery system. Every spec gets the same bonus, and then a slightly different bonus, and then a totally different bonus.

It's a passive thing that they can tweak and knob until the specs are balanced, so right now they are the same going in, but if MM pulls ahead by too much (it is a complicated spec, it deserves top spot) they can reign it back here instead of messing with talents or MM preferred abilities. Or if BM is Awesome McEasysause, they can tone it down from these instead of mucking with rotations and pets.
But I like Awesome McEasysauce on my McEpicWin nuggets...

/sigh...

I actually thought surv was the hardest to play well as I could never time the blasted lock n loads quite right :P
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Unread post by Silvarain »

Undra wrote:It's part of the mastery system. Every spec gets the same bonus, and then a slightly different bonus, and then a totally different bonus.

so because lots seem to think that BM is easy it should be at the bottum, by that kinda logic:?: i hope that blizz will put them all on the same line otherwise i really dont see the need to have three different dps trees. lol how fun would it be if BM was turned into a actual tank spec?! maybe i dont play SV correctly but i dont see much of any playstyle diff between SV and BM. to me diff playstyles are like ranged/kiting vs melee/trap dancing.
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

Epacsten
Realm: Garona

Unread post by Epacsten »

As far as making BM a viable tank spec, the only problem I see with using a pet to tank is that you would need to control the pet directly to do a lot of the things a tank does. They already got rid of Eyes of the Beast.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

After having played all four tanking classes, I have to say that any sort of hunter tanking would pale by comparison. If you want to tank, roll a tank. Hunters don't need a tanking spec. xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Epacsten wrote: They already got rid of Eyes of the Beast.
WHAT? Ok now im pissed. No volley, no realy new pets, and now no eyes of the beast? Why are they deliberatly taking a crap on hunters? What ? are they slowly going to get rid of hunters?
----At blizzard one day-----
Hey norm i just realised that people hate hunters, and we have Mages, warlocks, preists, Druids, shammies that can do ranged DPS. Plus hunters can equip warrior weapons and mail, but have no tanking abilities. Hell lets just slowly f*** them up til no one plays them then get rid of it completely. Maybie we can get more people to play palidins.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The Eyes of the Beast removal so far has been the only thing to really sadden me. :( Even though it was a more or less useless ability, I constantly used it for fun and just getting a feel for my pets, running around as them, placing them for screenies....why bother even taking it away? =(
Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

They replaced Eyes of the Beast with the "Move To" Command, which fulfills pretty much the same functionality. I actually like it better...you can be a lot more accurate with the targeting reticle and move your pet exactly where you want it without worrying that you didn't account for the tail or something like, because you can actually see what you're doing.

So they didn't so much remove it as improve upon it. At least I think it's an improvement.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

You can't get your pet to jump around like a loon with the move-to command though.
Gungnir
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Crushridge

Unread post by Gungnir »

Tahlian wrote: So they didn't so much remove it as improve upon it. At least I think it's an improvement.

Except for those who used it with a stealthed cat to actually scout things :(
Kalliope

Gungnir wrote:
Tahlian wrote: So they didn't so much remove it as improve upon it. At least I think it's an improvement.

Except for those who used it with a stealthed cat to actually scout things :(
That caused half of a Kara group of mine to wipe once.... :lol: Ahh, the huntarded days....

Perhaps Blizzard was annoyed that players kept complaining about some pets not having jump animations.

YouTube Edition

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Tahlian wrote:They replaced Eyes of the Beast with the "Move To" Command, which fulfills pretty much the same functionality. I actually like it better...you can be a lot more accurate with the targeting reticle and move your pet exactly where you want it without worrying that you didn't account for the tail or something like, because you can actually see what you're doing.

So they didn't so much remove it as improve upon it. At least I think it's an improvement.
That's a more functional outlook, though. I'm talking about pure fun, and it's very different to me. I liked actually taking control of my pet for silly escapades and just getting a feel for a new creature when I tamed it. The Move To does not fulfill any of that, and I wish they had just left EotB in as even just a vanity ability.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:
Tahlian wrote:They replaced Eyes of the Beast with the "Move To" Command, which fulfills pretty much the same functionality. I actually like it better...you can be a lot more accurate with the targeting reticle and move your pet exactly where you want it without worrying that you didn't account for the tail or something like, because you can actually see what you're doing.

That's a more functional outlook, though. I'm talking about pure fun, and it's very different to me. I liked actually taking control of my pet for silly escapades and just getting a feel for a new creature when I tamed it. The Move To does not fulfill any of that, and I wish they had just left EotB in as even just a vanity ability.
Move To definitely ahs it's uses like that, but I only use EoTB to jump my pet off of cliffs instead of having to dismiss it all the time. Now we have to do the stupidly long dismiss all the time instead.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Undra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Undra »

I wasn't trying to say that one spec belongs on top, but I am of the belief that more complex specs should produce more damage than less complex ones. Ideally, i'd prefer that all three specs be of similar complexity and output. But if one spec can put it's optimal output into one macro, that output should not be competitive with someone who has to time their dots and CDs and manage procs.

And with the mastery system, they can ease back on the easy specs or nudge forward more complicated ones such that there isn't one spec to rule them all. And if they pull back on one too far and population numbers drop, they can jsut as easily give it a boost to make it more appealing.
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Vephriel wrote:The Eyes of the Beast removal so far has been the only thing to really sadden me. :( Even though it was a more or less useless ability, I constantly used it for fun and just getting a feel for my pets, running around as them, placing them for screenies....why bother even taking it away? =(
EotB was a godsend for pulling in MC back in Vanilla days ;)
Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Unread post by Silvarain »

lol if BM did go tank it would need the major rehaul... it already needs for dps but for tanking lol. but come on, it would be fun/ny for a hunter tank tree just as much as if there were a hunter healing tree:

Arrow of Healing
10 focus

shoot your pal in the butt with a arrow that has a potion attached. heals target for 100 to 150 health but with 1% chance to cause 1% bleed damage from broken glass

then later we could learn Healing Volley ^_^

or how about:
Nurse Hissey
15 focus

send out your pet snake (and npc in your pocket, not a pet) to bandage your target for 200 to 250 health. has a 5% chance to dispel poison

this stuff is gold! ^_^ wow not much to do at work today... >_>

and i would love more to do as a BM hunter: give me 2 pets to manage at the same time. cut their powers to 15% to 20% when two are out, i dont care. i would love to have a dps and a tank pet out at the same time, that would give me lots to do (at least i would think) and i would greatly enjoy it :D
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

Kalliope

Silvarain wrote:Arrow of Healing
10 focus

shoot your pal in the butt with a arrow that has a potion attached. heals target for 100 to 150 health but with 1% chance to cause 1% bleed damage from broken glass
:lol: I can't think of a way to say that this appeals to my sensibilities without sounding totally dodgy, but yeah, it does. :lol:

YouTube Edition