I don't like this patch anymore..

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Re: I don't like this patch anymore..

Unread post by Worba »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:RankWatch was so evil...always catching my unsuspecting dual spec whose bars I forgot to set highest ranks on. :evil:
In the end though, it made me start checking my bars all the time. :lol:
It's not too bad as long as the user has it set to /whisper - but when they have it on /party or /yell, it's the person with the addon everyone gets mad at.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Worba wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:RankWatch was so evil...always catching my unsuspecting dual spec whose bars I forgot to set highest ranks on. :evil:
In the end though, it made me start checking my bars all the time. :lol:
It's not too bad as long as the user has it set to /whisper - but when they have it on /party or /yell, it's the person with the addon everyone gets mad at.
Yup. Mine was always set to whisper. but people got mad at me anyway going "omg turn it off!" and I just replied "Update your bars instead of using something downranked."

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Yes, like a broken "Your door... is ajar" warning that never turns off... what fun. :roll:
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

*shrugs at Worba* I never saw it be wrong before! You may have had something downranked in a macro or something.... Which spell(s) were in question?

*nods to Taluwen* Yep. :( And these were major abilities people were downranking too. >_< Usually, people were pretty happy to fix things, but every so often, people would bitch about it. It would especially suck when people on other servers complained, since I couldn't set the mod to ignore them. -_- Would have to turn the whole thing off or just ignore them.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:*nods to Taluwen* Yep. :( And these were major abilities people were downranking too. >_< Usually, people were pretty happy to fix things, but every so often, people would bitch about it. It would especially suck when people on other servers complained, since I couldn't set the mod to ignore them. -_- Would have to turn the whole thing off or just ignore them.
Pfft. If they were gonna be a dick about it, I left it on. XD If they nicely asked me to turn it off, I had it ignore them.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Taluwen wrote:
Kalliope wrote:*nods to Taluwen* Yep. :( And these were major abilities people were downranking too. >_< Usually, people were pretty happy to fix things, but every so often, people would bitch about it. It would especially suck when people on other servers complained, since I couldn't set the mod to ignore them. -_- Would have to turn the whole thing off or just ignore them.
Pfft. If they were gonna be a dick about it, I left it on. XD If they nicely asked me to turn it off, I had it ignore them.
Yeah, thankfully, the people from other servers were usually the dicks. xD Cause if they were from my server, I *could* ignore them.

Oh, and I always left mine on whisper. ;)

YouTube Edition

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Kalliope wrote:*shrugs at Worba* I never saw it be wrong before! You may have had something downranked in a macro or something.... Which spell(s) were in question?
I don't use ranks in macros... never have. It's kind of a no-brainer really; saying /cast Arcane Shot or the like would automatically cast it at its max rank, so there's no possibility of casting anything less than max... and just for shits and grins I'd gone to the trainer after the dungeon and sure enough... no new spells to be bought.

Wrong addon is wrong addon.
*nods to Taluwen* Yep. :( And these were major abilities people were downranking too. >_< Usually, people were pretty happy to fix things, but every so often, people would bitch about it. It would especially suck when people on other servers complained, since I couldn't set the mod to ignore them. -_- Would have to turn the whole thing off or just ignore them.
Don't know if this helps with your mod, but I believe you can ignore them by typing /ignore playername-realmname, so maybe in your mod instead of typing the name, include -realmname on the end? Just a thought.
Kalliope

Worba wrote:
Kalliope wrote:*shrugs at Worba* I never saw it be wrong before! You may have had something downranked in a macro or something.... Which spell(s) were in question?
I don't use ranks in macros... never have. It's kind of a no-brainer really; saying /cast Arcane Shot or the like would automatically cast it at its max rank, so there's no possibility of casting anything less than max... and just for shits and grins I'd gone to the trainer after the dungeon and sure enough... no new spells to be bought.

Wrong addon is wrong addon.
Yeah, the problem wasn't with TRAINING the spells. It was putting them on bars and actually USING the max ranked abilities. When you dinged/trained before 4.0.1, your dual spec's upgraded abilities would not be upgraded on its bars. So you could have the max rank of a spell and be using it in one spec, but not be using it in your secondary spec.
Worba wrote:
Don't know if this helps with your mod, but I believe you can ignore them by typing /ignore playername-realmname, so maybe in your mod instead of typing the name, include -realmname on the end? Just a thought.
Nope, tried that and it didn't work.

At least it's all moot now, since there are no more spell ranks period. :)

YouTube Edition

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Kalliope wrote:Yeah, the problem wasn't with TRAINING the spells. It was putting them on bars and actually USING the max ranked abilities. When you dinged/trained before 4.0.1, your dual spec's upgraded abilities would not be upgraded on its bars. So you could have the max rank of a spell and be using it in one spec, but not be using it in your secondary spec.
A) I was playing in my PRIMARY spec, B) even if I'd been in my offspec at the time, I didn't buy dual spec until I hit 80, at which time I learned the new spells for that spec, and THEN set up its bar - from scratch.

E.g. only the latest and greatest. ;)
Kalliope

Worba wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Yeah, the problem wasn't with TRAINING the spells. It was putting them on bars and actually USING the max ranked abilities. When you dinged/trained before 4.0.1, your dual spec's upgraded abilities would not be upgraded on its bars. So you could have the max rank of a spell and be using it in one spec, but not be using it in your secondary spec.
A) I was playing in my PRIMARY spec, B) even if I'd been in my offspec at the time, I didn't buy dual spec until I hit 80, at which time I learned the new spells for that spec, and THEN set up its bar - from scratch.

E.g. only the latest and greatest. ;)
Huh. What abilities then? Cause I never saw it go off and be wrong. The only times that it went off on abilities I *know* were maxed were on other characters who were buffing lowbies or deliberately downranking a spell (like dampen magic).

YouTube Edition

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Can't remember at this point - I'd just checked, confirmed "yup, everything is up to date" and told the guy to shut it off. But it doesn't matter, since the only way I could have anything downranked in that scenario would be if I'd used an explicit spell rank in one of my macros, which like I said I never do - listing the explicit spell rank in a macro was just a pointless and counterproductive waste of your 255 characters.
Dare
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by Dare »

Really? I love the patch still.

I used to despise survival, and now I prefer it over BM. It feels more comfortable in a raid situation. Also the damage is quite appealing.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Worba: Yup. Thats how it has to be typed, :)

LisaaraPokefarm

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Taluwen wrote:Worba: Yup. Thats how it has to be typed, :)
What do you mean, typing macro spells without the rank, or...? :?
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Ok, after a lot of work I've gotten my MM hunter's DPS up from 50% of her 3.3 numbers to maybe 75%; had to reforge everything into mastery, regem for +agi (was gemmed for arpen and those had been auto-replaced with +crit), checked out WHU and wow hunter forums, redid my talents (reclaimed bombardment, dropped silencing shot and conc barrage) and updated my rotations (am now opening with aimed to take advantage of 2/2 careful aim, and then leaving aimed just for the procs).

Also, AOE now at least doesn't feel gimped - burning focus down with multi and then pairs of steady, combined w trap launcher + exp trap, seems to work... certainly not the awesomeness it was back in 3.3 with impr volley + impr exp trap, but still as good- or slightly better than- my single target DPS. Since this is more or less what I was doing before, I'm guessing the difference in AOE may (?) be primarily due to the stat changes... :)

Still feels weak though - my fury warrior does 20-25% more on the target dummies (and that's obviously counting MM hunter's careful aim 2/2 being on all the time which is certainly not the case in dungeons), and in dungeons my fury warrior also seems to skyrocket right up close to her target dummy numbers pretty quickly, whereas my MM hunter can't seem to realize as much of her potential before the mobs (or boss) are all burned down.

And my fury warrior has the same ilvl, without a single point of +mastery... really for her it was pretty much "plug n' play", with nowhere near the kind of work it's taken to get my MM hunter rehabbed. :roll:

Definitely still a work in progress; although by no means a universally agreed matter, many over at wow forums did say MM had dropped by a nontrivial amount in 4.0...
Slickrock2
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Slickrock2 »

Overall, I'm fine with the patch and the changes. I've already forgotten about mana. It was funny last night, I was in VOA, and someone put down a table, and it was "oh yeah.. I used to grab those..."

At least for BM the rotation doesn't feel any different.

Only real issue is that we have no AOE. Perhaps they will fix multi for BM, but for now, multi is useless for BM in most applications.
Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

@ Slick: BM won't use Multi in Cata...worm's Burrow Attack will be our main AoE
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Magnakilro wrote:@ Slick: BM won't use Multi in Cata...worm's Burrow Attack will be our main AoE
And that's fine for places like the entry to ICC, but how many of those places are we going to have?..

Burrow Attack is useless for heroics unless you are going to swap pets before each boss, or just use the worm all the time, and Burrow is totally useless for soloing due to the aggro drop.

Hopefully Frostheim's talk with GC gets some attention to Multi for BM, because right now it's not worth spit.
Account has been closed at user's request.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Slickrock wrote:Hopefully Frostheim's talk with GC gets some attention to Multi for BM, because right now it's not worth spit.
Actually, I think Burrow is GCs response to Frostheim.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Kalliope

Saturo wrote:
Slickrock wrote:Hopefully Frostheim's talk with GC gets some attention to Multi for BM, because right now it's not worth spit.
Actually, I think Burrow is GCs response to Frostheim.
Frostheim's chat with GC took place after Burrow was put in. ;)

YouTube Edition