New addons for new hunters, the hunt is on

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Paurixote
Realm: Doomhammer

New addons for new hunters, the hunt is on

Unread post by Paurixote »

Might be jumping the gun here, but it seems like this is a relatively safe time to start hunting down 4.0 tested addons for our hunters' new needs: specifically a missing buff notifier and a good way to show our focus.
Suggestions?
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: New addons for new hunters, the hunt is on

Unread post by Lisaara »

I dunno about new but I use NPCScan, PetEmote, and Silverdragon.

PetEmote currently doesnt work but I'm sure it'll get fixed.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Paurixote

NPC Scan helped me find Aotona, for which I am immensely greatful, and is currently helping me with Gondria.
I'm curious to give pet emote a try.

I was referring more to the practical addons for heroics and raiding.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I could imagine something that makes your focus level more clearly visible on the screen would be useful. Helps me figure out whether I should toss out another Steady while waiting for that last second to tick on KC.

I use OmniCC, which I'd recommend to anyone in a heartbeat. It's awesome to have massive numbers telling you exactly when you can use a spell again.

Aside from that, I think I just need to familiarise myself with the proc notifications they put in-game. Seems most of the procs (at least for BM) are covered, so I just need to know what it means when I get a bundle of arrows on either side and such. ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I would recommend Parrot. Together with the built in PowerAuras, you get a good-looking, and effective procalerter. I would also suggest whatever unitframe is used in LUI, as it shows focus quite nicely for me.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

I've picked up one called HunterFocusBar that gives you a draggable bar showing focus, all very simple but invaluable for managing the new resource.
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

The Insect Man wrote:I've picked up one called HunterFocusBar that gives you a draggable bar showing focus, all very simple but invaluable for managing the new resource.
Oh, that sounds handy!

I only use Petemote and Autodecline (automatically declines guild charter requests, duel requests and so on) but that sounds like a great addon to have as well.

Goes off addon hunting....

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

The Insect Man wrote:I've picked up one called HunterFocusBar that gives you a draggable bar showing focus, all very simple but invaluable for managing the new resource.
Thanks for mentioning this! Just picked it up myself, it's really handy. =D
Sarayana

Ooh looks nice! I'll be checking it out when I get home. Thanks!! :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Saturo wrote:I would recommend Parrot. Together with the built in PowerAuras, you get a good-looking, and effective procalerter. I would also suggest whatever unitframe is used in LUI, as it shows focus quite nicely for me.
That reminds me, has anyone tried out the new spell alert feature? I'm curious as to how much this overlaps with things like powerauras, e.g. is it going to do to them what the built-in threat-o-meter did to (some) threat meter addons?
Paurixote

I was looking for something like this in reference to buffs:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... topia.aspx
Basically tells you what raid buffs you're missing. Looks like it hasn't had an update since 3.3.3.
May just rely on the raid leader to point out if we're missing some obscure buff. Is this what if feels like to be a shaman?
HunterFocusBar looks really handy, especially with the proc icons.

Off topic, but did anyone ever find out what carrion birds ability was changed to?
Sarayana

Paurixote wrote:Is this what if feels like to be a shaman?
Yup. Well, you quickly learn. Around level 50 or so, when you really start getting a ton of totems, it feels daunting to keep track and uncertain in terms of what to use when... but you learn. By the time I was healing Outlands dungeons, I knew what to drop what. :)

Someone on these forums is developing a hunter pet buff/debuff addon that'll tell you what buffs aren't covered in your group/raid and which of your pets would provide it. I think we'll see a post when she's finished with it. :)

Fayos
Realm: Sylvanas EU

Unread post by Fayos »

Sarayana wrote:
Paurixote wrote:Is this what if feels like to be a shaman?
Yup. Well, you quickly learn. Around level 50 or so, when you really start getting a ton of totems, it feels daunting to keep track and uncertain in terms of what to use when... but you learn. By the time I was healing Outlands dungeons, I knew what to drop what. :)

Someone on these forums is developing a hunter pet buff/debuff addon that'll tell you what buffs aren't covered in your group/raid and which of your pets would provide it. I think we'll see a post when she's finished with it. :)
That does sound awesome ^^

Personally, I need something to make me be more aware of that damn Imp Steady Shot when I am running around as marksman.
Sarayana

Fayos wrote:Personally, I need something to make me be more aware of that damn Imp Steady Shot when I am running around as marksman.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... s-bar.aspx

It puts a bar in the middle of your screen (not movable, unfortunately) that also flashes procs.

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Paurixote wrote:I was looking for something like this in reference to buffs:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... topia.aspx
Basically tells you what raid buffs you're missing.
Not sure if it's exactly what you're after, but you could have a look at RaidChecklist which I'm currently in the process of building. It's based on the excellent spreadsheets maintained by Malazee over in this thread. It doesn't track what buffs are applied/used, only what could be applied provided the players know what they're doing. :)
Off topic, but did anyone ever find out what carrion birds ability was changed to?
Not so far as I'm aware. Still waiting to find out about them and the beetles.
Sarayana

Oh awesome Anyia, I'll be testing that out!!! Anything you want us to look out for in particular while testing it?

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Has silver dragon been updated to work with 4.0?????

Edit: Never mind. It has. :oops:

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Autumnshots
Realm: Uldaman

Unread post by Autumnshots »

For my Focus watching I use the addon IceHUD, basically puts bars for my/pet's health and focus in the center of the screen. I also changed the color of the focus on icehud to pink lol, much easier for me to pay attention to. But that's pretty much it for hunter addon's, was using track-o-matic and viperwatch but since both of those are no longer needed (unless viperwatch is being revamped for focus) I'm just down to the one.

For general wow addons, I think I'm using bagon, silverdragon, bartender, x-perl and recount. Might be more but eh, haven't been paying too much attention to addons lol.

SpacemaNxSPIFF
Realm: Malorne

Unread post by SpacemaNxSPIFF »

Inline Auras was a great addon but it isn't updated yet. The author is currently working on release for 4.0 and the current version is really broken. When it gets fixed I highly recommend it plus OmniCC as Sarayana suggested.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... -aura.aspx

Probly easier to read the features list, but to explain:
What the addon does is put a colored box around your button for buff and debuff abilities when used. So if u have HM up on the target there's a red box around it. Also, if its up but from another hunter it'll show up as yellow instead letting you know its up but someone else is managing it. Works for serpent sting, venom, etc.

For buffs u get a green box around while the buffs active, so for say BW the button will be green till the effect wears off. Works for targeting friendly players too, to know what buffs you have on them.

Also, most importantly it gives a tiny little timer at the bottom of each button letting you know how much longer the buff/debuff lasts. This is really invaluable for keeping Serpent up, knowing when buffs will fade, and timing LnL procs even. Also, it has another small colored number for stacks on stackable debuffs etc.
Has a few nice options for timers MM:SS and colors etc. and works well on any char outta the box.

I'd also recommend quartz for a moveable cast bar especially the autoshot bar, and it's helpful for timing SS casts.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... uartz.aspx
Mockingbird
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azjol-Nerub (EU)

Unread post by Mockingbird »

Sarayana wrote:
Fayos wrote:Personally, I need something to make me be more aware of that damn Imp Steady Shot when I am running around as marksman.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... s-bar.aspx

It puts a bar in the middle of your screen (not movable, unfortunately) that also flashes procs.
Drag it with alt-leftmousebutton