Patch 4.0.1 a Foreshadow to Muti-pets?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Corrin
Realm: Dethecus

Patch 4.0.1 a Foreshadow to Muti-pets?

Unread post by Corrin »

Been loving the latest patch changes (though my focus management needs work) and i came up with this theory.

With the latest changes to pet controls it seems to me that the ability to control multiple pets might be in future of hunters.
Here's my reasoning:

1. Call Pet has been changed to five separate spells. This could from a coding point of view might make it simpler to allow the PC to assign which pets are called when using two or more pets.

2. Pets have had dps skills changed to utility skills. When controlling multiple pets dps skills would make certain pet combos stronger then others, while utilities could either synergize into different combos or could become mutually elusive so only one pet buff and debuff would be up at a time.

3. EotB changing to the Move To command could allow for a simpler control of multiple pets. EtoB might seem odd for several pets as you'd either need EotB 1, 2, etc. or the extra pets would have to follow the pet under the effects of EtoB. Move To could allow you to move your pets kind of like troops in a RTS.

4. The addition of the Control Pet skill seems odd. I realize is supposed to be what makes a lowbie hunter become a true hunter at level 10(?), but it seems odd to even have it acknowledged in the spell book. It would, however, make more sense if at some point there was a Control Pet 2.

Well there's my thoughts on the matter. Pure speculation, but it's nice to dream. :D
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Re: Patch 4.0.1 a Foreshadow to Muti-pets?

Unread post by Rhyela »

I've thought for a long time that letting BM hunters control two pets at once would be neat. Sure, it is just speculation, but you make some good points and you never know what could happen! I'll keep dreaming with you. :D

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Highly doubtful. Blizzard has firmly stated you can only control one pet at a time and thats very unlikely to change. To even summon a second pet, you need to dismiss the first one.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Fayos
Realm: Sylvanas EU

Unread post by Fayos »

Apparantly, warlocks got a skill now, letting them have two pets out for like a minute. So, why not the hunters at some point?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Fayos wrote:Apparantly, warlocks got a skill now, letting them have two pets out for like a minute. So, why not the hunters at some point?
Last I checked, no they don't. I have a warlock and theres a lvl 80 warlock in my guild. Neither of us have any such skill.

It would make hunters OP and imbalance PvP.

LisaaraPokefarm

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Taluwen wrote:
Fayos wrote:Apparantly, warlocks got a skill now, letting them have two pets out for like a minute. So, why not the hunters at some point?
Last I checked, no they don't. I have a warlock and theres a lvl 80 warlock in my guild. Neither of us have any such skill.

Actually, warlocks DO get that. A DOT has a proc to summon an Ebon Imp, which is basically a weak melee outland imp.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Raydex-of-the-dawn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Dawnbringer

Unread post by Raydex-of-the-dawn »

Saturo wrote:
Taluwen wrote:

Actually, warlocks DO get that. A DOT has a proc to summon an Ebon Imp, which is basically a weak melee outland imp.
Which is more like Rhumba, that one skill that they took out.

...I want Rhumba back :/

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Raydex-of-the-dawn wrote:
Saturo wrote:
Taluwen wrote:Last I checked, no they don't. I have a warlock and theres a lvl 80 warlock in my guild. Neither of us have any such skill.

Which is more like Rhumba, that one skill that they took out.

...I want Rhumba back :/
You can't have it. It belongs to us Warlocks now.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Definitely new. 10g says Blizzard will remove it from warlock by Cata. It's already been said warlocks and mages are getting huge nerfs real soon.

LisaaraPokefarm

Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Taluwen wrote:Definitely new. 10g says Blizzard will remove it from warlock by Cata. It's already been said warlocks and mages are getting huge nerfs real soon.
Start some QQ in the forums just to make sure it does get taken away... :mrgreen: I hate locks...
Account has been closed at user's request.
Corrin
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Corrin »

Taluwen wrote:

I don't really see this making hunter's OP. Naturally both pets wouldn't be at full strength and they could always share HP or receive a hefty penalty if only one is surviving.

Not to mention warlocks and hunters are the original pet classes, so naturally warlocks would get two demon if hunter's get two pets. ;)

Regardless, i realize it's not likely to happen; just trying to pass the working day with a little sharing of my day dreaming. :hug:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Slickrock wrote:
Taluwen wrote:Definitely new. 10g says Blizzard will remove it from warlock by Cata. It's already been said warlocks and mages are getting huge nerfs real soon.
Start some QQ in the forums just to make sure it does get taken away... :mrgreen: I hate locks...
I only hate them in pvp and the cocky ones I meet in randoms. XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

Pardon if this has changed since I saw the video, but I remember seeing one were a Warlock's original minion wasn't dismissed when they used their Infernal Spell (which gave them two demons out at a time) did that change at some point or is it in a future patch or... ?
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Feath3r wrote:Pardon if this has changed since I saw the video, but I remember seeing one were a Warlock's original minion wasn't dismissed when they used their Infernal Spell (which gave them two demons out at a time) did that change at some point or is it in a future patch or... ?
^^^^^^

This! Warlocks can summon the Infernal or the Doomguard while their demon is still out. Those two where removed from being pets to being guardians. With that ebon imp they have 3 demons out, so to speak. Would be fun if Blizzard would allow us to call one of our active pets out as a guardian for a limited time in order to do some burst damage. Or all of them in a stampeding kind of attack.
ImageImage
Moyotoshi
Realm: Cho'gall

Unread post by Moyotoshi »

Titan's Stable, anyone?

See Blizz? I just took out the hardest part, naming the skill. Now all you have to do is code, balance and implement it. ;)
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Also, Isn't it possible for a shaman to summon their spirit wolves and one of their elementals?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Moyotoshi wrote:Titan's Stable, anyone?

See Blizz? I just took out the hardest part, naming the skill. Now all you have to do is code, balance and implement it. ;)
Or they could call it

Augean Stable

:mrgreen:
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Gimlion wrote:Also, Isn't it possible for a shaman to summon their spirit wolves and one of their elementals?
Yes indeed. Letting BM hunters have multiple pets might work for the new 41 pt talent, as long as they gave it a short enough duration and a long enough cooldown.
Nimizar
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore - US

Unread post by Nimizar »

As others have pointed out, warlocks can actually have a pet+guardian out rather than multiple pets. I believe the enhancement shaman situation is similar (wolves are real pets, elementals are guardians).

Hunters actually having multiple pets is unlikely to ever happen. Being able to call a second pet as a guardian is a possibility, but I doubt such a pet would brings its family abilities with it in that situation (i.e. it would just be a DPS CD). Given that BM already has BW/TBW and Fervor as DPS cooldowns, it's unlikely Blizz would give us another one.
The Insect Man
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by The Insect Man »

Worba wrote: Yes indeed. Letting BM hunters have multiple pets might work for the new 41 pt talent, as long as they gave it a short enough duration and a long enough cooldown.
This is good thinking - a spirit-wolf style ability where you had multiple pets out, all controlled on the same bar, for the same sort oif duration, sounds plausible as a BM top talent - could be duplicates of your current pet or others from stable or however you wanted to do it. Or could work like army of the dead where they go nuts, try to tank everything and wipe the raid with their craziness. :)