9/19/10 Patch - Crash City

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Satyr

9/19/10 Patch - Crash City

Unread post by Satyr »

Who else has been crashing alot after hunter toon selection?
Who else has been posting at Tech Support forum on beta?

Yes, did all the delete thing (caches, WTF, etc.). Yes, did the reinstall thing. Yes, did the minimal graphics and other options thing.

Basically alot of hunters at 85 (some slightly lower level) are able to log in (seems to hit more Horde than Alliance), but cannot move. For example, my guy was stuck in Deepholm. I somehow hearthed after several restarts and cache deletion to Dalaran. Now my toon sits really stuck. When I log in, I see my toon's name plate and icon ----but minor graphics of the inn ---- but can't move, don't see NPCs, and game just sits there frozen.

I was able to copy my toon again to the game and am to play that one; however, all the pets tend to lose their talent points often --- especially the bear.

Just some thoughts and curious who else was "stuck" with the latest patch.

----all other classes are unaffected. Able to play my warlock with no problems & DK
Dare
Realm: Borean Tundra

Re: 9/19/10 Patch - Crash City

Unread post by Dare »

My main beta hunter is crashing ruthlessly. Upon logging it I see the steps I was on, my ui, but then it freezes and crashes. Deleting the cache did not work.

But all is well! I still had a 85 premade transfer available, so my research can continue. My first hunter will just have to sit pretty, heh.

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I hadn't even heard of this problem O_o wow that sounds awful. My Hunter isn't stuck, none of them are, but I do encounter the resetting pet talents ALL. THE. TIME. which is why I can't sit on beta right now. it's driving me nuts.

Zetharl
Realm: Hydraxis

Unread post by Zetharl »

I too had a problem with the game crashing as soon as the 3d world came up when I logged on my hunter. I did all those suggestions mentioned in the forums, but to no avail. Oddly enough, an incredibly basic suggestion is what fixed it for me. All I did to fix it was log on my hunter, let it freeze, and then let the game sit there. After about 10 minutes I got disconnected. When I logged back on, it was working perfectly fine, aside from some lag of course.

As for the pets, I am having an odd issue with some. Some of them simply refuse to fight. Whenever I get into combat, they get a buff called "Rest" with the effect text reading "ZZzzZzz". All of the pets that I tamed prior to the patch (except for 1 silithid) do that resting thing. I'll post a screenshot of it later if I remember.